Operation JAWBREAKER - A TIER 1 24hr OBUA Combat Operation: June 29 - July 01 2012

TIER 1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

JAWBREAKER-IMAGE-0131.jpg

With Hearts and Minds now becoming ISAF's priority mission in Afghanistan, the war on terror still continues in earnest behind the scenes.

Task Force (TF) 76's limited success during Operation BLACK HEART and the detention of several High Value Individuals (HVI) has led to further information regarding the Al Qaeda (AQ) network currently active across Afghanistan and Pakistan.

TF 76 have been tasked to operate within a suburb of Asadabad the capital city of the Kunar province, Afghanistan in order to maintain their momentum and kill or capture a number of high ranking Al Qaeda terrorists.

TF 76 is currently made up of Special Operations Forces operators from A Squadron, 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment - Delta and soldiers from the United States Marine Corps - FORECON 3rd Force Reconnaissance Company.

TF 76's mission is set to be a dangerous operation made more complex having to operate in a potentially hostile urban environment populated by civilians. They will face a constant threat of who is friendly and who is the enemy.

We know the enemy will use every available means to defeat the TF which will include, but not be limited to: Car Bombs, IED's, Suicide bombers, Snipers and all out attacks on the coalition forces.

TF 76 are therefore to prepare for an Extremely High Risk (EHR) counter insurgency operation in an urban environment.

Warning Order

TIER 1 MILITARY SIMULATION Ltd. are extremely proud to present Operation JAWBREAKER

This will be a 24hr TIER 1 OBUA COMBAT OPERATION.

Location: SPTA, Copehill Down Village (CDV), Shrewton Road, Chitterne, Salisbury Plain, Wiltshire. BA12.

Your turning on the right will be for Tank Track Q.

Date: June 29 – July 01 2012.

CDV is a UK Ministry of Defence training facility located on Salisbury Plain, Wiltshire, England. It is a Operations In Built Up Areas (OBUA) urban warfare and Close Quarters Battle training centre where exercises and tests are conducted by the british military forces.

All teams are to be complete on site no later than 23.59hrs 29 June 2012 (no arrivals before 18.00hrs).

Teams arriving later will have to notify TIER 1 prior to this event.

Safety and administrational briefs will take place on Saturday morning at 07.30hrs. Thereafter opposing forces will move to their respective tactical assembly areas (TAA) and await intelligence briefs and initial orders.

This will be followed by confirmatory orders for the relevant elements and team leaders.

All players will be in the correct sections and will have been allocated radios to communicate with your command elements by 09.30hrs.

From this point on, there will not be a Safe-Zone in operation in the game until END EX and the game will only stop for an emergency. However, there will be dedicated areas for both forces to step out of the operation to get enforced rest should that be required. The scenario will not stop.

ALL elements will deploy onto the ground Saturday morning no later than 10.00hrs.

TIER 1 have invited a group of up to 40 role-players who will be dedicated to playing a Civilian Population (CIVPOP) throughout the event in the village.

RED FORCES

The Taliban: 40 places.

Al Qaeda: 20 places.

Uniform Requirements: Traditional/local Dress where possible. You can wear a civilian/military mix, OD, Tan and Black, but please do not turn up looking like an american PSD operator. You should be thinking tactically in terms of your clothes and their colours etc.

ABSOLUTELY NO Multicam, Desert, MARPAT, AOR 1. You will be asked to change out of them.

BLUE FORCES

Special Operations Forces: A Squadron, 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (1st SFOD-D) – 20 places.

USMC FORECON: 3rd Force Reconnaissance Company – 40 places.

Uniform Requirements: Multicam, Desert, MARPAT, AOR 1.

Players will be required to bring the right kit to last the duration in the village – tactically. (see our TIER 1 kit list recommendations).

You will need to bring all your own food and water and the means to cook with.

You will have to carry with you everything you need into the village. ie. In a bergen / deployment bag.

We will provide squad and platoon level radios for both sides – inter-squad radios – you will need to bring yourself.

Cost: £95

Please book online using the BOOKING section at www.tier1militarysimulation.com.

For further information please contact – [email protected] or call 07967 225 739.

THERE WILL NOT BE ANY REGENS IN PLAY. MEDIC RULES WILL APPLY THROUGHOUT.

THE GAME WILL RUN FROM FRIDAY NIGHT UNTIL SUNDAY LUNCHTIME. ALL REST AND FOOD REQUIREMENTS WILL NEED TO BE UNDERTAKEN TACTICALLY THROUGHOUT THIS EVENT.

More information including scenario to follow soon.

TIER 1

• 1 month later...

Operators!

The BLUE Force is pretty much full, but we do have spaces left on the RED Force for Operation JAWBREAKER 29 June 2012.

So if you fancy getting your AK and your Pakol out and attacking the BLUE Force using authentic Insurgent tactics such as: Car Bombs, Suicide Bombing, IED's, Mortars, Sniping and all out assaults on their patrols.

