GZ Weekender/NAE 2012

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I'm available to skype pretty much any late evening for a week or so.

Re numbers - I've got 6 phone numbers plus me = 7

re what are we sleeping in? Depends how cold it turns out to be, but I'm hoping it's warm enough to be down to my pants - just in case I need to leap out of my tent straight from sleep! Do you mean sleeping bags vs blankets/duvets, or what sort of sleeping bag/sleep system? I'll have 2 cheap sleeping bags that together add up to warm enough for almost anything the UK can throw at us and 2 cheap mats that, again together, do the job of a more expensive one. I'm dithering over buying a Falklands Issue cold weather sleeping bag liner as well, but I probably won't because of the added weight to carry.

• Supporters

Also available to Skype pretty much whenever (apart from this Sat as I'm airsofting).

Think there are 13 of us, which isn't too bad.

I'm taking a caravan :L, not sure on the sensibility of it though..

• Supporters
Also available to Skype pretty much whenever (apart from this Sat as I'm airsofting).

Think there are 13 of us, which isn't too bad.

I'm taking a caravan :L, not sure on the sensibility of it though..

Yeah 13 would make a tidy squad.

I doubt a caravan would mind being taken but as for whether it's a sensible idea, regardless of its sensibilities, I spose it depends how good you are at reversing with it attached to your vehicle, because you wouldn't want to be crap at it if the ground turns out to be bumpy or muddy, eh?

• Supporters

I know you're allowed them there, and my mate's driving. To be honest, I'm not sure his car can actually pull the caravan.. We could end up needing some help leaving :L

• Supporters

All part of the fun, Liam :D

• Supporters

I know, it's gonna be good.

Especially if my PDI parts arrive soon.

13 of us not bad two main team a reci team and a oc but who is going so i can upload our team to the NAE site

• Supporters

craig

Arden

Jacob Wright

Liam Porter

jcheeseright

joshcowin

Ian_Gere

Luke

These are the people I know of for sure... Who else?

• Supporters

Mine and Arden's mate; Luke.

• Supporters

I too can do skype any night this week except tonight and saturday, sleeping wise I'm a bit of a lazy camper and I'll be bringing an air mattress plus duvet/sheets. It's august, how cold can it get? (backup sleeping bag in the boot of car).

• Supporters

Hmmm, just thought of a really important question for the veterans - what are the drinking water arrangements?

• Supporters

Hi all

We are still taking a caravan but not hopefully have a truck to pull it so we will be sorted,

We are also going to be taking a generator if we have the truck so will have power if anyone wants to take a battery charger or anything?

We can provide power for our team anyway :)

• Supporters

Thought you were getting a towbar for your car instead of using the truck?

• Supporters

No going to take truck if i can will make it easier getting in and out and also possibly helping others and can also put the big generator on the back of the truck so we have full luxuries lol

• Supporters

That's good news, Arden! TBH, I'm going to be carrying enough stuff without adding the weight of a charger to it so I'll leave that to those bringing cars... not that I'll refuse an opportunity to top up my SLR's 9.6V battery if it's going :D

I'm away until the 17th, so finding a time when I'll be able to go online could be hard. However, I will be able to reply to messages etc so just keep me in the loop via Skype.

I think we're bringing a tent, and my gun is gas so I won't need any battery facilities.

Archived