23rd of June

mitchski
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My first time at this site, but certainly nor my first time playing Airsoft. Just though I drop my thoughts down about the day.

The main thing I can say about this place is that it's a paintball site. 2 weeks ago I would have run a mile or said I'll never play on a paintball site, but after a day at skirmish, I have to hold my hands up and say I enjoyed, and being on a paintball site added to the day instead of taking anything away from it.

We all know paintball is a multi million pound business in this country, run proffesionally and effeciently with a massive empthasise on customer service, Skirmish Airsoft has brought that ethos to site. This is something that after over a decade of playing airsoft all over the UK a lot of airsoft sites in this country could learn from. Top class staff who make they purpose to make every one feel welcome and get value for money.

The safezone and facilities are just top notch, there about notihng it you could pick faults with about the facilities. Just excellent.

The games where adapted brilliantly to meet the needs of the players and use the arena's, its not my usual style of play by a long shot ( I like long tactical games, with lots of sneaking around and the odd fire fight, i'm a little mil simmy to say the least) The games where very intense, loads of fire fights and at times pretty close quarters with defined close boundry limits. If i had known this before I went I most proberbly wouldn't have gone AND that would really have been my lose, I actually really enjoyed the change a lot more than I would have ever thought.

The only down side to the day was getting a burst from a hire gun full in the face at about 2 to 3 feet, leaving to beautiful bleeders, and when I came to clean them up finding two bits of a broken BB stuck in my cheek (looks like a trip to NHS direct in the morning as looks like it might have chipped my cheek bone of there is still a bit of the BB left in my face).

A lot of people might think the kid (who it looked like to me was his first or second time ever playing) who shot me should have been more careful or looked where he was shooting and all that rubbish. THE ONLY PERSON at fault for my bleeders is ME ! Dont want to get hit in the face, where a full face mask then, I choose to wear glasses so I can't complain when I get shot in the face.

Other than I will be back sometime soon and I'll bring some mates with me next time, I would certainly recommend this site to any player.

Oh and top class playing to the kid that bang killed me in the tank game, glad that didn't happen at my site I'd never live it down.

Cheers for a great day.

Archived