Defending yourselves against considered and detailed Kill / Capture raids any time of the day or night.

Carry out surveillance serials and mingle in amongst the civilian population - Please sign up ASAP.

Booking for this closes 22 June 2012.

Regards.

TIER 1

****CALLING ALL BUDDING ACTORS / ROLE-PLAYERS****

Anyone wishing to participate in Operation JAWBREAKER at Copehill Down FIBUA Village 29 June 2012 as non-combatants and play as local Afghan civilians may do so at a discounted rate of £45 for the weekend.

We already have a large group fulfilling this role, but we are inspired and would like to extend the invite to everyone.

You will be involved in realistic interaction with the coalition forces and be instrumental in helping build an organic intelligence picture for the operation to unfold dynamically. The scenario places you in a dangerous urban environment and you will be living and working stuck between warring Special Forces and the Taliban. You will be exposed to car bombs, IED's and suicide bombers.

We already have shopkeepers and people manning food stalls, so you are free to use your imagination and create an authentic role(s) to suit yourself.

If you are interested and are prepared to look and act the part, please contact:

[email protected]

Kind regards.

Ed.

Final call for RED Force players for Operation JAWBREAKER at Copehill Down FIBUA Village 29 June 2012.

We still have limited places for the insurgent role left. If you are interested, please book on ASAP.

Booking for this event closes 22 June 2012 at 23:59hrs.

Regards.

TIER 1

All BLUE Force operators should have received their Admin Instruction and Target Development Packs now.

All RED Force Insurgents should have received their Admin Instruction Packs now - You will receive your intelligence briefing in game.

Please contact:

[email protected]

If you have not received the above information.

Regards.

TIER 1

TIER 1 would like to say a massive THANK YOU to ALL who attended - Operation JAWBREAKER

The Operation was a HUGE success from my point and the entire team at TIER 1.

I would like to thank all of the players that came from across the UK and the Netherlands. All of you entered the scenario with the right spirit to make it unfold perfectly. The standard of play was the best I have seen and we are always fortunate that we attract players of the highest calibre. We are also flattered that we had several other airsoft site owners and organisations along. I hope we didn't disappoint you.

We are aware that our events are more like a military exercise and not so much an airsoft game and we understand that not everyone is used to playing this way. However, we are delighted that everyone on both the BLUE and the RED Force gave it their all and worked within the chain of command throughout. This is unheard of in most airsoft games and no one went rogue which kept the scenario on track throughout.

A huge thank you to Sheridan who led the RED Force and to all the players that got into the characters you were portraying. You acted and looked the part perfectly.

The RED Force worked tirelessly throughout and were an amazing insurgent force using guerilla warfare tactics. They made fantastic use of the array of battle sims on offer which included a suicide bomber attack on a BLUE Force foot patrol who had just left their patrol base. A huge car bomb which detonated as the BLUE Force had finished a Shura with the district elders as they were collapsing their cordon groups. IED's were triggered by unsuspecting soldiers as they took cover on corners of buildings. I was blown up 3 times by said IED's. Pressure pads and trip wires were rife across the whole site which made the district truly a dangerous and hostile environment to operate in. Also the constant stream of hit and run attacks on patrols to all out large firefights. Aggressive close quarter combat, harassing sniper fire throughout and mortar attacks on the patrol base during the night. It just did not stop.

I would like to say a massive thank you to all of the players on the BLUE Force and in particular the Team Leaders. We ask a great deal of you in terms of working within a strict command structure and in a realistic military manner. Hats off to those who have no military experience, you all did a fantastic job and it felt like a real military unit throughout. Your patience in the stop start nature of operating in a hostile environment from a Patrol Base surrounded by a determined local enemy who were not bound by rules of engagement and who had complete freedom of movement, was truly impressive. The consistent high pace of ongoing operations and working through the night with minimal downtime is usually a big ask for the majority of players, but all of you did everything that was asked of you everytime without complaint. I can not praise you all enough.

I need to give a special mention to the Lightfighter team that played the ISA recce / surveillance role. Working in ones and twos, in civvies independently from the main force was magical to watch. Infiltrating enemy buildings and hiding underneath stairs and whispering live intelligence into a hidden radio surrounded by enemy was priceless. As always fellas a fantastic job carried out extremely well.

The role-players - WOW. This is the first time we have introduced this element and I can truthfully say that it was a FANTASTIC ingredient. To have a civilian element played by people that want to do that over playing and firing weapons was incredible. When the BLUE Force carried out their first exploitation patrol into the village and came across the street where they had set up their shops. They all came out to greet us in character which was so realistic and surreal, I felt my jaw drop open. The detail they put into their shops, which included a full on coffee shop and their clothing as well as their individual characters was mind blowing.

