A&K Dragunov SVD

Rock-climby-Dave
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Gun Name and maker: A&K Dragunov SVD

FPS: around 450-500....still got to get mine chrono'd so I can change this when it is

Hop up: yes, bit wierd but very stable.

Mag Capacity: 220? high cap mag

Battery: -

Plastic/Metal/Both: everything that should be metal is. the wood furniture is plastic, but a nice feeling, solid one. Isn't going to break anytime soon

My opinion and overall comments: Shoots wonderfully on .25's and I am quite happy with the Iron sights for smaller, closer skirmishes, just don't expect wonders from them at range. I still am waiting for my scope mount to arrive, so this is based on the stock gun.

When it arrived it was SUPER stiff to c***, but that has eased up after about 3/4 days of playing with it. without the included cheek rest the iron sights are just right, and once a scope is on the rest should suffice perfectly to get my eyes where they should be.

My only dissapointment with it is the fact that the flash hider is not removable.... so no custom made barrett compensator for me :(

Just be careful. double cocking is too easy and I have managed to quadcock it (4 times). if a BB gets between the mag and the bolt, the internals are going to need cleasning as the bolt smashes the bb's withing that gap. I can't work out how to stop it, but I have a feeling it is to do with putting the mag in, winding it loads, then partially removing it, then, finally replace the mag instantly. and shazam, BB parts everywhere.

in skirmish - fantastic, even on .25's I was hitting accurately enough in the ranges envolved (anything upto 50m)

the fear factor created by a near miss whizzing past enemies kept them pinned better than constant suppresing from an AEG

light so I could still get into the heat of battle, with an easy charging handle pull and huge accuracy.

just, wow.

and the speed it kicks BB's out at is phenominal, AEG's are positivley slow in comparison.

fantastic bit of kit, and PERFECT for getting into sniping.

Overall rating:

8.5/10 If the bolt didn't break BB's it would be at 9.5 as stock

with a scope, it could easily be a 10.

I am actually giong to edit my rating, and now give it a 9/10

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

its down to personal opinion. The L96 will not fire at the same fps as the Drag (up smack on 500fps on .2's) and may only achieve 450 or something around there ojnce the spring has settled.

that said, my hop-up unit is jammed (just on the limit of where it should be set for .2's) so I have no choice but to use .2's to get anything more than 50M out of it. so maybe thats a bad thing?

and the L96 is MUCH nicer to hold. the body shape is clearly from a country who can spend time getting a nice feel into a gun. plus its much more adjustable. A few of my freinds despise the Drag's grip... some love it.

aand (even though this shouldn't affect a decision) the L96 has a much nicer pull on the bolt. much more satisfying :D (and won't break BB's in the magwell :lol: )

• 1 year later...
its down to personal opinion. The L96 will not fire at the same fps as the Drag (up smack on 500fps on .2's) and may only achieve 450 or something around there ojnce the spring has settled.

that said, my hop-up unit is jammed (just on the limit of where it should be set for .2's) so I have no choice but to use .2's to get anything more than 50M out of it. so maybe thats a bad thing?

and the L96 is MUCH nicer to hold. the body shape is clearly from a country who can spend time getting a nice feel into a gun. plus its much more adjustable. A few of my freinds despise the Drag's grip... some love it.

aand (even though this shouldn't affect a decision) the L96 has a much nicer pull on the bolt. much more satisfying :D (and won't break BB's in the magwell :lol: )

I found that some people find the bolt handle hard to pull - some don't...

Also the drag looks crap with standard scope but awesome with a Pso-1 scope/other russian scope but there do damn expensive ^^

Some people spend more on the scope than the gun! - and that's crazy...

Liam

• 1 month later...

Well i have a dragunov it is my favorite sniper rifle i paid £220 for it with an imported PSO scope and yes this one is the real deal, has a G36 hop unit on it an tight bore im getting 455fps roughly with 0.30's and range of around 350feet for comftable kills although ive seen it shoot to around double this distance.

Downfalls:

Cocking handle is quite hard to pull back

It is a large rifle larger than the mauser i sometimes use

tad on the heavy side but for the dragunov compairson to the real thing it is light!

PSO scope is always off leftno matter what you do to it

Personally i wouldnt advise using this if your a first timer

Bipod can sometimes get in the way of the mag when loading and unloading

Posatives:

Range and accuracy is very good

FPS is consistant throughout firing +/- 10fps

used with a PSO scope wit a good marksmen behind it then there is nothing you cannot do

Out ranges mausers, L96's, M40, and barret M82's (proven in milsim and skirmishes)

can be camo'd up easily and unobstructively with a rifle wrap

Archived