BIGGS

SA80

26 posts in this topic

does anyone know if you can get a front rail system like the British are using today on the sa80 in afgahanistan and what tourch that they use and do they do a replica ... let me know please thank you

you can get a front rail system, they do however cost upwards of £500, however there is an airsoft one in the works so keep looking around.

ATM only real steal ones exist. But I have heard that there is a replica airsoft one on the way for around the sum of £100-150.

best alternative ive seen so far has been to use an m4 casv rail system, however i would wait and see

tom

I have seen a G36 ris system used and it looked pretty dam sexy but no like the ones being used in A'stan.

I have seen a G36 ris system used and it looked pretty dam sexy but no like the ones being used in A'stan.

where did u see the g36 one?

Just saw this image, looks like it will be coming soon!

L85_Ris_kisko__4b1f70b2b8bce.jpg

looks pretty much like a g36c one just with the hole to screw it onto the l85 front end (where the front sling mount is)

Yep I just saw that too

I saw the G36 rails pic on a different forum but cant remember which however here is a mock up version

myweapon2.jpg

From what I know it was done as an alternative by this guy, it wasn't meant to look like the issued rails. But I think it was sexy as hell.

Does anyone know who will be making the RIS replica?

i heard 'real sword' but dont hold me to it

Just checked. Real Sword is making this. Seems that it will only fit the STAR/AA/G&G types and not ICS... BOOOHOOO! :(

You mean the STAR SA80 with quick change box, that I've got sitting in the cupboard and only skirmished twice?

Now All I need is a decent ACOG, or to win enough for an ELCAN Spectre scope.

thanx for all ur help if any1 can let me know when the airsoft version comes out that would really appreciated thanx . scott

It looks nice. But, where do you fit the battery? :lol:

Since this thing is so small, most batteries sold with SA80 type replicas probably won't fit (bar the custom made L22AFV carbine ones)

It'll fit G&G/AA? This could be good.

@gliderrider - what is the quick change box? I've looked around at STAR and ARES modifications for their L85s, but I've never seen this.

I have to say, I think the real system, made by Daniel Defence (sp?) is a little silly. Especially when in 2004 when HK remade the SA80 family, they actually offered the MoD a system very like this. At a considerably cheaper price too :rolleyes:

The STAR L85 came standard with a quick change gearbox IIRC

And you know the british army won't replace anything until pretty much everyone is doing it to their personal kit anyway (eg L1A2 SLR).

£400?

For that price I could buy about 1 and 2/3s of a G&G l85! :lol:

I wonder how many of these ZOA will actually manage to shift. And how many of those sales will actually be airsofters and not real troops? :lol:

Real troops are being fitted with them on their guns as standard and ACOG scopes, as they leave for the sand box. Thats if they are a teeth arm, if not they are stuck with the normal L85A2 and SUSAT. I know one person who has one of these and his L85 looks the dogs dangles.

Hello there Pan, were you ears burning :) And put that L85 p*** away, we don't need to feel belittled by it.

Hello there Pan, were you ears burning :) And put that L85 p*** away, we don't need to feel belittled by it.

any luck on the torch??????

any luck on the torch??????

Is it the LLM01 your talking about? Like this??

L85A2x2No2.jpg

These are both Star L85s with A2 front ends, LLM01 and real SUSATs

Wanted to go RIS, but as I do not play anymore, there seemed no point. I have seen the RIS on Ebay for sale, about £300 average cost.

Is it the LLM01 your talking about? Like this??

L85A2x2No2.jpg

These are both Star L85s with A2 front ends, LLM01 and real SUSATs

Wanted to go RIS, but as I do not play anymore, there seemed no point. I have seen the RIS on Ebay for sale, about £300 average cost.

Why do you have a blank firing attachment on the nearest seen in the photo?

Also just for your information, if that's a genuine LLM on the stock, it's worth around two and a half grand (Mil contract prices) so it's avaluable asset to leave unattended.

Also just for your information, if that's a genuine LLM on the stock, it's worth around two and a half grand (Mil contract prices) so it's avaluable asset to leave unattended.

and iirc also illegal to own due to power of the laser??