West Sussex newbi

richardkt
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

My son (12) has been airsofting, (on private land under adult supervision) with his friends. He now wants to get a gun and has his heart set on a FAMAS (http://airriflesbbguns.co.uk/bb-guns/famas-f1-bb-rifle.shtml). Having done some research on the net and still NOT knowing what I am looking at! Is this a good weapon for playing with his friends of should I be lookin at something else, he, of course, wants a high FPS etc etc and I know that I will need to get a 2 tone weapon.

Also, is there any sites in East or West Sussex where he can go and play at 12 years old?

I must admit though when I get his, birthday in June, I just might get myself something to play with as well!!!

many thanks

Richard

• Supporters

yeah, it should suffice. and even leave some nasty bruises on his mates :lol:

be wary with unknown manufacturers though.

and with having a fully auto weapon, he will empty the 70 round mag VERY quickly, probably before hitting anything.

If you can, sway him towards one of the JG/Classic Army (CA) sportline/CYMA weapons. They have good reputation and upgrades are easily found. as are spare magazines.

and as for your fine self, go along to skirmishes and rent. play 2 games in no less than two months (go once a month for 3 months) and yourself UKARA registered so you have a defence to buy and own RIF's.

then you have as much choice as you can imagine. and then some more. The sky is the limit.

(usually your bank balance loses interest in more guns before you do :D)

• Supporters
play 2 games in no less than two months (go once a month for 3 months) and yourself UKARA registered so you have a defence to buy and own RIF's.

my bold, its 3 games in not less than 2 months

Archived