2 little mods to my m4, help?

walshy155
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

And which CM16? There are quite a few variants.

• Supporters

Links?

• Supporters

You're gonna need to take your front sight/gas block off your outer barrel as well as undoing your barrel nut to mount that freefloating rail, probably need to unscrew the flash hider as well to facilitate the front sight coming off.

• Supporters

I've never got a close look at a G&G AR, so perhaps the barrel nut they use has some unique feature that allows it to go over the outer barrel even with the front sight being permanently fixed. Depends what their actual process is in the factory really.

If your front sight has two pins going through it underneath the barrel then you may be able to drift them out and remove the block, otherwise perhaps take some pictures close up of the base of your barrel and maybe we'll spot a way to remove it.

You'll probably need a stupidly long philips head screwdriver to remove the currently-affixed buffer tube in order to switch your stock over. Try removing the cap on the end of your tube and having a look inside then report back.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a RIS rail for my m4 (cm16) and I have a stubby stock, like a m16 solid stock, the main problem is the ris rail how can I put it on my gun?

I have a similar looking M4 at least. I was interested in how to put them on if you buy the whole rail system and I found a few videos on youtube which might help you.

This first one is Evike.com which seemed pretty helpful i guess

This second one is a bit lame because the guy doesn't sound like he knows a lot but it might help you.

I found quite a few videos on my searches but forgot to favourite them all. sorry dude.

Hope this helps.

I had same problem with mine it's easier to replace weird G & G 2 piece outer Barrel with 1 piece jobbie from another make which has removeable front Sight.

Archived