UKARA

Samuellx3
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know this has been answered, but i've searched and can't find anything anywhere and don't want to hijack someone elses thread. So, I'm 16 and would quite like to buy an Airsoft gun, i was originally told to buy a two-tone but i have been put of them by various stories, i have now thought about getting a RiF however i would need a UKARA registered adult to own the gun, my dad isn't interested in guns or playing airsoft for that matter is there any way he can apply for UKARA without having to play?

If anyone was interested this was the gun i was thinking about buying. Gun Does it apply as a RiF?

• AF-UK Founding Member

Unfortunately that would require the retailer to trust you were going to do it.

Everyone could just say "I'll wrap lime green tape on it" and then not bother.

Some retailers offer a spray service so it would be worth checking them out, then you just need someone over 18 to purchase the weapon with their own money.

Yeah that is right, however, i would wrap it, i cannot prove this, however i do not want to get in trouble with the police. Would it be illegal to buy a gun if the supplier is not UKARA registered or still sell it to me if i'm not? I was planning on getting a wooden stock gun so if red wolf airsoft does offer a two-tone service, (I'm not sure, however in the rules they have an agreement that they will do whatever they can to make the gun legal in my country) would the paint be easily removable when i am reg'd?

• AF-UK Founding Member

There isn't really any getting around it. You don't want to try and break the law/look for a grey area anyways, it isn't a good idea.

Get your hands on a two tone, wait till you can become UKARA registered, or just hire at your local site.

You can still buy gear etc so that all you need when you do turn 18 and get registered is a gun.

Hope this helps :)

• Supporters

The best thing to do would be get a nice gun NOW...

Ask for the retailer to spray the stock and foregrip in green

once UKARA'd you can simply replace the parts and still have the same gun you are used to and have muscle memory (and tbh, if its a nice gun, feelings) for. (by which I mean, its your first gun, even if its crap, which buying a nice one would avoid, you still love it as an object)

• Supporters

rent until your 18, then another three games in no less than 2 months, bingo, ukara qualified you can buy a rif,

tom

• Supporters

aye, that is viable if you are close to being 18.

say it is £15 for hire for a day.

and then say that it is perfectly reasonable to go 12 times in the year

that is 12X15 which is *reaches for calculator*

and if he is 16, you can double that as its 2 years.

that gives him a nice budget of around £360 to get and upgrade the gun to his hearts content.

with that budget at his disposal, you can EASILY avoid clones and go into higher end guns.

but then we ave the problem of samuell wanting a sniper rifle. and I'm sure by now we all know the number 1 rule of airsofting for beginners..... Don't use a sniper rifle.

If you really want a gun just go with a lower end 2 tone they will do the job and you will still have enought money to buy a dencent RiF when you old enough

But i would agree with Nutster if i was you i would rent

You might find you get bored of the sport? :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
No if you look you register with UKARA but there is a couple of associations that provide a defence BUT I wouldn't trust anyone other than UKARA

That is quite an interesting statement. Normally people don't trust UKARA. Why would you not trust others? Just out of interest.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Generally how the UKARA have got things going is seen to be working and that is what people see shops supporting etc, everyone does their 3 games in no less than 2 months then registers.. I should imagine a good majority may have not even heard of AOBA f.e.x.

Archived