Airsoft shop

Ashly
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys

me and a couple of mates are planning on starting an airsoft shop so we have a few questions. Any answers would be great cheers. We are thinking to setup on Berkshire.

1. Do you have a store near you?

2. How much do you spend a month on airsoft?

3. What makes do you buy?

4. What area do you live in?

• Supporters

1) no, online stores/forums

2) way to much (although im getting better :unsure::rolleyes: )

3) anything cheap and real deal (mostly second hand)

4) Leicestershire

Hi,

If you are looking at setting up a physical shop then you need to do some serious market research around the Berkshire Area. I believe there is a skirmish site which was a shopping mall (the old Butts Centre I think??) in Reading. This would be the place to hand out questionaires.

You also need to consider where your competition is. Where is the nearest shop that sells Airsoft equipment. You also need to look at a comparison of physical shop against online store and you will probably notice that the vast majority shop online. I must admit a physical shop is always better as it offers the touch and feel, however it will never be able to compete with the audience captcher area.

Of course there are thousands of other things to consider as with all businesses.

All the best.

• AF-UK Founding Member

I think if you do look to do well then you'd have to go online too. I'd try and stock most things but wouldn't bother with the cheapy springers and anything else sub £30 ish.

nope, its the friars walk shopping centre.

Butts is supposedly still open.

Oh ok. I moved away years ago and I was sure it was Butts that closed down. Oh well not that it matters. Great idea though to have a mall as a skirmish site, def on my list of sites to visit.

F+O keep having trouble with people breaking and entering the site during skirmishes. even with signs up saying people are shooting each otehr inside :lol:

:D

• 3 years later...

Hi there, I might have what your looking for...we have just taken on a unit in melton and along with our site and vast supplier can get most of what you need. We also try to be cheaper than other retailer and are happy to price match if we are over others, Keep in mind that in the unit are stock on airsoft is limited due to just opening but are stock is growing and we can always order what you want and you can use the unit as a pick up point.

LONGSHOT SPORTS along with LEISTERSHIRE-AIRGUNS have now relocated and open up our first store. We stock a larger range of items ranging from air pistols and air rifles to crossbows and archery. We also stock a range of top quality airsoft items along with military and tactical clothing. To finish off the selection we have a broad selection of Slingshots and extras.

Melton Mowbray Market,
Scalford Road,
Melton Mowbray,
Leicestershire
LE13 1JY
Gate 3
Unit 21

Sunday 8:30 - 12:30
Tuesday 8:30 - 2:30

Sounds like a good idea. I only really go to Wolf Armouries as they seem pretty good. I think in general people are buying things online where price is king, you can find some good deals on weapons and kit. The drawback with buying online is you cannot try/test stuff. Particularly clothing, masks, glasses and other kit. I have bought so many of these things online and been disappointed when they have arrived to find they do not fit or work properly. Id love to find somewhere selling a range of ballistic eyewear that you can try on before you buy etc.

1. Do you have a store near you? Not as far as im aware
2. How much do you spend a month on airsoft? £100-£200
3. What makes do you buy? Tokyo Marui
4. What area do you live in? West Sussex

• Supporters

God damnit. I knew it was going to be old purely because of how impossibly generic the topic title is lol.

You bunch of bloody specials haha. Thread closed.

Archived