Hello!

Immersion
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey there,

I'm Immersion. I'm 20. I'm somewhat new to airsoft - I used to own a M16 and SA80 when I was a kid (I mean kid, well before the 2007 act came in) but eventually lost interest in them and sold them on when I became the age to join the Army. I'm looking to get back into it now, I'm looking to buy an M4A1 and hope to customize it a bit so if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be greatful.

I've read up on the new player guides and that, but if anyone has any information on your favourite airsoft locations and what not, I'd be very greatful since the nearest one to me is miles away.

Also looking for any airsoft players in the Wales (South) area that may be interested in getting together over a pint or something and pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately that one that is miles away is likely to be the closest one, have you checked on airsoft map?

I have yeah, bring back the old days in which we'd sit in the middle of the street in some bushes and shoot peoples shopping when they walked past :/

Thanks for the welcome!

yeah i got it from my local site and the one before that from sas (never buy from them)

but thay were both great never had any problems with them

Well, you won't need anything too flashy if you're just starting.

Viper make some decent cheap ones :)

Flyye seems to be pretty good, I like the idea of being able to chuck on what you want and what you don't want.

I see you're a G&P user, ever had any problems? I'll definately be coming to you in the future ;) I'm looking to get:

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog...les.html#aGP626

• Supporters

Welcome and flyye i reckon are the best at a price compromise unless you buy from uktactical ibeleive members and ex members of the armed forces get a discount?

• Supporters

No problems at all and ive put through atleast 60k rounds through it, the externals are definitely the best part, far superior to all others in the price range (except maybe vfc) VERY high rate of fire too.

I've used and owned other m4's for the same price, but my g&p comes top, vfc is a close second.

Flyye make some good stuff too, molle is a great feature on kit and allows you endless customization

For webbing, Warrior Assault Systems make a good RICAS/RICAS Compact depending on size. I'm looking into one myself. all MOLLE of course but to get started probably just some normal army webbing

No problems at all and ive put through atleast 60k rounds through it, the externals are definitely the best part, far superior to all others in the price range (except maybe vfc) VERY high rate of fire too.

I've used and owned other m4's for the same price, but my g&p comes top, vfc is a close second.

Flyye make some good stuff too, molle is a great feature on kit and allows you endless customization

Awesome, the only problem i find with g&p is that I can't find a single M4 that's not over 360fps, I'd need to be bang on 350 maximum (Pref 330) to be allowed onto the skirmishes near me - can anyone suggest how I can get it under that?

For webbing, Warrior Assault Systems make a good RICAS/RICAS Compact depending on size. I'm looking into one myself. all MOLLE of course but to get started probably just some normal army webbing

Been looking at the RICAS Compact, seems pretty awesome - definate benefit is that you can throw as much on as you possibly want such as frag/smoke bags and what not. I've already got normal army webbing and I'm not interested in using any of that.

Okay, the MOLLE stuff is definately a winner! I'll be using mine for ACF. Better then the 1980s PLCE stuff they give you!

But I'm still undecided on the normal or compact RICAS. Will be giving them a call later today...

Okay, the MOLLE stuff is definately a winner! I'll be using mine for ACF. Better then the 1980s PLCE stuff they give you!

But I'm still undecided on the normal or compact RICAS. Will be giving them a call later today...

The RICAS M4 with:

Universal Radio Pouch

1 Frag 1 Smoke

Drop Leg Holster

Sounds appealing, but I'd like to get a camelpak too sometime, not sure if that would work with the RICAS M4 stuff.

You sir are the most experienced newbie I ever come across. :lol:

It's nice to have a newbie who does his own research and doesn't expect everyone else to do it all for him/her. It's a shame you're in south Wales, there's an amazing CQB site just outside north Wales, best site I've ever been to, proper FIBUA experience. :lol:

SWAT urban check them out, on site shop an' all. ;)

Good luck with the gun, G&P are awesome :D

You sir are the most experienced newbie I ever come across. :lol:

It's nice to have a newbie who does his own research and doesn't expect everyone else to do it all for him/her. It's a shame you're in south Wales, there's an amazing CQB site just outside north Wales, best site I've ever been to, proper FIBUA experience. :lol:

SWAT urban check them out, on site shop an' all. ;)

Good luck with the gun, G&P are awesome :D

Why thank you!

I'm trying to get the jist of using an airsoft rifle over an actual rifle, field stripping and all that - It still amazes me how real these look. I'll definately be looking for hop on a train a silly o'clock in the morning and getting up to different CQB sites then buggering off home again, just gotta get all my gear on lockdown first ;)

Thanks for the suggestion!

having recently entered airsoft like yourself, I've found the first getting of your gear, loadout etc. is the biggest finacial hit and then after its not so bad

Archived