Advice on first gun

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All

I am very new to airsoft (attended my first game last week end..OMG!!! it wag amazing fun) and am starting to look around for my first gun and build my shopping list ready for whan i have my stamps. I have decide on the look/loadout i want and am looking for delta force (black hawk down) and came accross This

I was wondering if any of you have used this gun and what you think or if you can think of an alternative/better M733

Many thanks

John

Hi All

I am very new to airsoft (attended my first game last week end..OMG!!! it wag amazing fun) and am starting to look around for my first gun and build my shopping list ready for whan i have my stamps. I have decide on the look/loadout i want and am looking for delta force (black hawk down) and came accross This

I was wondering if any of you have used this gun and what you think or if you can think of an alternative/better M733

Many thanks

John

hi and welcome, why dont you try having a look for a used one first. Then you can have a play around with it without worrying tooooo much if its going to break etc..

Then once you know your going to stick with the sport and then look to what you REALLY want.

G&P are a good make and if you can afford it then go for it. if not i have the Jing Gong version and while not being to the same high standard as the G&P the JG is cheaper and is by no means a bad rifle ive had it a while now and it hasnt let me down in either snow or heavy rain heres mine in a gary gorden style ( i know the pattern isnt the same but its passable)

IMAG0058.jpg

Hi All

Many thanks

John

If ur gonna spend that much on a standard looking m4 carbine - at least get a blowback one - id get this...

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatal...r_top_tech.html

It's G&G top tech range with blowback...

Personally I wouldn't get the standard looking m4's but it's personal preference..

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatal...w_back_CM_.html

Or

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatal...fle_m4_gun.html

Both are great guns and they look better and a lot cheaper - great for beginners and a lot of veterans use these as backups as there cheap and offer amazing performance for the cost...

Liam

• Supporters

Well, TBF it's a good film, but there are a couple of things you might want to think about in choosing that style loadout -

The gear you'll need for the look is recent and sought after - it's far from cheap.

Assuming you get your AR15 variant, you'll be looking round the safe zone while everyone's gearing up and guess what? So does every other Tom, Dick and Harriet...

• Supporters

erm actually not everyone has an M733

i recommend getting the BHD Gear But Using this Rifle: http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatal...t_machine_.html

until you have a UKARA then go and buy it and you will be happyier you did trust me you`ll have a decent back-up especially if you do upgrade`s to it aswell and keep it looking Stock everything will basically still fit the M733 you`ll buy at the end of your Journey!

• Supporters

M733, M4, M16... whatever, bored :P

• Supporters
I'm offended but then again i do see how you made the mistaje Mr AK lol

No mistake, I fully realise there are microscopic differences between AR15 variants - I just don't like any of 'em :lol:

• Supporters

Oh I've seen this "chase me, chase me" malarky before... ;)

• Supporters
Why not? all fun and game`s isn`t it? ;)

Tis... but it's not helping the geezer choose a gun, eh? :lol:

• Supporters

No it`s not but everyone should just buy AR`s as their so much more awesome and Customisable plus part`s are cheaper!

• Supporters

And those people will make great targets fiddling about with their mag release and getting new mags in...

While us AK fiends, or H&K lovers, just clatter them out and a new one in and carry on shooting...

You can customise a turd all you like - it still stinks! :D

• Supporters

I haven't mentioned winding, although since you brought it up, AK & G36 mags. are easier to wind. I'm on about how annoying & fiddly the mag release mechanism on AR15 variants is compared to that of AKs & Heckler & Koch guns. Plus how the mag actually fits in - on an AK or H&K it hooks on and clicks in: no ambiguity, no fiddling about. On AR15 variants you have to slot it in - if its a loose fit it doesn't always engage the catch or the bottom of the hop unit, but if its tight it doesn't slide all the way to the top smoothly at all! Some mags fit each gun better than others - an AK mag fits all of them.

And that's ignoring how poxy the fire selector switch is or how badly placed...

• Supporters

Whhhaaaatttt? The AR15 design is far more user friendly than the AK, everything's perfectly within reach, you could operate it with one hand.

Mag release and fire selector are perfectly within reach of your trigger hand, unless you're left handed. Mag changes are a doddle as the mags drop out under their own weight, you don't need to hold the mag to take it out, you can be holding the next mag, drop the current mag out, slap the new one in...

AR15 variants are just better lol.

The AK release is more fiddly, requires more effort, the fire selector is a massive pain in the arse, it's not easily within reach, the bolt has no lock/release function meaning you have to reach across it to cock it when reloading which you don't need to do for the M4 etc etc.

Obviously some of those points are only applicable to the real steel rifles, but since we're debating which is best it seems to make sense to talk about the actual guns as much as the airsoft versions.

I do like the look and feel of AKs though, and hooking the mags in is pretty satisfying, but I do prefer the AR variants. Though I prefer the L85 over them... Even though that's just as awkward to use as the AK series, so I should probably just shut up lol.

you forgot to mention the annoying shape and length of the ak mags.. lol

i personaly like a plain hand guard of the m4/m16 etc not a huge fan or rails, they have there place if you need to attach a torch etc but looks wise you can keep them lol.

to the OP dont worry about what others think of your gun alot of people will bang on about what you should or shouldnt get online but come game day the other players wont even bat an eyelid at what you are useing even if it does happen to be one of the most popular style of guns

• Supporters

Well Ed, I'm talking about my experience. Yes I have to stretch my forefinger to use the AK's fire selector, but it doesn't get interfered with by the position of a 3-point sling. The H&K fire selector doesn't seem to either, even though it's in a similar position, but its all round more chunky than the AR15 variants' anyway which I prefer. As for the real steel, the only military rifle I've ever fired is a Lee Enfield .303 and the best thing I can say about that is that if you ever needed to hold a Highland Games, to settle a bet say, it'd do for a kaber!

I reckon lemon has it right, in advising he go with what he likes, but John did ask for our opinions...

i reckon lemon has it right, in advising he go with what he likes, but John did ask for our opinions...

i wasnt suggesting you shouldnt give it your welcome to have/voice whatever opinion you desire, i was just saying that the gear/guns we have play a big part in forums when it comes to real life no one really takes much attention unless you have a rare/unusual/expensive gun/equipment. i wasnt meaning to offend anyone.

• Supporters

I'm not offended mate!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys

Sorry it took a while for me to reply and thanks for all the advice.

After looking around i fell in love with Magpul stuff so took the plunge and got this;

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

G&P magpul moe cqb

G&P stock 8mm gearbox

G&P m120 motor

ris gas block

ACS stock

Madbull tightbore into troy silencer

• Supporters

As M4s go, it sounds like a good one. The trades look the part for sure. Are you using the Troy as a barrel extension?

As M4s go, it sounds like a good one. The trades look the part for sure. Are you using the Troy as a barrel extension?

Yeah, it has a longer tightbore barrel into the troy

Archived