The Shura they hosted was brilliant, with all that was going on outside in the street where the civilians where trying to engage with the BLUE Force soldiers and sell them their bits and pieces (Old Hoovers, VHS Video tapes, Fishing rods, the list goes on). During this the insurgents were carrying out covert surveillance in and amongst the civilians. The point where all the shop keepers started to shut their shops and close the shutters, gave the BLUE Force a major combat indicator. Shortly after the BLUE Force cordon group then came under attack and as the BLUE Force command element fled the building where the Shura was being held, a huge car bomb detonated in front of them killing and wounding many BLUE Force soldiers, but also the civilian role-players. At this point the role-players really kicked in and were amazing to watch. During the chaos that followed the detonation, the role-players were screaming and shouting, crawling for cover and helping drag each other into safety whilst a furious firefight was going on around them, it was so good to watch. A real snapshot of the chaos that must follow such dreadful attacks. Huge thanks to Josh S and your team, absolutely top notch.

I need to say the biggest thanks to Andy B and Tricky for their tireless devotion to providing our TIER 1 Combat Operations with THE most realistic Battle Simulations. I have never seen anything better or more impressive in airsoft. The IED's work brilliantly, the pressure pads and trip wires are just too realistic. The car bombs as already mentioned were so big, I felt the air pressure change followed by a shockwave.

My ears are still ringing from the assault on the compound during the early hours. The multiple explosive entry into the building followed by the booby traps inside the house was one of my favourite experiences of the weekend and a real highlight. Breaching into the building in the dark and seeing the panels being blown in was visually as real as it gets. Followed by the assault teams fighting up the stairs in the dark, setting off massive booby traps as the went was sensational.

Lastly I need to thank all of the TIER 1 Crew who work extremely hard behind the scenes to ensure that our customers get the best experience we can offer. There are many thankless tasks, but you all carry them out to the highest standard and I am incredibly proud of you all. I have a fantastic team.

We sincerely hope that everyone who attended Operation JAWBREAKER felt immersed, enjoyed the event, went away happy and satisfied and will be back for more. We are always trying to make our events better for YOU, so please let us know your thoughts.

Kind regards.

Ed Denson

TIER 1

A few testimonials from players that attended Operation JAWBREAKER from FaceBook and other Forums.

This was my first Military Simulation and I hugely enjoyed it. Everything that happened changed the gameplay immensely and gathering intel and making the BLUE forces paranoid at the beginning was fun! Cheers to all the Tier 1 guys for making this event great. Hopefully will get on the STANTA event

Cheers

Thanks Ed, Dan & the Fellas at Tier 1 for a truly epic event, really enjoyed myself, very realistic, brought back many memories........

Amazing getting sniped at while eating scoff in my bedspace from a murder hole that overlooked our FOB wall :-)))))

Although there were lulls and quiet points it was full on all the time, if that makes sense.

I loved it.

We both really enjoyed it as insurgents! Playing the role as civ. pop. Was extremely good fun, and I'd love to know if the roleplayer news crew during the shura and first car bomb were actually filming and would we see it end up on YouTube?

What a great weekend nothing like iv seen before and iv been playing for over 10yrs now. Loved the roll players and there attention to detail was amazing not just with there load outs but also with the market place and the coffee shop made an excellent atmosphere and good use of building space.The pyrotechnics where awesome too and a lot of it going off everywhere.Big thanks to all the Players the Roll players Ed and the Tier crew that all played there parts in making a fantastic weekend and Ed for bringing it all together.

What an awesome weekend it was, & being my 1st tier-1 event I was completely taken aback by it all!! Its like nothing you'll ever experience!!! Thanks again fella's!!

See you @ Stanta!!!!!!!!

Though competely shattered, I must say what an experiance. The guys at Tier 1 really do give it all when it comes to putting on a Milsim on another level!

Well done guys, really enjoyed myself!

Got back from this yesterday afternoon and i must say it's the best game we've been to to date.

Tier one obviously put a lot of work into this to make it an enjoyable intense Military Simulation.

From recieiving Deployment packs before hand on High Value Individuals to a nice debrief at the end it was a professionaly run event that completely immersed us.

The marshalls were awesome, from what i could see, they were very good at being present without interferring in the game, and they really didn't have a lot to do as the quality of sportsmanship from both teams (and the roleplayers) was superb.

I was on the Blue team in Carnage-3-0 and from the get go we were rotated between QRF for the Delta teams (Dagger), Stag on the gate and stood down with an hour each. Inbetween there were patrols and various other tasks. I felt this kept a nice balance between suspense, action and rest.

I won't go into the details and all the memorable moments because there were simply too many. Suffice to say we are going to their next one in September which sounds even bigger and better.

I urge anyone even remotely interested to give it a good look. You don't need to know sod all about military tactics or have amazing gear (we didn't) just the ability to listen and get stuck in.

Thanks to all of the Tier 1 staff and the players for a great weekend.

Big thanks to the tier 1 team for pulling off another flash event.

Have to admit seeing 2 of my team sitting undercover in a cafe next to the enemy force commander was prob one of the flashest moments of any game i have played.

Qudos to the red force guys for playing the game well and being a right royal pain in the arse!

Archived