Competitive Airsoft

G-Force
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just been talking to Zak and some of the other guys on a different topic about doing a team match at some point which got me thinking about competitive airsoft. I would definately like to seemore tournament between different teams on a friendly competitive level. But more milsim type gameplay than a skirmish day where small teams have to acctually work together.

Any thaughts on this? :)

Professionally, for money, its a nice idea, and one day it will probably happen. Despite the laws the sport is still growing, as shown by the new sites and manufacturers popping up all over the place.

However, at the moment the sport is more of a hobby to most. One day, there will be enough sponsors on board to get it up to the likes of paint balling, and it might appear in TV format on Dave, or something. But, as another thread here discusses, airsofting just doesn't draw the crowds in like paint balling due to the lack of "accessibility".

And, think about the fact then when people start playing for money, honesty is more likely to go out the window. "Did i get hit, or was that a twig flicking into me?.... for £xxxx, it was definitely a twig".

----

Not professionally, just for fun but in a structured way, would be cool. I think that this doesnt happen due to the fact

a ) again its a hobby for a lot of people who cant commit 100% of the time due to family and work,

B ) sites can make more money by just inviting everyone along to have a fun day - and the money is needed to pay for insurance, land hire, marshals etc.

30 people at £25 each, would be 8 at £90 each.

Also, when you say small teams, what size are you thinking? 4, 6? Both teams would probably move as a single unit, and the game would be over quickly. Breaking into smaller teams, for stealth missions would probably mean a marshal would have to go with you, giving away your position anyway.

10, 12? More feasible, but much more difficult to find 24 dedicated players.

Just my thoughts. I dont have much to do at the mo.

I don't just google AI 5 man team comp I'm sure you will find something there,

I'm under the impression (might be wrong) that's it's done in diff catagorys like round 1 accuracy on a range. Round 2 building clearance. Final round head to head between the top scorers in the above rounds to decide the winner.

• Supporters

Is like to do a 5 man skirmish tournament, I think it'd be a great idea.

But. Marshalling could be a problem as cyrax said.

It'd be best with 10-15 man means but again, as cyrax says, finding enough dedicated players would be hard.

Saying that, CSW do evening games for 10 quid, with normally 15-20 a side, mainly playing smaller timed games or d day style defending and retreating games. It is a lot of fun and is quite competitive compared to normal

This game style is ideal, timing each team to see how long it takes them to complete an objective or capture a fort or base.

Professionally, for money, its a nice idea, and one day it will probably happen. Despite the laws the sport is still growing, as shown by the new sites and manufacturers popping up all over the place.

However, at the moment the sport is more of a hobby to most. One day, there will be enough sponsors on board to get it up to the likes of paint balling, and it might appear in TV format on Dave, or something. But, as another thread here discusses, airsofting just doesn't draw the crowds in like paint balling due to the lack of "accessibility".

And, think about the fact then when people start playing for money, honesty is more likely to go out the window. "Did i get hit, or was that a twig flicking into me?.... for £xxxx, it was definitely a twig".

----

Not professionally, just for fun but in a structured way, would be cool. I think that this doesnt happen due to the fact

a ) again its a hobby for a lot of people who cant commit 100% of the time due to family and work,

B ) sites can make more money by just inviting everyone along to have a fun day - and the money is needed to pay for insurance, land hire, marshals etc.

30 people at £25 each, would be 8 at £90 each.

Also, when you say small teams, what size are you thinking? 4, 6? Both teams would probably move as a single unit, and the game would be over quickly. Breaking into smaller teams, for stealth missions would probably mean a marshal would have to go with you, giving away your position anyway.

10, 12? More feasible, but much more difficult to find 24 dedicated players.

Just my thoughts. I don't have much to do at the mo.

I wasn't really talking about playing for money more about teams competing for fun after all its a hobby. As for game play I've played with a very small amount of people before and it's been very good due to the way the game was structured. For different matches different team sizes and for marshaling non uniformed marshal could be used. So if it's done properly there shouldn't be any problems.

Archived