G&G Kar98

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Not sure if this is actually new or not, but I've never heard of any other rifles working in the way this does and using CO2.

Is it sold in the UK? I might consider getting one as a CO2 sniper if the price is right, although I've never seen any 8g CO2 capsules anywhere, ever.

Seriously though, I want it now!

sold in the uk, airsoft world stock it.

i'd avoid it, there are two mag types, 500 fps, and 350 fps. neither of which are accurate, the 500 is more like 550 and 350 about 400. wood work looks cheap and tacky, more plastic than wood looking. its a real shame i had high hopes for it and was waiting for reviews but the ww2 forums have been quite critical about it. plus for the price you could pick up a second hand tanaka

• Supporters
sold in the uk, airsoft world stock it.

i'd avoid it, there are two mag types, 500 fps, and 350 fps. neither of which are accurate, the 500 is more like 550 and 350 about 400. wood work looks cheap and tacky, more plastic than wood looking. its a real shame i had high hopes for it and was waiting for reviews but the ww2 forums have been quite critical about it. plus for the price you could pick up a second hand tanaka

There doesn't really seem to be all that much to go wrong with the CO2 one. If it can take a scope I'd be tempted to buy it as a sniper, even though it does totally fail to match the era of every other gun I have.

I agree with you about the wood though, I had a faff with one at the arms fair a few weeks ago and I actually thought it was plastic until I saw the inside edge where it'd been cut to size, it's terrible stuff.

There doesn't really seem to be all that much to go wrong with the CO2 one. If it can take a scope I'd be tempted to buy it as a sniper, even though it does totally fail to match the era of every other gun I have.

I agree with you about the wood though, I had a faff with one at the arms fair a few weeks ago and I actually thought it was plastic until I saw the inside edge where it'd been cut to size, it's terrible stuff.

The main probelm is the consitancey. The FPS can go up and down by up to 30FPS as unlike most CO2 guns the CO2 goes straight into the barrel were normally they go into a secondary chamber to 'settle down'.

• Supporters

Secondary chamber? Never heard of that before.

I can understand how that would cause issues though, you'd need a very consistent hammer spring and valve spring to get the same amount of gas released every time.

Secondary chamber? Never heard of that before.

I can understand how that would cause issues though, you'd need a very consistent hammer spring and valve spring to get the same amount of gas released every time.

It may not seem obvious but they do, regular gas rifles dont have that problem but CO2 does hence why CO2 paintball guns are so consitant.

• Supporters

...... there are no secondary chambers. it would be clever (altough hard to impliment) but to my knowledge that isn't a thing.

anyway KAR - had a play with one the other day. Nice rifle, really solid.

Don't like the wood. Yeah, it's real, but it still looks plasticy shite. it doesn't even look like you could rough it up very well.

Far too inconsistent and the mags are of little to no use in their performance (330 and 550 on a bolty? good luck with that.)

Certainly wouldn't skirmish with it. Wouldn't have it as a collectors piece as it looks like a (cheap) toy.

...... there are no secondary chambers. it would be clever (altough hard to impliment) but to my knowledge that isn't a thing.

anyway KAR - had a play with one the other day. Nice rifle, really solid.

Don't like the wood. Yeah, it's real, but it still looks plasticy shite. it doesn't even look like you could rough it up very well.

Far too inconsistent and the mags are of little to no use in their performance (330 and 550 on a bolty? good luck with that.)

Certainly wouldn't skirmish with it. Wouldn't have it as a collectors piece as it looks like a (cheap) toy.

Thats strange then. I was talking to a guy on arnies about it and he said it is quite common, Maybe he was talking about classic airsoft but we were on the subject of the K98

Archived