Web-Tex SA-80 sling

Hubert
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

First off, I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the 'general problems' section. If its in the wrong place, please move it.

So, I have the Web-Tex SA-80 sling (3 point), and an R85 - how do I fit the two together? Because I can't seem to do it.

I can't find any instructions or videos. I have found pictures - but they've been somewhat vague. Does anyone have any instructions? Clear pictures would be of help.

Thanks in advance,

Hubert.

I have put a MOD 3-Point sling on a real steel before if that is the same??

And its more off a show you how to do it then anything

I think they're the same, so if you could show me or tell me how that would be brilliant.

Web-Tex is the 3point sling the MoD uses, and the R85 is almost identical to the real steel version.

Ok, I can't upload my own photos as my camera isn't working.

however, this is a link to a picture of the sling:

web-tex Sa80 sling

The R85? The sling mounts are exactly the same as the real thing - the sliding one in the butplate and the one mounted in the handguard (that is screwed in place. Usually placed on the lefthand side)

G&G L85 (better version of AA's R85, which externally, is the same as the real steel)

Right this is a rough guide to put on a 3-point sling to a SA80

you take the long end and thread it through the fore sling swivle so the black buckle is laying across the forgrip like so

L85-A2Step1.jpg

Then thread the small end through the black bracket near the buckle then through the buckle

Then take the small end and thread it though the lock buckle on the long end of the sling and adjust to fit

If you have done it right (and i have got it right :) ) you should be able to undo the sling buckle and it should not dethread

Instead it should tighten around your armpit/sholder and it still should be attached to the rifle

Hope i explaned it simpley because this is the most complex sling the MOD has made (thanks MOD)

Thanks

Jack

Gentlemen, I give you my thanks :D

It took a while - I tried putting it on upside down. The backwards. Then I also realised that the buckle was fastened the upside down. But, I've got it done.

Thanks again :)

(and I'm setting this as one of my internet favourites, just in case I need it again)

(Why the hell did is this one of the most complex slings around? Whats wrong with clips? :lol: )

Dave...we'll see. We'll see :P

Ok Dave, you can play with the sling.

I'll put the R85 away whilst I play with your dragunov...

:lol:

Archived