PM received - re antivirus

Tin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I recieved the following pm but am unsure if it is genuine. (Poster has no posts & joined 13th March. Plus I have not logged in here since late January.:

MichealTracy

Find Member's Posts Take measures immediately!, Today, 12:11 AM

Group: Members

Member No.: 896

Dear, Tin!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer.

We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://anti-malware.serve*8******.(link broken so no one can use it)

If you do not pass this test we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

----------------------------------------------------

Forum Administration www.airsoft-forums.co.uk

Is this genuine?

Its bulls*** spam, ignore it. I got a pm exactly the same, just delete it :)

Please do not click on any links within this PM i think it may be a spam bot if you see this PM delete it at once

The Airsoft Forums UK Staff are looking into this ATM

Thanks for the help

Jack

• AF-UK Founding Member

Removed the account, banned the IP etc for what it's worth. Seems they only send to members so as to delay getting themselves deleted.

Thanks for telling us guys, means we can sort it out ASAP.

you could have had his account checked for the date that he joined the forums to see if he is an admin or not (13 march 2010 is not an admin btw :P that's for sure)

dont know why a ###### like that would like to put a freaking virus in our systems ....and a strong one such as malware that screws everything up ( from DOS in windows and burns the HDD for iMac)

always report to an admin or moderator with a label or tag under his nickname to have him sort things out .

I hope that God burns his PC to the ground and have him erased from the memory of mankind!

Cheers! Going to drink a beer to that!

• Supporters

no Admin would send a message to anyones account regarding a virus on there computer, we do not have access to your computer anyway

thanks for telling us and i can see dev has sorted this problem :)

Archived