ICS L85A2

Airsoft-Ed

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Including magazines and batteries and still discounting postage we're talking well, well over a grand. I just spent £120 on a mere 6 Emags...

I think I have some sort of economic, financial disease.

• Supporters

You can all thank me later lol.

• Supporters

I thought I'd gone nuts when I bought Agnes!

• Supporters
I thought I'd gone nuts when I bought Agnes!

I accepted the fact that I was nuts a long time ago lol, I think I have a financial illness. Kinda like a heroin addict, but my drug is airsofting.

When you're a student with a ton of dosh to spend on nothing, this seems like a far more worthy cause than a massive amount of alcohol... =/

At least with this I have something to show for my money, as well as the memories of spending it haha.

• Supporters

Yeah, I spanked my overdraft & several credit cards on sound recording equipment & computer stuff when I was @uni. Still got most of it so twas money well spent. Still paying off some of the debts too :lol:

• Supporters

Just thought I'd add that photos of this with all the external gear attached to it are now in the gun picture thread on page 44.

Once I've got all the internal wiring and stuff sorted out over the next week or so, photos will be getting added here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
This is probably the best written review I have seen

Sorry for the sort of necro!

Look forward to the next one!!

I would consider myself a self appointed ICS L85 guru, so if anyone has any questions about it PM me and I'll be happy to help.

When you're a student with a ton of dosh to spend on nothing, this seems like a far more worthy cause than a massive amount of alcohol... =/

Wait...student...lots of money?

• Supporters

Well, most students are only poor because they go out boozing every bloody night. I can't stand clubs, or the people who go to them, or the feeling you wake up with the next morning after going to one.

So instead of wasting money on having a "good time" I spend it all on airsofting, I've got a lot more to show for it than all my alcoholic mates.

• 1 month later...
Well, most students are only poor because they go out boozing every bloody night. I can't stand clubs, or the people who go to them, or the feeling you wake up with the next morning after going to one.

So instead of wasting money on having a "good time" I spend it all on airsofting, I've got a lot more to show for it than all my alcoholic mates.

good on you man.

• 1 month later...

Hi Ed, I'm looking to get an L85 of some description, would you say the ICS is the best choice on the market? Also, is £295 a good price for an ICS L85A2 brand new?

• Supporters

I would say yes to both.

I've had mine for just under a year and it's the only gun I've used since, if I'd had anything else I'd have probably bought and sold about 5 guns in that time.

ICS is without a shadow of a doubt the best L85 on the market, in my mind.

I bought mine for £320 so £295 is very good.

I think the cheapest I've seen them is £290 which I THINK was on Fire-Support, but I might be wrong.

If you do get one then Fire Support is the best place to look for internal parts, they sell more or less every component.

• Supporters

Good choice!

You know who to come to if you need any help with it :)

There's Finius too, in case I'm not around for whatever reason.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Just added another update, as well as some comparison photos.

Quite pleasingly, my L85 actually came up in the first 5 photos on Google images search - "L85 Afghanistan" :P

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

I Can now also add that the ICS L85 is a Great Rifle (Owning 2 at the same time :-D) The Plastic is Of Amazing Quality (Strongest Plastic i've come against yet including Car Plastic's!, Feel's on Par with my RS Magpul E-Mag and they can take a car going over them!)

• 2 months later...
  • Supporters

No...? I wasn't, and never will be selling it. This is the review section...

Just updated it again by the way, dated the update at the bottom of the initial post.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.