Sniper Rifle Scope

Jake117
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm getting closer to my 18th birthday (yay :) and as soon as I am 18, I'm ordering my airsoft sniper rifle. I have been looking into scopes and found a nice one for £40. The only thing is that its illuminated and I was just wondering if you can use it without the illumination feature. I'm pretty sure you can but I really don't want to splash out £40 on something that I dont want.

Heres a link to the scope I mentioned link : http://airsoft-club.com/shop/scope/illumin...dot-rifle-scope

• Supporters

illuminated scopes work fine non-iluminated, just where the picture shows a red or green crosshair, it would be black (like a normal scope)

I'd say it's worth it, if only for cool factor, but what If you hover your black reticle over someone who is dressed in black, or it's getting late and it's winter - illuminated is needed.

better to have and not need than need and not have.

http://airsoft-club.com/shop/scope/illumin...per-rifle-scope OMG they do a blue illumintated one

also, what are you mounting it on?

Yer, I thought so. I just thought it would suck if you had to play with a bright green or red cross-hair in bright sunlight. Anyway thanks for the fast and precise answer, going to buy it asap :)

Also I have my heart set on an L96. Well is apparently one of the best cheap ones but the fps is too high so it might be better to just get a different make. Seeing as I have 4 agonizing months before I can finally buy my gun I'm going to buy the accessories first. Going to add a laser at a 45degree angle off of the scope rail.

I wouldn't bother with a laser on a sniper rifle tbh, it's just going to make you stand out.

also, the Well sniper rifles are not too hot for any site I've ever heard of? what is your FPS limit?

The MB01 is around 450+ and so are all other makes. I've been looking into the MB08 and it seems really good apart from the internals which are apparently bad, but seems good for a starter sniper as I can just upgrade the internals if I get really into sniping.

Ps the fps limit for snipers at combat south is 400, they would probably let me off around 440 but thats at a push. Out of interest is 400 the norm for airsoft sites?

Pss oh and about the laser, it's just for fun :) and it will come in useful when I get round to creating a cqb weapon as it's got a flashlight also built in

Normally its 500

I play at combat south and trust me, they won't let you over their limits.

When I've played they will let you over a bit but then impose rules such as no shooting within 10ft. My mate had a 350 aeg and the site only allows 328 and he got the old 10ft rule. That being said I really wouldn't want to risk it

• Supporters
When I've played they will let you over a bit but then impose rules such as no shooting within 10ft. My mate had a 350 aeg and the site only allows 328 and he got the old 10ft rule. That being said I really wouldn't want to risk it

That is also wrong. The fps is 328 FPS +7%= 350ish

It is low but the style of play at CSW means that there isn't any need for it to be higher, a well upgrade rifle (well as in good, not the company) will hit a good range on 400 anywa

O_o

That is stupidly low fps! most (every other I have ever seen) has 500fps - or maybe it's just us northeners are 'ard.

and no site would allow 40fps over the chrono for a sniper.

Yer, it was just a guess based on the assumption that they have a ridiculously stupid starting fps but I'm getting a sniper under 400 anyway (probably). Anyone know of any good sites near Portsmouth that have a 500 fps limit on snipers? I can drive so it can be far ish away

Why do you want a high FPS

Because in reality, the only thing that makes a sniper rifle better than an aeg is it's range and only being able to shoot 50 fps more than an aeg isn't really much of an advantage. I don't mind it seeing as I'm only starting off sniping but I would like to have the options to upgrade my sniper later.

I'm am right in thinking that fps and range are pretty much perfectly correlated?

• Supporters

No, fps makes a.difference, but only a very small one, the quality of theft hop up is moat important.

Get a tm VSR 10, the hop up is pretty much the best design and at less than 350 FPS, you will.still outrange almost everyone.

-sniping is expensive, full stop. Don't bother with a cheap Well clone gun, get a marui.

Saying that, any rifle will need a few hundred pounds worth of upgrades.

To be honest, you would beg better off with an aeg to start with.

No, fps makes a.difference, but only a very small one, the quality of theft hop up is moat important.

Get a tm VSR 10, the hop up is pretty much the best design and at less than 350 FPS, you will.still outrange almost everyone.

-sniping is expensive, full stop.

Aha, thats very usefull. I REALLY want a L96 so would it be worth getting a good after market hop up? How much would one cost? I know that sniping gets expensive but I know that I will love it. Im the kind of person that would rather sneak around to find the perfect spot and then wait for the one specaill kill than get 5 kills with an aeg. With that said Im going to get a aeg as well because I will get bored on occasion.

Archived