JG AUG-A2

twistedblack69
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Looking at putting some upgrades on my AUG, just like scope, backup mags, but I'm not sure if all AUG attachents are universal on different makes of AUG, whether its Jing Gong, Tokyo Marui or anyone inbetween. Also, who makes cheap but quality attachments. There's cheap stuff on ebay, but I've always been wary of cheap stuff on ebay lol

• Supporters

scope can just be whacked onto the rail, provided you have scope rings. Don't get anything that goes too high though, its unncesary. aim for something around 3X magnification.

as far as telescopic scopes go, they have a number such as '3-9X32' or '12X50' something like that. The second number (in these cases '32' and '50' are the diameter in mm of the front (objective) lense. the bigger the better for this as a larger diameter will provide a wider area of light to enter the scope, thus making target requisition faster and easier. the first number '12' for example is the magnification power. DO NOT EXCEED 4!!!! but that is only on a fixed magnification. On a variable '3-9' (quite a common size) you can magnify from 3X to 9X and anything in between via a spining ring. As long as you can get below 4X zoom you should be fine and the larger the first number the better.

incidently, whilst many people are like 'sweet, you have a REAL dragunov scope' I am not. they cost too much and are, for lack of a better word, utterly s***. they are around an 8X zoom on a 24mm objective lense, meaning you can see the bloke you are going to shoot, but you can't find him with any ease at all. avoid at all costs.

Personally on an AEG I would just stick a red dot. I happen to own a 1X50 red dot scope. it works fantastic. failing an enclosed dot, try looking at a reflex scope or a holographic scope, just remember a good rule of thumb is never put more money on a scope than the gun so avoid holo's.

If you want a telescopic scope (an actual scope) find a local gun/hunting/knife store and have a look at some. Don't get swayed by illuminated reticules, they may look pretty, but batteries for them are mega-expensive and they are fairly useless in a game. just more weight. also, the simpler the better, you don't need a million differnt knobs and dials on the scope, its a waste of time, effort and money.

most scopes off ebay will work fine for airsofting purposes.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

anyway, enough on scopes.

as far as other upgrades go, new hop up unit may be in order, I know my mates one is crap and BB's are just EVERYWHERE. Don't know what type it takes, although I would hazard a guess at a marui AUG.

upgrade hop up before barrel.

mags - almost anything that fits a marui or a copy of a marui will fit. may be worth calling/email the shop before you place an order.

cheap but quality attatchments - China/HongKong. Just make sure any lasers do not exceed 4mw

Well that was a fun 20 minutes :D

Wow, that was pretty...comprehensive :) thanks. I was actually thinking of a red dot over a scope, as I'm thinking of getting a sniper rifle at some point. Thanks for your time, and I'm sure ill have plenty more questions closer to the time. Only other thing is where would you recommend to shop from? I bought a sling from Land Warrior, postage was good, arrived quickly, but I ordered black and they sent me olive, was the day before my first skirmish so couldn't return it

• Supporters

I have bought from a few different shops, links below:

http://www.airsoftworld.co.uk/ an obvious one. everyone is happy with their service, usually two (working) days to arrive

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/ second choice for most, if AW don't have it, they should.

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/ I bought a few mags from them and they were good. but you may disagree :D

http://www.novatcombat.com/ absolutly brilliant, just understocked. I had no troubles with them and I will definatly buy from them again (once I find something I want and is in stock)

I also know fire-upport are supposed to be good, and they have a HUUUGE range of stuff, but quite expensive.

most places postage is the same, so don't let that sway you (except novat, who have free posting)

as for a nice red dot that won't break the bank, try this wonderful bit of kit played with one and WILL be getting one for any and all of my CQB weapons :D

Specking for NOVATCombact they are based in Gurnsey and operate out of out of their Airsoft site out there so they dont have some of the space that other companys have

I'm confused by what Novat say on their homepage. I get the "no shipping or VAT" thing, but if I ordered from them to England, would I be charged import? I'm only after getting a sight and a hi cap mag, would it work out better for me to just order from somewhere in the UK?

Also, I need a new battery, but I have no clue what I'm looking for, what's a good one or whatever. The one I have at the mo is Gold/Golden Eagle (can't remember) and it's like 4 AA batteries stacked two wide and two high in a square, with one horizontal across the top.

Cheers

EDIT:

Also, in terms of sights, was looking at these two on Airsoft World, a RDS and a holo sight, £1 difference...what is the actual difference between the two? My friend told me the red dot moves a little when you move, where as the holo stays dead centre? I like the look of the holo more, but would it be better to fork out more money for a better one?

Red dot sight

Holo sight

• Supporters

here is where my extensive knowledge of sights comes in again :D

both work on the principal that you KEEP BOTH EYES OPEN and simply raise the gun so it looks like there is a red dot on your target (if its been zero'd in). this makes target requisition almost instant after some practice.

you can move your head around and the dot will appear to move around the lense on both. if you can see the dot, you will fire where the dot is.

I would opt for the Holo as they perform the same, work in the same way, battery life will be almost the same. difference is the holo is lighter and looks cooler. also, you can choose from one of 4 different reticle styles.

and NOVAT dont charge ANY delievery. You pay for the mag and the holosight and that is it.

you do need paypal though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived