I can't pick a sniper, can anyone help?

Bart99
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am reasonably new to airsoft, I do however have my own G&G M16, but I've always fancied a sniper. As in my description I have an r700 which is a great gun for the price at only £90 but I'm looking for a bigger better one at around £200. Everyone Ive talked to has said the TM VSR10 but it looks almost identical to my current sniper and would preferably like something a bit different, but I'm open to all suggestions.

I have an r700 which is a great gun for the price at only £90

dont buy a new one then, i dont know what internal bits are compatible but i'd spend the 200 quid on upgrades for it

http://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/upgradetips.htm

try them, you can always email to askwhat parts will be compatible with your rilfe

dont buy a new one then, i dont know what internal bits are compatible but i'd spend the 200 quid on upgrades for it

http://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/upgradetips.htm

try them, you can always email to askwhat parts will be compatible with your rilfe

That's wat I was thinking but it has a plastic body and two tone

That's wat I was thinking but it has a plastic body and two tone

well assuming you have your licence now paint it? i know most people end up doing a custom job on theirs so a nice through undercoat and a paintjob will do. plastic will make it lighter and i'm not sure there is a wood stock for the rifle

well assuming you have your licence now paint it? i know most people end up doing a custom job on theirs so a nice through undercoat and a paintjob will do. plastic will make it lighter and i'm not sure there is a wood stock for the rifle

Thanks I'll have a think, but just out of curiosity is there any snipers you would recommend ?

Thanks I'll have a think, but just out of curiosity is there any snipers you would recommend ?

i've had a warrior l96 and tokyomarui versions (i'm not the biggest fan)

most people go for the jg bar10, direct copy of tokyo marui vsr10 so takes all parts and probably the easiest to upgrade. thats what is in my kar98 conversion and it's never skipped a beat after i followed aspuk's guide on the upgrading

For the love of Cthulu dont even bother getting a sniper RIFLE unless you are willing to pour £500+ into it to get it shooting well. Nearly everygun at the site will outrange it out of the box.

So save up or leave it.

For the love of Cthulu dont even bother getting a sniper RIFLE unless you are willing to pour £500+ into it to get it shooting well. Nearly everygun at the site will outrange it out of the box.

So save up or leave it.

why i suggested upgrades in the firstplace, though a big powerfull scope and super gun doesnt always make a usefull sniper

• 2 weeks later...
I am reasonably new to airsoft, I do however have my own G&G M16, but I've always fancied a sniper. As in my description I have an r700 which is a great gun for the price at only £90 but I'm looking for a bigger better one at around £200. Everyone Ive talked to has said the TM VSR10 but it looks almost identical to my current sniper and would preferably like something a bit different, but I'm open to all suggestions.

Tm vsr 10 is probably the single most excellent sniper out there....

Which is why I and do many others have one - and like ours with upgrades there awesome!

Liam

well are good and cheap to upgrade from this place http://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/ and cam if you paying 500 quid plus you are getting ripped off.

£294.03 this included

metal l96 hop chamber

m150 spring

l96 high pressure piston

metal l96 hop lever

lonex l96 hop bucking

l96 spring guide stopper

steel sears

l96 ball bearing spring guide

nickel coated steel cylinder

• 3 weeks later...

Learn to shoot accuratly with an AEG first being a sniper even in airsoft is not an easy task so much to learn and you need a good head for ranges, most other snipers i come accross can shoot but cant do the other important roles such as stay back, stalk, and be selective everyone is in love with the idea untill the reality kicks in and you find most people will ditch a sniper rifle for a AEG at some point during the day because they want the kills, for me its personaly im happy to wait all day stalk one person to have a satisfying reward at the end.

Sniper rifles are expensive and upgrades are endless scopes are plentyful if you want to snipe learn to hunt learn the scopes your going to use (personally use MILDOT) and yeah i know no many can get on with them but the people i talk to who dont get on with them generally do not know how to employ i properly, target shoot regularly i shoot atleast 3 times per week in my garden and i make notes in my DOPE book, dont expect to fit a scope to a rifle and shoot it dead accurate it takes alot of time effort and money to perfect the rifle itself so be pepared patience is required.

Personaly like what as been said before L96 is a good option bolt action much like the mausers Sr pro and SR93 easy to use load and fire goo accurancy and range, and i find personally using 0.30g BB's helps.

Archived