Ugliest airsofts?

two_zero
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Got a bit carried away writing a post for this thread in the fear of going to much OT I decided to create this thread.. oh and the reason I put "airsofts" in the title is that there is so many ugly weapons out there, but most of them never became and airsoft.

Witch designs really make you sick?

Personally m16 "nam", I really hate this weapon. Ironically, I love many of the m16/m4 I see but the nam just freaks me out. What makes me dislike it is the handguard, the carry handle but most off all the fixed stock. I hate the m16 fixed stock. Not sure if I'm too keen on the front sight or the mag either

m16.jpg

and the desert eagle, I hate the trigger. I also dislike the trigger guard, and the general appearance it. I suppose it's a little that it's so inpractical as well even thou this really don't affect the look at all.

481409_tm-imideserteagle50hardkickchrome.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

How can you hate that M16? I love the Vietnam style M16s, especially the handguard!

Agree on the Desert Eagle though, really dislike it a lot!

Also hating those M4 style guns with no stocks or the 'too shoot to be any good for anything' stocks.

Mate of mine just got an amazing M16 off here, full metal ICS one. Must admit I wish I had brought it not him, but he loves his Desert Eagle and I hate em, too big, awkward to load and dont fit holsters. Uck :)

As noted in the same other thread I just cant get on with P90's either, clever yes, just dont like the look of them.

and there we go, I love short short M4s, feels like a smg with attitude. not too keen on scorpion thou for some reason.

I have the same approach to both p90 and g36 in many aspects, I don't really like the look but the epicness of the weapons makes up for it.

P90... sometimes I dislike em but them I think that its just a stock and it still got as long barrel as other smgs and I start to like it again:D

kinda same with g36, its so darn practical. 5 ris attachments, option for built in scope, with red dot on top, modular...

Thou P90 & g36 both made me think of what I hate most on airsofts. see-thru magazines with fake ammo in it.. or when hicaps magazines is made as a double mag and have a fake bullet on one side..

AAAADDmVh3sAAAAAASzeBA.jpg

r_c110_short_1_mark.jpg

Snip-mc-snip

I have genuinely never seen those magazines (the double one).

Are both mags filled with ammo, and it feeds from one into the other?

(I've seen the G36 and I think they always look naff. Until someone can put good looking fake bullets in, they'll always look like cheap toys to me)

I'm not a 1911 fan, but do like the Hi-Power.

Oooh, I don't like the appearance of Masadas/ACRs. Something about them looks 'wrong' to me.

But I can't really think of any firearms (avaliable in airsoft) that I don't like.

I have genuinely never seen those magazines (the double one).

Are both mags filled with ammo, and it feeds from one into the other?

Seen at site, yes on one I saw. Basically bullets were a cover that slid forward allowing you to reload the right hand mag which was connected to left one (in gun) through the fake mag clips. Rather clever, could see it being useful for on fly reloads although I would prefer a pile of mid caps myself. One pet hate is noise my hi caps make and winding them up :)

only seen it for mp5, but I think there available for m4 as well...

really used to dislike the 1911 trigger, like it more now days thou.

oh thought of two more.. xm8, and the scar stock.

• Supporters

Those MP5 mags are surprisingly good, my mate has one for if his mids&lows break.

doesn't hold many rounds but gets a lot out before you need to wind.

I'm with Hubert in that threes isn't anything I ddon't like (except jbbg and be) some guns look weird to me but I know other love them for the same reason

they may be a godd weopon but for some reason i just don't like m4 don't get me wrong they're a great gun but i just don't like them for some reason but strangely enough i likr SCARs which is just a M4 in a body kit and i like HK417 which is practicaly another M4 in a body kit if you think thats weird guns my dads friend is getting a winchester repeater airsoft gun lever action and everything for £180.

scar's always hated them. and before i held them i always liked the ACR, now i used to own one, i loathe it, and because i saw it on homefront i like it again. but i wouldn't want to use one airsoft (possibly real steel) but otherwise no :angry:

Never realised how many weapon designs that I really hate before I posted this thread..

Sorry, but thougth of two today that just cant go unmentioned:

SA80 trigger & trigger guard. also some other small details that are not too pleasing to the eye and it's very chuncky looking.. saying that I really liked the design when I as a kid saw it for the first time

sa801.jpg

and the ak74 standard magazine... I know many of the rifles in this thread people will disagree with, but does anyone like the look of the ak74 mag?

ak74.jpg

I actually like the AK74 mags. Something about them (the colour I think) that makes me just prefer them to an AK47.

And the SA80...

well, you've posted an A1. I'll agree, I hate the A1 trigger, purely because it's crap. It has all the areodynamics of a brick outhouse, it's too big nd bulky. However the A2 trigger I like, with that sleek 'snowcutter' design.

