Magpul!!!

skillfulmmd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guy's I was just wondering what your opinions are on Magpul as a company what is stuff like and so on, and am I the only one that thinks they do some stupidly sexy stuff?

Regards,

Mark

• Supporters

My M4 will be truly unique (purely due to minimal fagpul and ris) and will include only the following fagpul components: B.A.D Lever, Folding trigger guard.

Possibly E-mags.

The rest of what they do as a company (airsoft wise) appeals to me about as much as a kick in the balls.

They may be that but they still look fantastic and perform as desired.

• Supporters

Tbh, its only needed for real firearms, airsoft the majority of them are just for looks, and perform as well as any others.

I can't see a need as its so expensive just for some aesthetics... which don't even look that great for the most part.

...why does an AEG need an MOE handguard? it only gives less battery space when the gun is front wired... why does someone need a MOE stock or grip, a little more comfort huh? well guess what, look at 416 pistol grips! look at...oh wait, normal M4 stocks!

Magpul are amazing (but overused) , but people should think about the gun and if the £75 stock is worth it, or if having Official magpul stuff matters...ITS AIRSOFT FFS!

but when your firing real steel, comfort is a must, so as soon as i..say, made my own Private Military Group, i would buy M4's and load them with SOME comfortable magpul gear, and we must remember, magpul make awesome patches.. :P

• Supporters

In real steel u agree magpul is useful but in airsoft its just a waste of money- trust me I had a magpul phase and had the whole moe m4 with all the parts. So glad I got rid if it now, especially those stupid mbus sights- they were the worst parts.

and if you made a pmc, surely you'd want hk416's or something more reliable :P

HK416 yes obviously... but you know what i meant, but yeah, LEGIT Magpul waste of money, for an airsoft gun, rip-off magpul would look fine?

Magpul stuff us awful. I have the G&P Magpul MOE CQB and it's terrible that the fibre fittings are so solid and don't creak and flex. I hate the way the stock doesn't wobble on the tube and the whole thing feels solid in my hands. Are you getting the irony yet? :D

• Supporters

You just described every other g&p m4....

I've had two, one magpul one standard, both were exactly the.same quality wise- the moe had a different stock tube to reduce wobble- its a different spec to a standard one. The only advantage to magpul stuff is the looks..... if you like it.

Apart from the functional things like the bad lever

Back to the paying for the name discussion,

It's like buying a pair of jeans, you could either;

A- buy a good quality pair of jeans from tesco or sainsbury's for less than about £4

OR

B- buy some superdry jeans for stupid amounts of money

You just described every other g&p m4....

Yep, G&P make very good stuff, which is why most of my previous AEGs ended up with G&P furniture and parts on them. I was referring to every TM, CA, ICS and ACM AEG I ever owned from new. My G&P Magpul MOE cost me a massive £15 more than the G&P M4A1, so I was robbed for the Magpul and PTS logos on the furniture. Not exactly paying for the name :)

Next purchase is a G&P XM177E2 :D

i don't mine magpuls i bit of a hindrance in hi cap mags but ah well since i bought a box full from work

Id have to agree with most of what has been said hear 99% of the time when your buying magpul its for the name and I would agree all magpul parts realy achieve in airsoft is a diffrent look to your M4. Having said that there sling plate is wonderful if your running a 1 point sling, I also think there rifle length handguard is marverlus on those DMR builds, helps keep weight down and allowing you to have RIS only were you need it. There mags im not a huge fan of and I just cant get along with any of there stocks or grips. Intresting to see how much magpul hate there is out there.

Artist

Archived