Mystery Broken piece from Tokyo Marui GBB pistol

DanB Airsoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've noticed a small piece broken off of my Tokyo Marui XDM.40. The gun seems to function normally despite this. It is shaped like an L with the horizontal Lower area being larger and more rectangular, while the vertical area is thinner. The break occurred on the side of this vertical bit. I can't seem to post photos so I do understand that this is vague. I can't find where it was internally, everything seems normal. There is a small area of discolouring indicating rubbing/movement.

Anyone own a Marui GBB and have an idea what it could be/where they're usually weak. Cheers!

Thanks for that but still can't match the piece with any on the diagram. I'm assuming that the break occurred in either the frame housing or the loading nozzle areas but searched through and can't seem to find anything off. The gun still shoots and performs fine, would you say continued use is okay?

Thanks

• Root Admin

Yeh, I can't figure out where it is either, but I thought more eyes might help.

If it works then it's I guess alright. Should be easy to pick out sheered-off plastic due to discolouration, but without hands on it it's going to be basically impossible to figure out. If you're worried then maybe make a full disassembly? Here's hoping it's just a minor parts of the frame and not anything to do with the actual blow back mechanism.

Could also be off a magazine, but unlikely by the looks of it.

Yeh, I can't figure out where it is either, but I thought more eyes might help.

If it works then it's I guess alright. Should be easy to pick out sheered-off plastic due to discolouration, but without hands on it it's going to be basically impossible to figure out. If you're worried then maybe make a full disassembly? Here's hoping it's just a minor parts of the frame and not anything to do with the actual blow back mechanism.

Could also be off a magazine, but unlikely by the looks of it.

Here's a couple more photos. Yeah it seems fine. I just fired it again though and it locked back prematurely which is a first. Not sure if that's an indicator of anything. I'm pretty sure its the frame but only time will tell, I think a full disassembly would be more hassle than its worth, I don't have a great understanding of GBB lower internals. I've checked out everything and it all looks normal inc mags so must be something a bit deeper.

The predator ultra probably wasn't helping anything so I've ordered in some 144a for longevity.

Cheers for the help

post-14701-0-21767900-1484587180_thumb.jpg

post-14701-0-35420700-1484587184_thumb.jpg

Looks like an issue with the gas being too powerful for the pistol causing increased pressure on the slide lock. Only myself to blame.

Can anyone with a better understanding than me confirm this is the case?

Thanks

post-14701-0-90128600-1484589759_thumb.jpg

post-14701-0-66099000-1484589766_thumb.jpg

post-14701-0-22264700-1484589776_thumb.jpg

post-14701-0-41528800-1484589795_thumb.jpg

Archived