Very Intersted person with a few Questions,

JavaDeano
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

Im a 19 year old who has just discovered this amazing hobby!

When we were young my friends and i remember shooting cans with our daisy guns and playin in the woods with bb pistols, of course a cruel mixture of growing up and law changes ended these good times for years.

Now i feel is the time to get back into this!

Just a few questions,

Obviosuly im not registered with UKARA, Which means im limited to the Two-tone guns,

Will i be able to rent these from Game sites or do the only rent out RIF's? meaning i would have to supply my own,

I Live in Aberdeen and so my nearest sites are Dundee, ( CQB and The Hill ) i was hoping if anyone knew if they did Training or (Noob) days or something, or do we just get thrown in at the deep end?

And Finally, my friend owns some private woodland. Are we allowed to skirmish there, ( with two tone guns and the correct safety wear and equipment) or does it strictly have to be in certified locations?

Thanks all.

• Supporters
Hi All,

Im a 19 year old who has just discovered this amazing hobby!

When we were young my friends and i remember shooting cans with our daisy guns and playin in the woods with bb pistols, of course a cruel mixture of growing up and law changes ended these good times for years.

Now i feel is the time to get back into this!

Just a few questions,

Obviosuly im not registered with UKARA, Which means im limited to the Two-tone guns,

Will i be able to rent these from Game sites or do the only rent out RIF's? meaning i would have to supply my own,

I Live in Aberdeen and so my nearest sites are Dundee, ( CQB and The Hill ) i was hoping if anyone knew if they did Training or (Noob) days or something, or do we just get thrown in at the deep end?

And Finally, my friend owns some private woodland. Are we allowed to skirmish there, ( with two tone guns and the correct safety wear and equipment) or does it strictly have to be in certified locations?

Thanks all.

you are allowed to rent RIF's in order to gain UKARA. as for playing on private land as long as its out the way and you have owners permission i dont see why not.

• Supporters

You are allowed to use RIF's and all that jazz, without being registered. If a mate has a RIF he CAN legally lend it to you, as long as ownership does not change and you give it back to him.

and yes, you can play on any private land where you have the landowners permission, also, try and avoid being within 50Ft of a public right of way. You could hit a walker or they could see guns and think 'HOLY S**T DEMZ SUM GUNS, YO, BETTER CALL COPS ON DEM Arse'

and then it all ends badly with the firearms unit...

But I play on a freinds farm with a footpath neraby, and we have never had any trouble at all.

As has been said, most site do offer rental guns. You can use these when at the site. I would recommend getting UKARA registered and buying a Black RIF as opposed to a 2-tone for the simple reasons: 1 it doesn't look like it has fallen out of a cracker, and 2 you have SO much more to choose from then.

• 3 months later...

I'm new to airsoft too and I'm also waiting to have my skirmish cherry popped (ooh err!)

I'm from Dundee and from what I understand, I don't think the hill is exclusively WWII. I hope not anyway!

I'll hopefully be playing a game some time soon with a guy I work with and his team, but regardless of that I'm a Scottish noob too, so if you wanted to play with another Scottish noob then give me a shout!

• 3 weeks later...

"The Hill" is definatley not just WW2 we also do Vietnam Days, BHD days, Modern days such as UK/US versus Afghan.

Warren the site owner is a great guy and has a great imagination for making the game days more than interesting, noobs are always welcome and will get put in a team of experienced players, we look after all the players up at "The Hill" and like to make sure they have a great day, there a great bunch of blokes up there who were very friendly to me when i left my last site and joined them

Hope to see some of you guys up there soon. :):)

• 7 years later...

There is a site in Aberdeen, banchory called paintball battlegrounds. Yes the name throws it off but it's so fun and a great site for airsoft as well. Good website as well so at least check them out

• Supporters
1 minute ago, TheWolf said:

There is a site in Aberdeen, banchory called paintball battlegrounds. Yes the name throws it off but it's so fun and a great site for airsoft as well. Good website as well so at least check them out

Mate the thread is 8 years old. 

12 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Mate the thread is 8 years old. 

Holy sh*t... AHhahahhahahahahahahahaha

Oh my i fell of my bed laughing. Susquehanna should of checked that hahaha lmao

Archived