My Zero one Nightmare

rjmcgough
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

First I purchased a G&G MP5A5 from zero one but before purchasing I asked what fps it fired at. They said it fired at 320 fps. That was perfect for my CQB site which has a limit of 328. They said they were sorry the info wasnt on their site and added it for me. It clearly stated the fps was 320 which can be seen here: (http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_403&products_id=5649&osCsid=3af588deb8ffb209007cbf3ae5462927). I went to my site and it fired at 348. (Obviously I was a bit pi**ed). I phoned them up and they said I should have said I wanted the spring set to 320 fps. I informed them that it said it was already set to that on there site and they told me they would repair it for free BUT I had to pay the P&P. I did so and got my gun after a few days firing at 318-326. perfect. I then left a review to warn others about the fps limit being higher than stated. Which can be seen here :(http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_reviews.php?cPath=268_318_403&products_id=5649&osCsid=3af588deb8ffb209007cbf3ae5462927). They replied saying that my skirmish site must have used a paintball chrono (I can assure you it was definetly an airsoft chrono) and that all guns were tested before shipping. Mine obviously wasnt as they realised at would have been firing at 28fps above the stated fps.

I then purchased a KJW Sig Sauer P226 from zero one and during my first game gas started leaking from the plate at the bottom of the mag. I phoned them and told them about the issue and they said to apply silicone oil. I told them it wasnt the valve it was leaking from and they told me to send it back for repair. I did so. I got the mag back and during my second game it started leaking from the valve. I applied some silicon oil and the problem was still occuring. I sent it back for repair and they told me they would leave it lying for a few days and then if it wasnt working they would repair it. I told them I wasnt happy with a repair as the mag was obviously flawed as the power it gave out was significantly lower than my WE magazine I purchased. they told me the mag was SO scratched they could not return it. I informed them that the paint was so thin on the mag it just scratched off the first time it was inserted into the pistol. They still said they couldnt return it. After 5 minutes of arguing and telling them that I was thinking of reporting them to trading standards they told me they could not return it as there boss was not in. I thought that was just an excuse as a buisness should still function when there boss leaves for a bit. After more arguing they finally decided to send me a replacement. (So much for not being able to without their boss).

Almost a week later there was still no mag. I phoned them up and they told me that they had *forgot* all about it. And they would send it out. I told them I wanted it the next day as I had a skirmish that day. They said they couldnt do it. After some more arguing they suddenly changed their minds and I received it the next day. Oh, and I was made to pay the P&P on the repairs.

I will NOT be buying form this site again as the customer service in my experience with them was APPALING and they made any excuse that made it not their fault.

P.s. Sorry for the rant. Just wanted people to know about this.

Should post this on zeroin haha see how many seconds till its removed lol.

• Supporters

I effing hate Zero One.

I think it's pathetic that they don't allow a single bad thing to be said about them on their forums, not to mention not allowing the mention of any other retailer. They're meant to be doing the airsofting community a service, not denying them useful information.

I also hate how the reviews have to be "approved" before they appear on the site. Which to me says if you say something's shit, they just won't approve it.

They're just so childish and up their own arses that I actively avoid buying anything from them. Even if they're the only place in stock I'll ask another retailer if they can get it in for me.

Usually Fire-Support, Land Warrior or Patrol Base. I can't recommend any of those highly enough. Best shops ever, hands down.

• Supporters

I've never had any* problems with them.

Have always been fast delivery, never had any order problems.

They always reply to emails within a day or two.

* The product descriptions are awful. Some don't even have descriptions, and the ones that do are too vague to of any use.

* Quite a lot of products have no images either, most of these are lacking descriptions, so you're going by a title and that's it.

* Not really a fan of their forums either, people seem to be a bit rude and ignorant on there. Not really had any helpful replies to anything I've posted.

Much prefer Fire-Support and Land Warrior, will always choose those over other retailers if possible.

I have to agree with the above. I see an item they have in stock, click on it and I get a price a a picture if I'm lucky. If action hobbies can manage a small novel for each item I don't see why zero one can't put a few scentences.. As for their forum every thread turns ino an argument one of which I was involved in where the thread got deleted because 10+ people agreed with me and the one who didn't (zeroin reg) got it removed over something unrelated to their forum/shop/site.

Well personally myself and my group of friends all use Z1 quite regularly, and none of us has ever had any problems with them. Plus we're in Northern Ireland.

On one occasion I had to return my AEG (turned out to need the faulty motor replaced) so I rang them up on a Monday morning and explained the problem. They arranged for the courier to lift my package early on Tuesday morning. Had my AEG back within the week like new!

Also it never cost me a penny! Either for the repair or postage.

Another point worth noting is that the OP stated about the fps. It clearly states on the page when your buying your AEG, the 3 options for standard, up/downgraded spring (£35)

The reason I point this out is, anytime (my last AEG was firing at 360fps out of the box) we buy an AEG from Z1 we always just choose standard spring and get them chrono'd when they arrive (as the legal limit here in Northern Ireland is 328fps) and if they need downgraded its only about £10 for a 1J spring, as opposed to £35 Z1 is looking.

Just my 2 cents worth

I started a thread about asking why other retailers wernt allowed to be used and so did a few others and all the bad posts got removed and one guy got banned for it.at this point i was pretty pissed off so i posted on another about a pistol saying i bought it from airsoft world but used numbers for letters and i got a month infraction so i email fizzy twice about it and there was no reply.at the end of the day its blocking your freedom of speech

Zeroin is pretty hot on people not naming other retailers, but they make this clear when you sign up. The forum is run by the people who run zero one, so dont be suprised that they dont allow links to other retailers. The whole thing is martketing/advertising for them, which costs them time and money to run. Why would you invest time and effort in running it and allow people to deflect sales from you to somewhere else?

Besides, its not like its hard to find the other retailers and please dont mention freedom of speech, what on earth has that got to do with it? Someone will bring up human rights next, lol!

Its a bit like reading the daily mail, all the content is spun a certain way. To get balance you need to go to other sites, such as here.

As for the service to the OP, it doesnt sound as bad as they make out. FPS is variable and if you want it for a specific fps, you have to tell people, or get the spring changed locally. Its not difficult to do. Also the OP stated they took it back and repaired it, which shows how the OP viewed it - it wasnt a repair, it was a downgrade, the gun was working fine.

Besides, its not like its hard to find the other retailers and please dont mention freedom of speech, what on earth has that got to do with it? Someone will bring up human rights next, lol!

Its a bit like reading the daily mail, all the content is spun a certain way. To get balance you need to go to other sites, such as here

Its more the principal of it pretending to be an unbiased forum when really its just suckering anyone who goes there to buy from zero one. People new to airsoft probably won't know better.

While your correct that it is not freedom of speech (when people register the forum will retain the rights to delete posts etc) its still a bit of a dirty move for them...

I also hate how the reviews have to be "approved" before they appear on the site. Which to me says if you say something's sh*t, they just won't approve it.

While I'm not 100% sure I believe that, if it can be proved is illegal under trading standards. If you have a review system it shouldn't be rigged.

Archived