SVD stock on a AK???

Brooksey1211
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi

i had taken my foldinng stock of my JG ak tactical and thanks to my incopitence there is no way of putting a stock back on it again without modifying the reciever but i have a brainwave, the grip is easy to take off(just 1 screw). Could it be possible to fit a svd style stock on a ak, cos i am pretty sure it has been done before.

Thanks

It is doable sure but you need to find an AEG SVD stock. I have only seen the Kingarms and A&K SVD kits that only fit SVD's. How ever I don't know if it will look any good as a tactical AK should really have a folding stock. But it is your gun so you can do what you want with it.

Thanks guys :) but r u sure that it will fit a JG ak folding stock or any other folding stock ak(if the motor cage is the same) cos i dont want 2 spend a lot of money for it 2 not fit.

Ok i ordered the AK SVD wood conversion kit from action hobbies, it was not as easy 2 fit as i thought it would be cos i had 2 saw a couple of bits of the stock so it will fit, but be very careful if it is wood cos it is very brittle and i found that i just had to snap bits off.Anyway after that it slid over the motor cage, the only problem is that the screw could not fit in afterwards but no worries because it is a tight fit so it is not going 2 come off easily.I am not going 2 do someting about that cos i wanna be able 2 take it off and use my normal grip if im doing cqb.

Advantages:

It does not look as stupid as it sounds it actually looks quite awesome

Possibly the only way of putting a stock on a folding stock ak47 without modifying the receiver or using industrial strength super glue :lol:

feels comfortable 2 hold ( i Have quite big hands tho)

Disadvantages:

Not universal i mean it might not fit all aks, u will have 2 modify the stock

May not be a tight fit 4 all aks

I will try 2 get some pics of it 4 wen i find my camera

Archived