new to airsoft

mikey nitro
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi.im a total newbie to airsoft but have become addicted.i was wondering if anybody could help me with advice on my 1st gun.i want a decent m4a1 for around £200-£350.i dont really know which makes are good or poor and dont understand things like hop up or why some cheaper ones seem to have a better fps.any help would be appreciated.thanks :D

Whatever you do don't get a 2-tone. And £200-350 will get you a very good gun.

What do you have planned for it? Will you use it as is or will you be adding extras to it (MAGPUL parts, grenade launchers).

If you want to leave it prety much stock have a look at ICS guns, they are meant to be very good. Also Classic Army and G&P are in that price range.

• Supporters

If you go for a higher end gun, use it stock for a while - 2/3 games and then see what it is like.

If everything is fine, great, leave it stock and whack an ACOG on it.

if you lack range get a new hop up--------£30/40

if you lack accuracy, get a new hop up and barre l£80/90

if you lack raw power (chronoing under 300FPS) get a new spring £10

However pay for the upgrades to be done by a professional as you can easily mess a gun up completely.

I would say either Classic Army or ICS. Both have a very good track record. And you can pick up both for around £250 and then you have the extra to spend on batteries (as neither come with one) more mags, an assualt vest or what ever else you think you will need.

• Supporters

so, shopping list of reccomended items

Gun

Batteries - 8.4/9.6V with the biggest Mah you can find

Mags - 2 high caps or 5/6 mids.

something to carry everything

snazzy sling

battery charger. easily forgotten but possibly one of the more important things to get.

and make sure the batteries have the correct connector size (usually a mini style Tamiya)

thanks guys thats all a big help.i def wont be getting a two tone.im just waiting to get ukara registered.i will prob wanna add to it.like a grenade launcher and red dot or acog.also as a secondary gun all the pistols/glocks etc seem to be gas powered.are they fine to use at most sites or are there electric versions

Full metal M4, seems pretty good.

http://www.tacticalairsoftshop.co.uk/produ..._Metal_TAS00287

Full Metal M16, i know you want an M4 but this is cheaper and they look really similar.

http://www.tacticalairsoftshop.co.uk/produ..._Metal_TAS00285

Hope this helps.

I would stay away from Nad launchers for the time being

Mainly because they are very exspensive and mostly useless in some feilds of play

Also they can add a very heavy weight onto the frount of your gun makeing it very frount heavy and making it harder to handle weapon

• AF-UK Founding Member

Personally I'd go for the ICS, you can get the metal version off zeroone for £250 (without battery) I've always had a high opinion of ICS and it seems Z1 have pretty much the same idea, they say:

We rate the reliability of ICS AEG's higher than any other brand! Exclusively backed in the UK directly by ICS, we can also obtain ANY spare part for this gun, so you're in very safe hands with this purchase. We ensure each individual gun is hand checked and tested, and working at maximum performance before despatch. This is a service you won't find anywhere else!

Order your ICS gun from Zero One and we will modify the power lever to your choosing free of charge

Speaks for itself really :)

• Supporters

yeh there hand in hand, in each others pocket, etc, etc

but if you do get ics get it from zeroone

Archived