Multicam Gear & Loadouts - Mk 1

TheFull9
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm happy to hang on with regard to the osprey, a multicam rig will do me fine until they're available.

It's stuff like bags, what goes in them, what troops carry aside from magazines and water, a radio and stuff like that, as well as where and how they carry everything.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

You're looking at big kilogram numbers if you want to carry the same stuff as they do in afghan, especially if you're gonna lug a ruck. Are you looking at mil-sim events where you'll need a lot of eating/sleeping gear?

There's a a couple of different issue packs floating around, I've seen daysacks much like the old NI ones but in MTP and with extra MOLLE, there's also a sort of miniature bergan which a mate of mine get for doing afghan, no doubt they'll be using Warrior stuff for those as well. The army love this place: http://www.uktactical.com/

Pouch setups and exact equipment carried will vary a lot depending on the individual, the primary weapon carried, the length of patrol, expected state of the ground and all sorts of other things I don't know about because I'm a remf not an infantryman. Between all the rock apes here and all the different infantry regiments that rotated through the falklands while I was there I've seen loads of varying configurations, hence why you'll want to dig around to find some reference photos that you like and you think will suit your particular brand of airsofting.

• Supporters

Once I've got the kit the only guns I'll be getting will be custom builds that suit the kit and once I'm driving the only events I plan to be attending are the mahoosive milsim events that run like, 3 times a year.

It's just going to be very selective events, that last at least 2 days and have months inbetween where I can plan the journey and save up to cover all the costs etc. I reckon the slow, progressive hype build up whilst waiting for each event will make it worth giving up more regular, 'casual' skirmishing.

I'd be playing milsim already if it weren't for the fact that some of the crowd can be quite arsey if you don't have the right stuff and the events are all miles away for someone who doesn't drive to attend.

• Supporters

Is that what you'd use in afghan though? I mean I don't know, I don't do impressions so I've not seen every single picture there is, but generally I get the impression from what I have seen in person that the majority of guys put their kit in the actual issued MOLLE pouches on to the Osprey.

yeah every one used the molle on the osprey assault but for the first two months i used a set of webbing from dragon i spent the last 10 minutes looking for a good pic but couldn't find one sorry

People have been asking me for one of these on various forums and on YouTube for pretty much years now, so I've put together all the MC kit I saved up for and ordered (mostly from the US) while I was in the Falklands for a loadout video:

Managed to leave my DSLR back on camp like an idiot when I drove home last night so the photos will have to be another time.

nice loadout man! I'll be putting my DEA FAST TEAM loadout on here when it is finished - gotta love that multicam!

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

Well here is my MC there are a few other litlle bits and pieces that need adding but this is basically it.

Front

MC3_zpsdcb988bf.jpg

Back

MC2_zpsfc104267.jpg

With Weapon

MC1_zpsa299da33.jpg

MC_zpse3d290da.jpg

My loadout consists of:

-Magnum boots

-5.11 TDU Trousers

-Helikon ACU Shirt

-Tan Plate Carrier with CB pouches and MC Hydration carrier

-Tan MICH 2002 (I think its a 02 model)

-Mesh Goggles

-Bulle safety glasses

-Hatch MC Knee/Elbow Pads

Weapon is a SRC G36KV

Im now looking for a decent pack/hydration carrier in MC but everything is now going to be going on

my primary as i need to get flashlight and a foregrip sourced due to one of my local sites having very

dark indoor areas and the foregrip just to make it a bit more comfortable holding the weapon over the

long hours of play.

Any advice you guys are willing to give would be great.

dont use elbow pads unless theyre integrated into to top,

if youve got a molle belt use it put you mag pouches on it. it means theyre lower down and easier to get hold of try to keep them on the left hand side and any grenade/smoke pouches put them on the right

use hard knuckle gloves

• Supporters

Can anyone help me more concisely list the stuff I need for an authentic, current, British Army look?

Anyone able to give me a list in as much detail as possible? I want to know everything right down to each individual pouch. What do our soldiers get given for deployment?

So far I've personally got MTP UBACS and trousers and I have a Bowman headset clone as well, I'm not going to bother with the proper radios though.

However, I'm aware that I need:

Mk VII with an MTP cover - What colour rubber?

Oakley hard knuckle gloves - Got them on order

MTP dump pouch

MTP Osprey Mk IV (along with all necessary pouches) - I know it'll be a while before they're available

Sig P226 holster - Which one does the army use?

