Didn't know whatairsoft was 4 days ago now going on my first skirmish tomorrow

DABAS
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I thought I should post in the newbie forum after my first post a few days ago in the airgun and difference between bb thread and say a proper hello,I'm Off on my first skirmish tomorrow as I have decided that I don't want to waste money on a couple of two tone guns for me and my son and I am going 3 skirmish route and then buying two rif's.

Happily the club I am going skirmishing with said that kids can join their club at 11 which he will be in September,I always thought that it was 12 so I won't tell him and will surprise him just after his birthday with a shiny new gun and a surprise visit to the airsoft club.

Just a couple of questions,until I complete my three visits which two tone pistol(I say pistol as I presume they are alot cheaper than machine guns but if I can get a decent gun to keep us occupied until September that would be great) would any of you recommend so that my son and I can use for a bit of paper target practice in the garden I don't want to spend any more than £50.

Then once I've completed three skirmishes my budget would be around £300 to £400 for two guns.

I have been reading all the forums for the last three days and thanks for all the advice,as about a four days ago I nearly bought a two tone from justbbguns :o my thanks go out to marksman for me noticing one of his posts saying to steer well clear.

Thanks in advance(you see no sarcasm this time :D )

Dabas.

I'd say save the £50 and spend an extra £25 on both guns.

I would reccomend an MP5 of some description -they are small and light - for your son, and whatever you fancy for yourself.

What kind of rifle are you after?

Good idea about saving the £50 but I think it will be a bit hard for us to wait until September to not have anything to mess about with in the garden

To be honest I don't know the difference between all the rifles ,I am just going on recommendations .

But I will definitely buy two different ones once I've done 3 skirmishes so that my son and I can swop sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I'd advise you to buy two guns that use the same magazines. There's still plenty of scope for variation in the two guns, but if they use the same mags, you can cover each other for the eventuality of running out of ammo mid game :D

Plus, it makes you look professional :P

if you are looking to get something to occupy your son for a little bit theres alot for £50, if i was you i could get him a spring shotgun...

If you need help deciding what gun to get for your son (for skirmishing) you could go for almost everything, MP5's, M4's... im 12 and I use an M4 and im getting a Scar-L and i carry a lot of gear and it doesnt get to heavy and i will admit im fairly weak... maybe a plastic bodied M4 would be good for him, there light, long range, common and highly compatable with nearly all parts if he wants to modify the internals or externals... have a look at CA Sportlines, JG's and G&G's there all good guns, they cost around £130-180 which still leaves you enough money to get a G&P M4 (can't beat them for M4's without spending A LOT more)

Hope I helped,

Mitchell

Thanks for all the advice so far,

I have found this 2 tone shotgun http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Mossberg-M5...nt_ARQ3T.aspx?1 would any of you recommend it for using in the garden until I get my three visits.

The man who runs the airsoft club I have just joined said that I should get a couple of ics m4 commandos(he has got a deal with a supplier 10% discount ) for me and my son ( once i've got my ukara sorted )so that if one breaks down I can just swap the motors. Originally I was thinking about a src g36c for me and a ics m4 commando for my son but maybe I'm coming round to his way of thinking as I've been told that I can mod(silencer ,stock) my m4 to make it look different from my son's.

Also I would like to get a sniper rifle and a pistol at some stage any recommendations ?

Thanks.

• Supporters

If you live in or around Yorkshire you could drop into Patrol Base in Huddersfield, near Leeds.

They also have a website. But they'll stock everything you'll need to get started and they'll be able to advise you either face to face or over the phone on how to most effectively spend your money.

As far as salesman ship goes they want the best for you, even if it means they get no money at all. Chris, the owner, really ought to get a medal for his service.

They also have a repair shop so if you buy from them and something bad happens, they'll probably fix it for a discount. I would highly recommend them for customer service.

Also, for your first gun and £50 budget, it might be stretching it a bit but they sell a shortened M14 spring rifle for about £60.

Good luck getting into the sport, it's a fantastic weekend activity and it keeps you extremely fit.

Archived