Trigger Happy M240

Black Fox
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello Gents

Greetings from California.

I've joined your forum in search of other fellow owners of Trigger Happy M240.

Information about this gun are scarce and get replacement parts are about nil. If there are any TH M240 owner here in the U.K.. I'd like you to share your experience about your gun and any replacement parts you have been able to find. Particularly the ammo box. If you know where I can get one, please let me know.

Because of the lack of info about this gun. I wrote an extensive review. I attempted to place it in the review section but I couldn't handle the nearly 30 plus picture. And to post it with out them, it would be hard to follow. So please go to this link and check it out.

Trigger Happy M240 Reveiw <<<Click here.

Looking forward to your comments.

Thanks

P.S. A couple of pics from the review.

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

P.11Reno Desert

M240inthesnow.jpg

P.12 Ambush In The Snow

[/b]

DSC09779-1.jpg

P.18 M240 on my HMMWV

Looking forward to your comments.

Thanks

• Supporters

haven't seen this gun personally on the battlefield seen a lot of m249's though I'm guessing this is because of its weight and price to import to the UK as i hear it weighs a ton.

we also have a review section feel free to post your review in there ;)

haven't seen this gun personally on the battlefield seen a lot of m249's though I'm guessing this is because of its weight and price to import to the UK as i hear it weighs a ton.

In the review I wrote on the link I provided, you would have found that the gun weighs about the same as a Classic Army M249 - 16 lb. I have both guns. Oddly enough, the gun feels lighter than the M249. It might be because of the padded sling I use for the M240 which probably reduces fatigue.

By the way, here is a picture of my M249 Mk46 Long.

M249Mk46Long.jpg

Here is a size comparison.

DSC09170.jpg

we also have a review section feel free to post your review in there ;)

As I mentioned in my first post. I attempted to copy it in the review section but I couldn't handle the nearly 30 plus picture. And to post it with out them, it would be hard to follow. I will attempt to post a modified review later within the limitation of the review section.

However, my original goal is simply trying to find other people with the TH M240. In the U.S., replacement parts are almost nil. Which is the guns biggest drawback. I'm trying to find out if TH M240 owners here in the U.K. has the same problem getting parts for this gun or if they are more readily available.

have you looked to some of the china website for spares? it is quite a rare gun though

btw that m249 looks insane!

I've tried looking around the Chinese sites. What little I did find I posted on the review on the link at the top of the page. The only thing I found of any use so far is that VFC makes the gear box and the ammo box but not the support frame that attaches between the ammo box and the gun. I'm hoping someone here might have found something I missed. I'd really like to find the contact info to Trigger Happy themselves but no luck either.

By the way, thanks for the comment on the M249. It is a classic Army Mk-II that was converted into a Mk-46. The Mk-46 comes with a top and bottom rail and a short barrel. However, I prefer to have a long barrel on my SAWs for better range and accuracy. The colored hand rail covers are made by Magpul Magupul Rail Accessories They are pretty cheap, come in multiple colors and look nice. Below that is a Grip Pod. This is one of the best accessory purchases I've made in a while. With a push of a button bi-pod legs pop right out without even having to take your hand off the gun. To retract them, just push them back up inside. One point I would like to stress is that you get a real one if you can and not an airsoft knock-off. The airsoft ones break in a short period of time. If you do have a copy version, never let the legs pop out by themselves. They shoot out so fast and the plastic can't handle the repeated stress. Put your hand under the legs first then push the button and guide them out. With a real one, there is no issues. They are expensive but you can usually find them on eBay for half the price. I wrote a review on how to tell an airsoft knock-off from the real thing so you won't accidently buy the wrong one of get ripped-off. How to tell the difference between a real and a airsoft Grip Pod One of the crown jewels of my airsoft collection is the Elcan Specter Dr. 1x4 dot sight scope. The best thing about it is that you can go from a 1x to 4x zoom with just a flip of the switch but have all the functions of a dot sight. Elcan Specter Dr. However, these are not cheap. Let's just say they are in the same price range as a M240. However, I have seen airsoft version of these but they are just a dot sight.

• Supporters

the eclan looks nice. btw im not sure whether Inokatsu M240 parts are compatible as they do make an m240. shame really as the m240 is a nice gun just rare for parts :(

the eclan looks nice. btw im not sure whether Inokatsu M240 parts are compatible as they do make an m240. shame really as the m240 is a nice gun just rare for parts :(

I've only seen pictures of the Inokatsu M240. It seem that some parts might be compatible but it's just speculation until someone has personal experience in trying it. As far as the gear and ammo box goes, they are not compatible.

ARES are bringing out a M240B in the near(ish) future, hopefully with compatible parts.

I've heard that. Echo-1 was suppose to come out with one too but I think both of these have been put on hold since a couple of the manufactures got busted for selling airsoft in country. Word is that they are coming back on line but are trying to catch up on back-up orders first.

I'm hoping to get a GPMG/FN MAG/M240 from shoot and scoot when I can save up for it, not seen the ARES or TH ones, but the Inokatsu feels great, but costs a small fortune.

Archived