MOLLE gear

The Leprechaun!
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm thinking of getting some MOLLE (MOdular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment) in the near future, but as it is my first time buying this type of gear i have no idea about what to get, what not to get, whats good gear ect.

Any ideas or tips on either what to buy or load outs would be greatly appreciated! :)

It depends of the playering style and the type of games you play if you give me some more information like that i wil be able to recomend a rig for you but till then one can only guess

And BTW it ant going to be cheap.....

Unless you buy second hand from some one who has far to much :) Not that I am selling any or anything.

• Supporters

Mostly woodland, some CQB when we can get to sites. mostly smaller games.

stanag mags and 4MP5 ones.

usually tactically assault (not charging headlong into fire, but not sniping either)

I THINK he wants a fairly basic rig to add to later

(best mate btw, thats how i know)

I recommend a Vest then like THIS becuase its a comfy platform and its in the middle for CQB and Woodland use.

If you play more Woodland then CQB i would recommend you use open MAG Pouches Like THIS Keeps the dirt out when playing which is essential in real world opperations but not much in the airsoft world can help though :)

If you play CQB i recommend you have open mag pouches like THESE because in CQB a split second reload time could win the match and you arnt rolling around in dirt

But it is up to user prefrence i run a Plate Carrier THIS ONE Because i like the all round MOLLE Loops which is key to me cause i am a "bring everything with me on the battlefield" type of guy

But I recon MOLLE is definatly the way its so versitile and user friendly. Because i am a lefty the fixed pouch vests i have tried are awkward for me becuase the mag pouches are on the same side of my trigger hand (when it should be on the opposite side).

With a MOLLE if i feel like a "carry it all" day i will stick on all my utillity pouches and MOLLE Bag. But if i want to do suicided runs i will take everything off and just put the basics on,

Buts its down to you :D

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers thats been really helpful :) and that site and the examples have given me a lot to ponder over, thanks!

(sorry i took me a while to reply btw, internet has been dodgey)

Archived