Worst sports or airsoft injury

joshcowin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi i wanted to know whats you worst sports or airsoft injury

Mines yesturday when i was cycling back from my girlfriends house and i was holding my hoody when it went into the front wheel and i went over the handlebars at 30mph,landed on my face and scraped along the road.stood up and felt a numb face

And looked down and there was blood dripping of my face.cant remeber much else as i was in and out of consiouness.had 5 x-rays.so all in all i have a broken nose,fractured wrist,4 stiches an a slight skin graft,3 bent teeth,1 chipped tooth so i have had to have a top brace,and grazes.all that and im still going the weekender just have to wear a gumshield.

• Supporters

I came off my bike once and grazed my elbows down to the bone, my jawbone got bloody and I got a poking just above the kidney from a twisted bike spoke :D

Much like you, get up, feel confused, see blood, lots of it, then kinda fuzzy!

• Supporters

I can't decide who wins...

I think being stabbed by a bike spoke has got to be worse than breaking a bone, though I've never been stabbed, or broken a bone...

I think it sounds like you were both immensely lucky to survive, either way.

My worst is a bike injury too. I was riding my BMX across a muddy field that had a long concrete ramp/slope at the end of it, once I got to the bottom of the ramp and tried to turn, the mud on my tire just caused the front wheel to slip so the bike fell sideways with me under it and I slid on my right side about 6 or 7 metres.

Ended up with my right arm, hip and ankle scraped right down, almost to the bone on my ankle, not so bad in comparison to the above with regard to my arm or hip, but still bad none the less.

I stood up afterwards and felt fine, I was obviously aware of what had just happened and I remember thinking, "I'm surprised I'm not in more pain" I walked back to my bike, stood it up and then sat down on it and the next thing I remember was adding a bloody lip to the list of injuries because I passed out from shock and concussed myself on the rim of the front wheel lol.

Still got all the scars and it happened the day before Valentines day in 2008. I vividly remember trying to peel the bandages off my arm to replace them numerous times over the following week, which was agonising every time because I had plasma leaking out of my arm the whole time, which sort of glued the bandages to me. So it was like ripping off world's most enormous scab every time I had to swap it over...

I also remember it sanding one side of my phone down so that it was perfectly flat and smooth, through the lining of my pocket lol.

Came off my old kx100 years ago going over a jump. Over jumped it, landed in a tree, fell out of sed tree onto some rubble which was that re-enforced concrete stuff with the steel bars going through it. The bar went through the back of my helmet and just cut into the back of my head slightly. I didn't realise what I'd landed on but I thought I was paralysed because I couldn't pick my head up because of the steel bar in my helmet. After I got yanked off it I took the Helmet off any there was just a tiny pin prick in the back of my head. Was very lucky although I didn't escape some bruised ribs. Airsoft wise that Spanish/Italian guy who fell off a 2 story roof is the clear winner

I'm not sure who wins either. Ive never really been seriously injured doing stuff... Im a careful man. Although I can think of three occasions that were painful for me all to do with my bike. Starting in chronological order

1) I was cycling home as a kid (no more that 8 years old I think... hard to remember) when I cycled too close to the wall. It was a brick wall and not the nice kind. It was very jagged and rippled. Like it had a texture. My right pinky was over the side of the handle at the time and the wall tore off a chunk of skin from there. Fell off my bike, ran home and put my hand in cold water only to watch the sink turn red... Then I screamed for mum XD

2) I was cycling home at about 13 or 14. I live in a village which has a very dangerous main road going through it. I was silly and just cycled out into this road as I couldnt hear anything. Time slowed down as I saw a van to my right. I peddled faster and only just made it out... Kinda. Van hit my back wheel at full speed. I went flying, double flipped and twisted in the air and bashed by brain on the curb. I got up with a headache and minor scrapes. I then walked my wonky bike home.

3) Not very long after the last. I was about 15 and I liked to BMX in this forest area with my friends. Setting up ramps and that sort of thing. One day I was going down a steep part of the forest. The angle must have been at least 50 or 60 degrees. I bounced on a tree root on the way down which launched me into the air. I landed neck first at the bottom and the bike whacked me on the side for good measure.

