Gun picture thread

M_P

4 minutes ago, xWebster said:

looks good, testing them out tomorrow? ;)

I wish... I'm at the Gaol tomorrow lol
Will probably be middle of April before I get back to a woodland game due to work schedules (which changed after i paid for this lol)

Everyone says the MK23 is huge but in its core form, it's not so bad. Hi Capa's are only a bit smaller (although the MK23 is wider than the hi capa, which is weird to me since they are both double stacked mags)20180224_180505.thumb.jpg.5d197ecf25dba57da9b223af594272ae.jpg

But when you chuck the LAM and the suppressor on... Erm..20180224_180556.thumb.jpg.df0e73c330536e5111f30dcb43d5a6c6.jpg

Suddenly it's huge lol. (LAM is unpainted because it's never been used, and doesn't fit in the kydex holster)

7 hours ago, Samurai said:

I just leave this here in reply to the above.

mk23supp.jpg.a36a73c3992d1a991d702e2adb2d5009.jpg

Does your srubby suppressor make it as quiet as the stock one? 

One of the only Airsoft guns that would benefit from proper noise profile suppressive techniques! 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Corky2110 said:

Does your srubby suppressor make it as quiet as the stock one? 

One of the only Airsoft guns that would benefit from proper noise profile suppressive techniques! 

Yes, it's about the same.

57 minutes ago, Iceni said:

New  LCT G3.

Pictures at The Grange Coventry, Taken by Airsoft press.

https://www.facebook.com/airsoftpress/

Kinda reminds me of some STALKER series :P

I'd only swap the hoodie with some kind of russian style warm hat and you're set :)

EDIT: fuq, i thought it was the loadout thread -.-

G3 is a gun i've wanted for ages to build a DMR.. how does it perform??

22 minutes ago, Skara said:

I'd only swap the hoodie with some kind of russian style warm hat and you're set :)

I got to fire one at the weekend (indoors but still) firstly HOLY BUJEEEESUS is it heavy!

Fairly snappy too, not too different from any other mid-high tier AEG, but the body feels amazing, the old stamped steel just feels fun to use, fitted mags with no wobble!

I would class this as a very collector style gun, however it does perform very well and would be a nice platform for a DMR build. :)

So somewhere along the line I left my railroad mindset of "2 x M4, 1 x sniper, 1 x pistol, and 1 x shotgun"
Ended up with
2 x M4 (with a 3rd one that needs fixing up, the CA LWRC cloest to the front)
1 x sniper
and 2 x pistol...

5a947f1ec413a_20180226_2128421.thumb.jpg.abdd2ab6f3e7d9bb63d22c5d6b76b1c1.jpg
Airsoft is addictive to spend on when you live with a parent still lol. 

12 hours ago, Skara said:

11 hours ago, Corky2110 said:

I got to fire one at the weekend (indoors but still) firstly HOLY BUJEEEESUS is it heavy!

Fairly snappy too, not too different from any other mid-high tier AEG, but the body feels amazing, the old stamped steel just feels fun to use, fitted mags with no wobble!

I would class this as a very collector style gun, however it does perform very well and would be a nice platform for a DMR build. :)

It's why it went in here and not in the load outs section. I'm not in any kit, Was a cold day so I decided with only 1 mag for that gun I was going to run in my warm jacket with a speedloader in one pocket, and a bottle of ammo in the other. Had I got into kit it would have been DPM since I don't have a German load out for the gun yet, But I can feel a Cold War 1960's kit might be in order. There are plenty of mag pouches up on Zib militaria, So I'll base a kit on what webbing and pouches are available.

I'm already thinking about wood furniture for it, Zib Militaria again have a full set for a reasonable price, I think the only modification you have to make is the removal of the steel recoil spring and guide, and a metal buffer. Once those parts are removed the stock is already hollow, and there is a hole that you can put a wire directly through! So it's a very simple conversion.

I also want a few more bits for it, The correct leather sling, A reproduction claw mount with something that looks like a Hensoldt Fero Z-24, The sight and claw don't need to be real steel a similar modern equivalent would be fine. I need a couple of high caps, and a couple more mid caps.

Performance wise it's a hard comparison to the shelf models. The UK supplier I got mine off had requested a factory downgrade. So it shoots at 300 fps, The regular shipped ones are shooting at 400fps to other markets. The hop looks to be a marui and works well. 6.02 tight bore is standard. Wire is silver plated, and it comes on small tam connectors.

7.4 30c lipo is generating about 15rps. Trigger response is snappy but the trigger pull is quite long.

I was able to get .25's to go sailing past the 80 mark on the range... Now what that 80 mark represents is up for debate, the site recon it's meters. Google maps on the other hand has more sensible number upon reflection :D

Using Google I was able to go from the safe zone to bunker hill without a problem, That is 65M/213ft, That was a straight shot and pretty consistent, but without accuracy.  40M/130ft was about where I could land a shot accurately without having to spam a lot of fire. Anything closer than that it was like a laser.

As for the collectors comment, I think the other way, this is a gun that can actually take the real abuse you want to give a rifle, Dive for cover with it and it's not going to snap or bend, Clout a tree running again no problem, Drop it you might chip the plastics but otherwise you will be able to pick it up and keep going with it. It's a rifle you can treat like a rifle, Rather than a rifle that you have to be super careful with all the time. In that regard I think it's worth it's price. Collectors will also want them, but I feel it's a wasted investment as you can look at a pot metal gun on a wall and never know it's virtually unusable.

You'll also notice I'm holding the mag in the pictures. There is a slight defect on the mid caps. There is a void on the front side of the feed assembly that allows the assembly to rotate slightly, It's enough to rotate the BB catch on the mag out of the hop tube. I've since shimmed the mag internally with a few strips of 6x5mm plastic to stop this. The mag feeds perfectly now (the shims went in the front side of the mag, and I made a small block to prevent it been pushed directly down. It's the only part of the gun I think LCT messed up on. But it's a 5 minute fix so no biggie.

4 hours ago, madmogga said:

Thought id share my Family photo's

229.thumb.JPG.9c25c6b614e93e098c879b952feb722b.JPG230.thumb.JPG.b28852ca6d328bc40c2ac116bf11d377.JPG

heh ... and I was worry that I have too many.... we don't count side arms do we :P:) 

16 minutes ago, Arwen said:

How do you decide what to use?! I'm bad enough with two :blink:

oh that's easy i just take them all .....:D

but to be honest i play both indoor and out so the guns fps are set for the various sites i play

2 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

I should be able to hit something now, right?

20180228_185042.jpg

is that your CQB set up ? because i think you need a flashlight 

No chance of finding a holster for this now!

TM desert eagle with guarder metal kit, uprated recoil springs, high output gas valves and nineball 10" slide kit. Still waiting on a guarder front sight and some new grips to complete (afg isn't staying on, just thought it was funny). May run it as a primary once I have a few more mags.

25yzmoh.jpg

Thought I’d post this here as well, latest iteration of my Krytac Vector

Genuine KRISS rail, barrel shroud and stock adaptor, clone Elcan DR sight with kill flash & flip-cover, clone Magpul UBR gbb stock, clone FAB Defence PTK grip & thumb rest, Nuprol NX400 torch, Battleaxe D-60 drum mag converted by me for the Vector.

JPA 363mm 6.01 tightbore with Mapleleaf hop rubber & nub, firing  365fps on 0.2’s.

No idea of range but flies straight & level to the end of my garden (40m)

5d66cEd.jpg