But hey it doesn't matter, I mean like the LSW which I think it looks nice. I've obviously got a screw lose somewhere! :lol:

Desert Eagle real steel are amazing to fire. Hard to use accurately, for sure, but i can forgive the look for the raw power in your hand.

i guess you shot that in american or somewhere then, only pistols ive shot are black powder revolvers like the lemat, fun to shoot though.

Desert Eagle real steel are amazing to fire. Hard to use accurately, for sure, but i can forgive the look for the raw power in your hand.

...admittedly I have not fired one but for raw power in your hand, that surly apply to any high caliber handgun? The weight of it is just silly and I can't see anyone carry it around in combat, that and the fact that there are so many of them made in a "shiny" finish just fuels my belief that it us just for showoff. If it's in a hollywood movie, in the hands of a criminal/dept collector or on the range/shelf of someone with more money than taste/sense.

i guess you shot that in american or somewhere then, only pistols ive shot are black powder revolvers like the lemat, fun to shoot though.

Thou semi-automatic handguns are allowed in almost all countries, correct me if I'm wrong? I got really shocked when I came to the UK and realized they where banned..

I actually like the AK74 mags. Something about them (the colour I think) that makes me just prefer them to an AK47.

And the SA80...

well, you've posted an A1. I'll agree, I hate the A1 trigger, purely because it's crap. It has all the areodynamics of a brick outhouse, it's too big nd bulky. However the A2 trigger I like, with that sleek 'snowcutter' design.

But hey it doesn't matter, I mean like the LSW which I think it looks nice. I've obviously got a screw lose somewhere! :lol:

It's the colour of the ak74 mags, and the look of the material that really freaks me out.

I cant say I know a lot about SA80, but when I googled A2, this is what came up... still not impressed..

ICS-851.jpg

Thou I found this, with a normal trigger, as well:

L85A1.gif

That second L85...

It isn't an A2. That much I know.

The trigger looks like a prototype that Enfield decided against (a few were put on pre-production XL70E- models that got sent out)

But the gun's chassis/frame/reciever...something looks 'wrong'. I'm reminded of a very old GBB some Tiwanese company made (due to the hole in the bottom of the buttplate, which said GBB had an external gas-hose plug into) and one or two plastic springers that used to be on the market. And there's something about the whole mag-well area that looks 'wrong' as well.

That's something weird right there.

personally i love the look of the sa80

what i do hate is the FAMAS, just looks wrong and chunky

Yeah, Any pistol that isnt blackpowder or of design after 1900's is illegal, even with firearms license, only police can carry them. Collectors can only have De-acts or blanks.

Its bloody Crap as due to the law regarding pistols it also means that all legal guns have to be of a certain Length, Which anpyed me as i got a GSG-5 (MP5), Now i wanted unsilenced virsion and collapsable stock, but that would make it illegal as with the stock folded it would be classed as a machine pistol. so i was like ok fair enough i can see the issue there, so i got the fixed stock......It then came with a silencer, now i was like nice, free mod, then when i removed the suppressor i noticed it was a dud, designed for the looks but not for function(it is now as took it to gunsmith) when i asked why they said the barrel had to be of a minimal length to be legal.

Which is still fair, but bloody anoying, as it measn my "compact" MP5 sub-machine gun, is the same length as my ar-15 almost.

...admittedly I have not fired one but for raw power in your hand, that surly apply to any high caliber handgun? The weight of it is just silly and I can't see anyone carry it around in combat, that and the fact that there are so many of them made in a "shiny" finish just fuels my belief that it us just for showoff. If it's in a hollywood movie, in the hands of a criminal/dept collector or on the range/shelf of someone with more money than taste/sense.

If you knew what it was made for you would understand:

1) Close range assaniations, You WILL NOT take a .50 AE round and live

2) Tank crews, Large amount of fire power in a 'small' weapon (Instead of an AR for example)

It is from Israel, what do you expect.

If you knew what it was made for you would understand:

1) Close range assaniations, You WILL NOT take a .50 AE round and live

2) Tank crews, Large amount of fire power in a 'small' weapon (Instead of an AR for example)

It is from Israel, what do you expect.

It was also designed due to both Israeli and American experience of (suicide) truck bombers in the 70s.

Whilst a .45 would take down a man - it was woefully inadequate against vehicles. It would take a lot of ammunition to take out an incoming truck - it was found that the .50AE round to the engine block would severely hamper the progress of a 6X6 truck loaded with explosives. Put it in a pistol and a lot of people suddenly had quick and easy access to a truck-stopping weapon.

Archived