Issue knee pads - Anyone know what they're called?

Lowa boots

What else is there?

Anyone give me an A-Z list from head to foot of absolutely everything? Even the meaningless stuff I don't need for airsoft, like utility pouches and stuff.

• Supporters

Ed for the helmet rubber ive seen guys using both Tan and OD but then ive seen several not using anything at all.

As for the Osprey thats gonna be a while :)

Don't use rubber on the helmets any more. In I.e.d blasts it would melt into lads faces so stopped being used.

And as for a list of kit ed I wouldn't bother with half of it the osprey is large bulky and uncomfortable never fits right either, get a warrior assault nemesis plate carrier. Get your own pouches they're better made, I have warrior pouches they are better made and last longer and are easier to replace.

Where as if you do get osprey anytime soon they'll probably try and sell it to you with all the collars and shoulder brassards non of which any fighting troop (apart from maybe high risk search teams (even those bin them) would use as they add to weight restrict movement and vision.

A lot of the kit the lads get is crap, but they wear it everyday for about 6 months so know how to adapt it and what to change for comfort

• Supporters

I've been tempted to get things in multicam that I can't find in MTP - at this point my next purchases are going to be a dump pouch and some pistol magazine pouches, as well as a holster for my Sig.

I personally don't see that much of a difference between MTP and MC, MTP seems to have a bit more speckly bits, but that's about all the difference I can make out. Colours are the same, shapes aren't that different etc etc. Do you think anyone would be arsed enough to point out inaccuracies like that?

I need to know which holster to get though, 'cos that's not something I want to get wrong.

Which water carrier do I need too? 'Cos I've seen a few MTP camelbaks, but they don't look right to me for some reason, are there differnet kinds or something?

I wouldn't worry about the difference between mc and mtp. Don't go for the really cheap ripoff crap that some will try and sell you. Any stuff that is of a decent quality would be ok. Just look at the colours on the camelback pouch on the above pics that isn't mc or mtp

And they use either a Serpa or Blackhawk holster

• Supporters

Ref camelbaks, I've been issued 2 different models over the last few years, and have seen at least another 2 variations on top of those. There's quite a lot of legacy gear knocking about which just hasn't been replaced/people don't want to change.

With that in mind, buy what you find comfortable and as long as it's MTP there'll be someone out there somewhere using it for real!

Well here is my MC there are a few other litlle bits and pieces that need adding but this is basically it.

Front

MC3_zpsdcb988bf.jpg

Back

MC2_zpsfc104267.jpg

With Weapon

MC1_zpsa299da33.jpg

MC_zpse3d290da.jpg

My loadout consists of:

-Magnum boots

-5.11 TDU Trousers

-Helikon ACU Shirt

-Tan Plate Carrier with CB pouches and MC Hydration carrier

-Tan MICH 2002 (I think its a 02 model)

-Mesh Goggles

-Bulle safety glasses

-Hatch MC Knee/Elbow Pads

Weapon is a SRC G36KV

Im now looking for a decent pack/hydration carrier in MC but everything is now going to be going on

my primary as i need to get flashlight and a foregrip sourced due to one of my local sites having very

dark indoor areas and the foregrip just to make it a bit more comfortable holding the weapon over the

long hours of play.

Any advice you guys are willing to give would be great.

hay that is the same as my gun! :P:rolleyes:

• Supporters

@Namaco if you were on bout my loadout then no i dont find it heavy at all as i often wear stab vests for work and so ive become used to the weight

also i only use 5 Pmags and i carry a speedloader and BB's in my small pouch + hydration pouch its just right for me to still run about like a headless chicken.

@adam yup its a little beauty just needs a spring change but internals are all good as i just got it serviced and now its just a foregrip n flashlight to finish it off

• 2 weeks later...

looks good mate but imo theres just a little to much multicam with the rig and holster being multicam aswell as the bdu's but its an each to there own thing as with anything in airsoft, the scar is looking sexy as feck though :)

• Supporters

I'm quite used to seeing a lot of guys wearing all MTP every day in work, so all MC doesn't particularly stand out in my eyes. Also as you'll notice if you see any of my skirmishing photos I've always got at least 3 different camo patterns on me when it comes to game day.

That and I could quite happily use almost all of that gear in Afghan when I go over there (the exception being the plate carrier, since I'm obligated by law to wear the issued armour), wouldn't be the case if I'd bought other patterns/colours.

Archived