Where to buy BB's (and which BB's to buy)

ScoobySnacks
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As the title really. Where do people get their ammunition from? Is it worth buying online?

Which brands of BB are the best? I'd guess that buying on price isn't the best approach, although if there are good, cheap bb's available then I'd be interested to know.

I'm thinking of running .25, maybe even .30, in my CA MP5. Is there anywhere I can get hold of a handful of each weight, to see which is the most accurate, before I buy thousands of them? Don't really want to get left with thousands of BB's of different weights that I'll never use.

• Supporters

I buy at my local site (Fire Support) to save on postage costs. I always use 0.25g Excel BBs in my M16 and Glock 17. I use Guarder .40g BBs in my sniper.

Best chance at getting a handful of each is to borrow from someone at your local site.

I would say that .30g will be too heavy for an AEG. I know they are in my M16, and .20g is too light for it. .25g is in the middle and shoot nicely with good range and accuracy.

Archived