Glasses & Protective Glasses?

Namaco
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello topic name might sound weird but nevertheless, I'm going to try my first time ever airsoft skirmish soon and I have one problem because I am buying some clothing and protective stuff and here it is as I wear glasses, my view is very bad without them and the rules of the site is to always use eye protection but I dont know, do normal glasses work as protection or will I need to use something on it, now that would look weird, normal glasses and then protective glasses on it...

Could anyone tell me some tip on it? do normal glasses work as protection as for the rules?

Thank you!

• Supporters

No, your everyday glasses won't count as eye protection, if they got hit they'd likely shatter into hundreds, if not thousands of pieces and probably end up doing even more damage to your eye than the shot alone would.

You'll need something with a ballistic rating. You have a few options available:

You can get some big bulky goggles that have space on the inside for your glasses

You can buy some large-ish goggles and modify them to have room for your glasses

Or, you can get some prescription lenses the same as the ones you have for your glasses, in the form of "inserts" which can be fitted into special makes of goggles.

The last options will be very expensive in comparison to the other options, but it'll be most comfortable for you and you'll be able to see the best.

I'll let others come along to outline which goggles you have to choose from, as I have no idea - I don't wear glasses, but hopefully you've got a general idea from what I've said so until someone else shows up, you can look around online for options.

• Supporters

Have you considered contact lenses?

If you wore contacts you could use mesh goggles, then you wouldn't have to worry about the goggles or your glasses misting up or anything. I think that's what I'd do if I needed glasses.

Have you considered contact lenses?

If you wore contacts you could use mesh goggles, then you wouldn't have to worry about the goggles or your glasses misting up or anything. I think that's what I'd do if I needed glasses.

I really do not like contact lenses, I really prefer glasses because its pain in the arse having them :/ ((contact lens it is))

• Supporters

That's fair enough.

These just popped up in my newsfeed on Facebook, apparently they'll fit over most prescription glasses and they even have optional mesh lenses.

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog...ml#.UFmMWUJpA_M

Archived