Which colour of tactical vest?

Falkirk300zx
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Only my second post (first post was in the new players section), so please be gentle.

I have SURPAT camo and looking to add a tactical vest to my wardrobe and was looking at buying a Blackhawk STRIKE Gen-4 OMEGA vest but I'm unsure on what colour to buy.

I want to have a black SWAT style so black vest and pouches but I also want to use it with my camo gear so OD would be best (certainly looks the best from army pics). Do I opt for a black vest with two colours of pouches for each style or just buy 2 vests and pouches in the required colour for each style?

Has anyone seen a black vest with OD pouches? Opinions?

• Supporters

stick with one colour.

and make it black, you can use it in CQB AND woodland.

it goes with everything, so any camo you get will work with it, saving you a large fortune on webbing and things in the future.

but even then, I'd avoid webbing if I were starting again (or could afford a new loadout). Sometimes you dont feel hits through it, so it ruins other peoples day. When I can afford to im going with a right leg holster, left leg will have drop Mag pouch, on my bum I'm putting a dump bag. Saves weight for someone like me, who is fairly skinny and can't afford to lug around a ton of extra material all day. also means in CQB you can get closer to walls and hug into trees better.

Sorry, I was waffling a bit there :P

Tl;dr: Black.

Ahhh, never thought of going that way.......

Belt with a drop leg platform and a dump pouch, but doesn't that make falling painful? I fell on a full metal side arm and it was worse than a point blank hit! Slightly cheaper too but you lose part of the look!

I don't like the thought of not feeling hits (personally I hate non-die'ers). When you say sometimes you don't feel hits, is that an almost always feel hits but occasionally don't or are the hits are significantly 'dumbed down' and you only feel 1 out of 10?

• Supporters

dumed down. not to the point of 1 in 10, but certainly decreased.

If a BB hits the webbing, you can JUST feel it, but if it hits a mag there is no way you will know. Unless you were listening for it.

yes, you loose some of the army look, but I feel it looks a bit cooler. More 'elite mercenary' than the 'british grunt' that so many people go for.

plus, the weight, as I said. and I find I run faster when my torso isnt covered. dunno why :P.

Thanks for that.

Going for:

Blackhawk belt with leg drop in black, left leg nothing (one non-sore side when dropping down) and right leg ammo pouches. On the belt, dump pouch on rear and Mars Bar/ammo/misc storage to front/sides. Should look like a black Viper SAAV without the braces and better quality!

Archived