Is this Illigal, or not?

Brooksey1211
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi again

At my recent skirmish my two tone ak could of been noticed a mile away thanks to its bright green paintjob, but can i camo tape all of it or do i have keep some of it green.i was thinking the grip and the upper reciever but keeping the barrel, gas tube and front sight green

• Supporters

you are allowed to. the site won't mind and once you are there a police raid (as if that would happen anyway. I can't imagine the site owners would not inform police of it) would not go for someone who has a green gun.

What I do is Tape my guns at home, to make sure I have enough tape, then remove it untill you are at a skirmish.

EDIT: after reading that, I think the easiest thing to say is YES you CAN do it, just be sensible about it and don't use black tape.

I think what memcwho is tring to say is yes its ok as long as its done at the site and only at the site

Take it off when you go home and keep it off until you get back with-in the site.......... the camo tape that is.....................

Thanks

Jack

you are allowed to. the site won't mind and once you are there a police raid (as if that would happen anyway. I can't imagine the site owners would not inform police of it) would not go for someone who has a green gun.

What I do is Tape my guns at home, to make sure I have enough tape, then remove it untill you are at a skirmish.

EDIT: after reading that, I think the easiest thing to say is YES you CAN do it, just be sensible about it and don't use black tape.

hi

why not black tape (just curious)

thanx

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

apparently theres nothing in the law that says you cant just spray the gun black/rif colours. The whole 2 tone thing is apparently somthing manufactures and sellers did to cover their backs from the vcra so, yeah just spray it real colours i guess.

when it come to what paint to use, krylons pretty good stuff, but youll need to use a scratch pad on the part you want to spray 1st, so the paint doesnt just rub off :)

apparently theres nothing in the law that says you cant just spray the gun black/rif colours. The whole 2 tone thing is apparently somthing manufactures and sellers did to cover their backs from the vcra so, yeah just spray it real colours i guess.

when it come to what paint to use, krylons pretty good stuff, but youll need to use a scratch pad on the part you want to spray 1st, so the paint doesnt just rub off :)

I dunno what you have been reading but the is a majour NO NO

Changeing the colour of a 2 tone to make it look more reolistic is seen as manufacturing a RiF which is illegal unless you have a defence

And "the wohle 2 tone thing" is so that it dosnt look realistic so a cop with a real steel MP5 dosnt think you are a threat and shoot you

If you have been doing this i would recomend you get rid of them or get a defence sharpish

Thanks

Jack

ive got my ukara so i dont bother with two tones. i was under the impression that even two toned they were still considered rif's

• Supporters
ive got my ukara so i dont bother with two tones. i was under the impression that even two toned they were still considered rif's

half and half, aren't law officers using bright blue weapons for training / blank fire weapons?

• Supporters
nor are they walking round the streets with real steel ones anyway ;) at least not where i live.

depends where you look matt :P

Archived