The second and third I am surprised I was not seriously injured as those are the things you hear people going into hospital for. I shrugged them off and bandaged myself up where need be haha. Since then I've been pretty careful :)

bikes are not good. lol mine was when i was about 11. on my bmx doing the stunts as you do and jumped of a ramp and tryed to twist the handle bars 360 and didnt get all the way. landed the bike and had the handle stab me in the groin. smashed up my face and broke my arm. had to have surgery on my stab to repair what was damged and have it stiched up.. scar for life that is lol

had a rental shoot my front teeth out after i told him to clear his gun

Not really had much sports injurys.

Got stamped on during rugby in the inner thigh, but only noticed when we got back into the changing rooms and my friend told me my leg was bleeding... alot! Stud had gone 2" into my leg and left a reasonably large hole :P

Also broke my left index finger a couple of times from rugby. Sticks out much more compared to my right hand :P

Worst (non sporting) injury goes to my bike crash though. Filtering through stationary traffic, lots of room given between cars, lights on and other side of the road is clear. Guy decides he doesn't want to wait in the long traffic so does a instant U-turn without looking or indicating. At that point I was a couple of car lengths back so as he got 90 degrees I slammed straight into the side of him. Was doing about 20-30mph.

Nice dent in his car, Huge damages to my bike.

My back was pretty bad, sprained my ankle, along with huge amounts of whiplash (none of this bullshit whiplash people claim nowadays from a 5mph car crash). Back has still never recovered properly. Lost a fair few pounds in shoulder/neck/back muscle as well due to the injury.

• Supporters

I manage to never get injured despite some serious fails.

most recent one climbing:

Just placed a piece of gear and it came out the rockface.

I started to fall, hit my head on the rope, arm on the rope for some loooovely ropeburn, then hit my head on the rock as I was passing the next piece of gear down.

That piece just about caught me.

Landed VERY close to the floor. bacwards. obvisouly I'd tensed a bit, I relaxed my arms and my elbows could reach the floor - I was maybe 2-3" high and on my back, If I HADN'T hit several things and knocked me over on the way down I'd have landed ankle first after about a 5Meter fall.

somehow there was slack in the rope, belayer delay time, rope stretch and the rope between the last gear to hold and myself and I landed 3" from the floor. That was a close one!

walked away with a large burn-scar on my arm (still there after 3-4 months) and a small cut on my forehead.

Still, it makes a great war-story!

• Supporters

The "Rock-climby" part of your name isn't built on sheer randomness then haha.

not a sport injury exactly but if anyone on here is a chef they will know we all end up cutting our self constantly, my hands under uv lights look terrible! the worst one was being impatient trying to get into a cardboard box, took a nice big swing with steak knife in hand and put it straight through the skin between your thumb and finger. got rest of the day off though after screaming and running round the kitchen bleeding into various sinks.

sports injurys, hairline fracture on my tailbone, couldnt walk for two weeks. that was skateboarding, i tore the tendons at the back of my ankle and was on crutches for ages, again skateboarding. decided to move onto a sport where the board is attatched to your feet and on snow. its nice and lovely and soft, managed to catch an edge, not remember much. came too cold and blind (helmet covered my eyes) no gloves snow all over me and my kneecap at a funny angle. it was popped back into place i sat on my board and skidded 50 yards to the lifts and was laid up for quite a while, thats never recovered fully still hurts whenever i knock it

• Supporters

PFFFFt Pansy's

(Sport Related)

Broke my Left Arm when i was Rappeling when they Say Death Grip apaarently they mean it i actually managed to wrap my wrist up in the rope and ended up dangling 5 metre's from the bottom and 10 - 20 from the top.

(Airsoft)

Training With my Previous Team in Full Gear we were climbing a 30 metre high rock face with little rope useage (i think it's called FreeClimbing?) i lost Patience and proceeded off the Path our only actual know's what he is doing climber was laying out and Stormed up the right side to get level with him at about 20 metre's and lose my grip on one of the holding's i had and panicked into wacking my head on the rockface and went unconcious from the force off it too which i lost all grip and fell backward's into the river just below us and Managed to survive it because well i dunno But Miracle Seems to work Well

(Bike)

I was Riding my Mountain Bike when i was 15 i think and got hit by an Oncoming Car on a quiet Backroad and SCraped my Elbow too the bone didn't go to hospital for that though as my sister was at home and is a TrainedNurse so BOOYAH!

