Which AEG

Wills
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
My dad is hoping to get me a Two Tone airsoft rifle soon so i may get do more in the airsoft sport.. just wondering which you'd say is more worth it http://www.airsoftworld.net/airsoft-guns/a...a1-carbine.html or http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/G-G-GR-16-C...nt_ANHG0~0.aspx

thanks

no brainier, G&G GR-16 without a doubt! AGM is too hot anyway and the G&G is made in Taiwan and therefore better quailty you also get a proper G&G gearbox just a plastic body.

what do you mean by hot? and is it possible to buy like a metal stock and the front hand guard thing and apply as long as I leave the two toned (clear) how it is...

and when i would go airsofting....could a possibly cover the clear plastic say with grass/ghillie.....as long as I do that just at site?

• Supporters

hot means that the gun fires the BB too fast (the fps is too high) for it to be allowed at most UK sites.

As a general rule of thumb, you want to be below 350FPS. lower at CQB.

as long as you don't change the Two tone parts, adding extras is fine.

Yes, the site is not there to ask about where you got it. Most sites (and airsofters in general) dislike two tone weapons for fairly obvious reasons. The sites are more than happy for you to cover the TT with other bits nd bobs. but usually, clear guns are no more obvious then RIF's and green ones are the sam colour as grass in sunlight.

its 51% ;)

Yes i ve heard that its 51% but i have realised the "Iron" sight at the top is kinda TT so i can't get a sight like reflex or acog unless it's two toned......is it possible to get like a clear acog?

• Supporters

dont worry about carry handle being TT the main colour of the gun will still be TT even if you replace it

• Supporters

just have the acog on at the airsoft site (when playing) rather than at home (in storage) its sort of a grey area but im sure no will mind you can identify its a TT.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Look in our classifieds section (however not many TT's are sold) or alternatively go in the places to buy forum and look in the airsoft retailers thread. No where is significantly cheaper than anywhere else really so it's up to you.

I would recomend you just use the sites hire guns (if the site provides them) this means you dont waste your money buying a TT and then buying a RiF when you have your UKARA :)

• 3 weeks later...

for the guy who sked about buying i reccomend a src m4a1 from airsoft world the clear on the g&g gr 16 seems stupid its better off green

Archived