Tips/Tricks You use

Rock-climby-Dave
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Basically what the title says, any things you do out of the norm that you feel makes your gear work better/faster/ more efficiently.

A friend (the leprechaun) has an MP5 with a mag clamp. however, he doesn't like the mag that stick out to the left of the gun, it gets in his way and generally hampers his arms movement.

after maybe 5 or 10 minutes looking at the problem I put the mag of the right hand side of the gun facing backwards.

This means that to change mag, you take the mag out, spin the gun to face your left, whilst spinning the mags around the rest of the way so the new (full) mag can go into the gun, without the empty one getting in your way.

I have seen tha done before but i dont know how effective it is becuase i dont use clamps

If you have a MOLLE system what i would recomend you do is mount you mag pouches the same side and your trigger hand and your dump pouch on the opposite

But the thing is about gear is its all down to user preference i have gotten a custom to my load-out and now have a cycle which i now do with out thinking about it

There is other things that can approve your reload times etc but i canrt remeber now i will get back to you :D

Thanks

Jack

If you use a MOLLE rig set up your dump pouch on your off side leg (left side for right handers and the other way for lefties) and the mag pouches on the off hand side of you rig this way you will have quick access to both while you main hand stays on the gun.

I use an AK chest rig where I leave all the tops open so I can get at the mags fast. Mags are upside down facing to the left so I can wip em out and slap em in. Don't worry to much bout mag dump tho cuz if I'm in a fire fight I fling the spent mag out and slap the new one in. I'll pick it up later.

I have a PRC 349 on my chest as well. the talk switch is clampped to my chest rig strap close to my heart. It's easy to find just ask the ladies, and it's always there. The PRC 349 is a big radio but works well aside from the wip antena which sticks high in the air so I cabble tie that mo fo to the back of my chest rig.

On my AK I have a single point sling tightned up, almost choking me so I can litterally drop it then reach for my side arm at my thigh. The AK will sit right in the middle of my chest and won't hang much lower than my waist. This is great for room clearing excersises and quickly reaching for my tornado.

Tornado is always kept just above the pistol in a fastened pouch on my right side. I need to change this into an open but safe velcro I think cuz it takes too long to get to.

It takes a while to get in and out of this kit yes... But once in and tightened down it's comfy.

Cheers

Not carrying kit you don't need helps, also quick release mag pouches speed up reloading although you only really need them if you use low or mid cap magazines.

Like abbadon101 said keep your mag pouches and your dump pouch on your left side if your right handed or vice versa if your left handed. This way your trigger finger is where it should be... on the trigger. :)

Simples! :P

For you GBB fans out there

Use them heatpacks that hickers use to warm them selfs up

Stick one in your MAG pouch and then stick the MAG in it will be a slightly tighter fit but it will keep your MAGs warm so they will give out consisten power

BTW i dont have a GBB but some of my fellow players use this tecnique and it seams to work??

Thanks

Jack

Archived