(Most HorriFic)

I was on a SkateBoard up top a concrete Hill leading onto a Road with only a Few Bar's to stop you going into the road at about waist and Chest height my friend's were saying how they laid down on their skateboard's and just rolled down and stopped at the Bar's me being me i was like well if they can i HAVE so i laid down on one and instead of using my feet to slow me down i used my finger tip's Flesh + Concrete = Messy

• Supporters

How'd you manage to do that?

Driving back on my motorbike my wheel bearings went in the rear wheel, locked it up around a corner @40mph and put me into a lampost - bounced off that in to a wooden fence, through that into a brick wall. Broken tibia and fibia in 3 places straight through. Lost skin on my arm. Died at the scene.

1 year later till i was out of a full leg pot & 4 months learning to walk and rebuild my leg...

Skin all healed and a major thankyou to all at Harrogate Hospital & the ambulance crew that brought me back im now alive and kicking :)

By far my worst!!

But pretty much on par with being shot on the end of the finger in CQB haha

How'd you manage to do that?

i was only 8 - 9 years old, dont really know what happened, but i fell on this baby gate, the metal ring had no rubber cover.

I've also lost all the skin off my right knee & had a stone stuck in my left knee from falling off my bike.

Had some pretty nasty (and stupid) injuries (cooking, art, metal work), but the only sports related ones I can think of -

Horse riding. In a career which lasted 13 years (have since stopped) I've only fallen off twice.

First time - horse got spooked at something ridiculous (small, insignificant), and reared up. I didn't quite fall off, my left ankle was stuck in the stirrup, and I was dragged for a good 20 meters. Bear in mind I was about 6, so pretty small and didn't quite reach the ground whilst I was dangling off the horse. Pretty badly hurt my back.

Second time - it was a "proper" fall, in that I was thrown through the air. Landed - wasn't too bad. Horse then stood on my left ankle. As I didn't get it checked out - assuming it was a simple twist/sprain (stupid I know), so I don't know how badly I damaged it - all I do know is that my left ankle is incredibly weak now, and I pretty often fall over on it. (It literally goes weak and flops over)

On top of that, I've been kicked in the arse by a horse too :lol: Perhaps a good thing I quit when I did.

When I was 4, I got flipped over my bike's handle bars on a hill, slid down the grit road. gave myself a pretty impressive banana shaped scar on my from left shoulder to my right hip which has mostly disappeared (sadly, I enjoyed saying I earnt it in a pirate fight...)

Not sport related, but around 2 years ago i was eating a mars bar when i tripped on a tree root. it jerked me forward and a bit a hole pretty much the whole way through my tongue, must have been about 3mm of tongue left then i would have bitten all the way through. I had never seen so much blood, although it healed very quickly. Lets just say i have never eaten a mars bar since :D

• Supporters

About two years ago i was t-boned on my zx6r by a car,crushed my leg between the car and the bike gave me a compound fracture of the tibia but also broke my fibia as i was sliding aross the floor my trainer came off (wearing trainers on a bike is a dickish thing to do by the way) ripped my big toe nearly completely off,broke my foot in two over the broad part and i also had very deep gravel burns on the same leg and i now i nerve damage on the front of my leg so i have no feeling what so ever on the front part :)

still got the bar in my leg now

i'll post a x-ray pic but no gore because of the kids that use the site you can see about 3 quters of the way down the bone thers a V shape on the bone thats the break :)

110.jpg

• Supporters

Christ on a bike, I think you win.

i dont think this counts as a sport injury but while on my third parachute jump i broke my right leg right foot cracked 3 ribs broke another dislocated my right shoulder broke 2 fingers on my right hand and had a lot of muscle damage to my right side on the plus part i found a penny in the hospital B)

Archived