The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

Heh, yeah my room here at home is pretty much a building site right now because the wardrobes I used to have were completely over-flowing. Had to rip them out, then remove the chimney breast to get a couple of extra square feet of floor space and my entire collection is currently sitting in massive cardboard boxes, waiting on a bespoke 3 x floor-to-ceiling double door cupboard installation going in with plenty of gun racks, hanging rails for rigs and shelving for all those little bits like mags, gloves, helmets etc. There will eventually come a point where I'm actually going to have to sell a gun or a rig every time I want to buy something new just to create a space.

Unfortunately there isn't actually a massive amount to do to the SCAR, purely because of the construction of them. You can't change the stocks or receivers and you're stuck with the supplied pistol grip on the TM version. You can thread on a barrel extension, but then you've probably just chosen the length you wanted when you decided which to buy between the standard and the CQB. The RS extension rail systems aren't compatible and there isn't an awful lot of rail space at the sides or underneath for mounting. So yeah, little bit limited but the main thing end of the day is just that it's a really high quality EBB rifle, definitely more of a kick than the SOPMOD family rifles as well which is really nice.

• Supporters

Oh dear, when you said PODL I thought you meant Post Operational Deployment Leave! Falklands!! MPA is like butlins with rubbish weather, I've been on more operational trips to the pub than 4 months in the Falklands!

Some nice stuff there though, 7 months at sea from september (boo, hiss) should sort my finances out a treat. And then I can splurge massively on the credit card for 6 months before going away again... never learn.

• Supporters

It's called PODL wherever you go, at least that's the acronym we always use regardless of theatre. If you thought I was implying I'd just got back from afghan then I can only apologise for the mis-understanding, I just used the terminology I'm accustomed to.

Your butlins must've been pretty physical though, because doing 18 mile bergan tabs with the army and munitions disposal at a holiday park in Skegness sounds quite extreme? :P

• Supporters
Mmm, delicious patriotism.

That is a great looking object mate, but I also remember a great quote I read somewhere...

"Patriotism is an extreme form of Stockholm Syndrome"

• Supporters

The comment just seemed relevant to the chocolate really, not intended to move in to anything political/philosophical. Simply; I like my country, that's why I don't mind being in job where any time day or night they can say to me "pack a bag, you're off to some unpleasant land full of unfriendly locals for an indeterminate amount of time" and I'd be contractually obliged to do as I was told.

• Supporters

No offence intended, mate. There are many reasons for being a soldier and I respect most of them, even patriotism, despite my general attitude, so long as it's genuinely thought through rather than a muddled inherited mind set. But, as you say, this is neither the time nor place to go further ;)

Some cheap NBB Gas M9 and a spring revolver... Wtf? Why?!

I should have bought a Nerf gun... I can shoot the people I love without getting locked up/drop kicked by the girlfriend!

Everything in the photo, besides the Desert Eagle, for 150 quid. It's a CA M15A4, KSC USP and mags etc.

Damn that's a good find. Well done Sir!

• Supporters

Two packs of shims and an OD shirt from Patrol Base.

A new wing mount for my L85's as of yet un-arrived ACOG docter sight to make it look more authentic, from BritKitUSA - anyone got an ETA on shipping?

A pair of Helikon MP trousers from Action Hobbies. Finally getting on the camo band wagon.

Am waiting on Magpul rsa sling hook, Magpul MS2 Multi-function Tactical Single/Two-Point Sling, EAIMING NAVY M4/M16 AEG Metal Body Receiver -Black, Element Badger Ordnance Steel Latch for M4/M16 Army Force M4A1/CQB Aluminum Two Pieces Outer Barrel ( hoping it will be about 10.5'') Element Steel Handguard Cap and ACM Folding Front Sight Tower ( this is now fitted)

• Supporters

• Supporters

one day when airsoft supply drop let me pay for something a Pantac MBSS seeing as their the only place in the uk with the multicam version

• Supporters

Paid for the 2nd half of an Ares L1A1 SLR yesterday and received it this morning.

Included:

Top Cover with Rail

Original Top Cover

4 x 32 AIM Illuminated Scope

Real Steel Sling

2 x Mid-Caps

Speed Loader

2 x Hi-Caps (1 full of 0.25g Bio BBs)

9.6V 1600mAh VP Mini Battery

Original Box

Cheers, John!!!

If that was the L1 that was on sale up here a few weeks ago, I gotta say I'm mighty jealous, I logged into the forum 10 minutes too late! :lol:

Well, I now own half of the rifle to go with the rail system I bought on Monday. By next week, I should hopefully have the full thing ;)

Admittedly, it'll be about a month before I can afford the LiPo, but at least I already have all of the magazines and the optic...

• Supporters

Forgot to add in my desert night parka in my previous post in the gear thread:

IMG_0269.jpg

Quite literally as old as me, made in 1988 and never issued so it's still in top nick.

Also got orders in from Mil-Spec Monkey and BritKitUSA within hours of each other on thursday, so it was Morale patches all round.

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0254-1.jpg

IMG_0261-1.jpg

Even without the patches I have that aren't picture there I've got a long way to go before I ever fill up the MSM Mega patch book.