PMC/Merc loadout

Brooksey1211
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As its getting hotter, i have decided 2 go for a PMC/ Merc loadout:

Jeans

Kneepads

foldable dump pouch

Black Alpinestars T-shirt

SAAV in DPM

skull balaclava

MICH replica helmet 2000

viper under face mask

Mechanix Gloves

But i am saving up for a:

Decent AK chest rig in OD

a pistol Holster

• Supporters

sounds like a modern warefare 2, task force 141 favella load out to me

If you want a good vest that will set you out you can pick up a "photographers" vest for about £15-20. These look VERY similar to a 5.11 tactical vest, alot of PMC's use these as they are very low profile and don't make you look like a soldier in any way.

Lol u r probably thinking that i am another one of those modern warfare 2 airsoft wannabes but i only wanted to get the skull balaclava for the 'unique' look ,besides have you ever heard of Blackwater Operatives, The jeans and T shirt is a classic PMC/Merc stereotype

• Supporters

nah mate not a problem with it, and its more tan/black polo for blackwater now called XE i think after apparent 'atrocities'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope I'm allowed to link to a picture on here (there's no other content on the page, don't worry).

If you're looking for a mercenary look, I got these two through Google images quite quickly.

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/mercenary-lg.jpg

http://www.btlonline.org/2007/i/blackwater052507.jpg

IMO I prefer the first one, the wrap would keep your head cool during the summer, yet warm in the winter months...plus it would protect your face, and is probably cheaper than some of the masks out there :)

I hope I'm allowed to link to a picture on here (there's no other content on the page, don't worry).

If you're looking for a mercenary look, I got these two through Google images quite quickly.

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/mercenary-lg.jpg

http://www.btlonline.org/2007/i/blackwater052507.jpg

IMO I prefer the first one, the wrap would keep your head cool during the summer, yet warm in the winter months...plus it would protect your face, and is probably cheaper than some of the masks out there :)

I too am looking for a great Merc look, the first sniper pic looks amazing. I think a true merc look is a soldier that has kitted himself out with what has been available/needed to him at the time.

The black water look I do not like, first it looks TOO much like a uniform. A merc fights for the highest bidder, he does not need a uniform as such.

-Rcann

I think a true merc look is a soldier that has kitted himself out with what has been available/needed to him at the time.

Well then just look in your gear closet and make a merc load-out :)

This is what i will be doing

A old pair of jeans

A T-Shirt

Boots

My plate carrier

and a baseball cap for that added coolness

There you go a Merc load-out haha

Well then just look in your gear closet and make a merc load-out :)

This is what i will be doing

A old pair of jeans

A T-Shirt

Boots

My plate carrier

and a baseball cap for that added coolness

There you go a Merc load-out haha

I might just get a long leather mac and a pistol grip pump action shotty. Sleaze it up to the max. lol

This is NOT how I want to look... lol

echo.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I might just get a long leather mac and a pistol grip pump action shotty. Sleaze it up to the max. lol

This is NOT how I want to look... lol

No Va Va Voom.

Im going to do some george combat trousers in og ish, black technical base layer or softshell depending on the weather, plate carrier, baseball cap and hk416 with hiking boots for a pmc loadout. Simple and cheap

• 5 months later...
If you want a good vest that will set you out you can pick up a "photographers" vest for about £15-20. These look VERY similar to a 5.11 tactical vest, alot of PMC's use these as they are very low profile and don't make you look like a soldier in any way.

Nice idea if i can find one that will fit AK mags i will buy one... my second hobby is photography too so i will be smiley :P

• 3 weeks later...
The black water look I do not like, first it looks TOO much like a uniform. A merc fights for the highest bidder, he does not need a uniform as such.

Well yeah but blackwater arent mercs in the strictest sense, they work for a security company which requires a certain uniformity.

(and dont call them mercs, its bad press :P )

What youre thinking of is a lone-operative style merc, something a la Andy McNab's novels (his fiction, not his nonfiction) or that xbox game Mercenaries (was awesome btw, second one was such a letdown).

• 4 weeks later...

jus eeber though merc wear what they are comftable in if you go for a tan 5.11 fishing vest type thing with a ak chest rig(chicom) then your making a CIA in irag louadout 2001, but there has also been pics of merc in army camo!! so it doesnt really matter what you wear you can call it a merc loudout.

• 1 month later...

Those photos are really interesting, and useful detail.

I'm curious about the armaments those guys are using, since the photos seems to suggest standard Armalites and tacticoool gubbins'd AKs and M4s.

I like the Scottish Merc :lol:

Its just one guy, (his name is Argyle) and in the photos he can be seen wearing or carrying M4s, Galil, Sig 551, AKs, MP5 and Glocks.

Also of note are the pictures of Blackwater, AEGIS and Russian mercs.

I use military photos website alot. Some good source material.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, have dug up some pics of me in a PMC/PSD/Merc style loadout.

First one is really for CQB, CP or Vehicle Work. (I'm the guy in the middle)

the_winning_team.jpg

Helikon Commanders Jacket

Shemagh, Jeans and BB Cap

Lowa Elite boots

Oakley Gloves and Blackhawk knee pad

SVS Personal Body Armour (ACM Clone)

MP9 with Eotech 552 and Surefire Scout Light

Colt 1911 in Serpa holster and 2x spare 1911 mags worn on belt

WAS Go-bag with 6x MP9 mags and other essentials

This is a dead easy loadout, (minus the weapons and attachments) and can be put together for less than £100 using clone gear, ebay and whatever you've got in your cupboard. I have used it for woodland, but it works best for CQB obviously.

This next pic was taken on a Mil-sim day when I was a Merc guarding African diamond mines :) Although I have a rather snazzy PDW here, it would work better with an AK variant (wood based) or a very basic (Non-RIS) M4, G3, Uzi or Galil. (Could even work with MP5 or a shottie). Anyway think old-school 70s/80s weaponry and you wont go far wrong (My AKSU broke half way through the day and my son was using my AKM hence the PDW).

photo5edit.jpg

OD cap and tee-shirt (the more washed out the better)

WAS TMV vest

Lowa Elite boots and Oakley gloves in tan

Claw Gear trousers in Rooivalk (I believe its a pakistani camo pattern but it is used in africa too)

AK74-SU w/ 5x mags

Colt 1911 w/ 3x mags

Again another really cheap load-out to assemble. Substitute the vest for a cheapo chest rig and the trousers for any camo trousers, (for f**ks sake dont use multicam or MTP!) and dig out a load of washed out gear from your cupboards and your ready to go.

The last set of pics is my version of a high-end PMC Ops team. This is quite a dear loadout (dont ask how much the rifle costs...) and probably the most bulky. I wear it mainly for woodland (I substitute the black Helikon for either a Tan or OD one depending on the season).

more_to_shoot.jpg

contact.jpg

SDC10361.jpg

Tan 5.11 Cap (with "Surprise c*** Fags" patch), Oakley Gloves and Lowa boots.

Black Helikon Sharkskin jacket

Shemagh

SOCOM Camo Claw Gear GenII trousers

Pantac RG RAV vest

Custom TM/HurricanE Sig 552 w/ 10x mags and 4x ACOG sight

TM Sig P226R w/ 5x mags

Devgru SEALS headset and Motorola radio

In truth this pretty much my standard mil-sim set up. I swap the vests and weapons around but I really like the SOCOM trousers. Most of the other BW guys also have a set, and like multicam they work in most enviroments. I tendnot to wear camo tops but in summer would swap in either a black/od polo shirt.

Hope this has given you some ideas or help. If you want any advice or have any questions just fire away ;)

Archived