ak 47 advice

Elts7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

evening all.

im looking to get an ak47 to replace my ksg. i have around 300 to spend on a gun and accessories.

ive seen cyma are a reasonable make but how accurate can you make them? not too bothered about real wood askong as theyre going to be competative with other guns.

thanks

The G&G rk47 is a good ak and I have one as my backup if my real sword goes wrong.

You should be aware that the "elite" ak versions are not light as the cheaper ak's but a lot tougher especially the real swords (technically an ak variant).

• Supporters

My old cm028s just keeps going, it's nice and snappy on the trigger (7.4v Lipo), great range (once bedded in), mags are cheap.

I tend to use it as my loan gun, as it's ultra reliable :)

• Supporters

Cymas are very good internally. 028 is the workhorse, and you can get pot metal or steel versions too for a some extra dough. They are accurate as any other gun. Clean it, don't use silicone in it, and use heavy and good BBs.

Cymas are very good internally. 028 is the workhorse, and you can get pot metal or steel versions too for a some extra dough. They are accurate as any other gun. Clean it, don't use silicone in it, and use heavy and good BBs.

okay was looking at a 74 tactical as i like the operator look of them. got any exeperience?

are there any mods youd reccomend and what bb weight do you suggest. highly tempted by one tbh

• Supporters

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152203536-CM040I-Assault-Rifle-Replica.html

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/cm-040i-cm?from=listing&campaign-id=19

These two are similar, but have steel receiver while the G&G's is pot metal.

Cleaning is needed, Taiwangun likes to put too much grease in it. Nothing else.

For around 350 fps I use 0.28g BBs. If you shoot a lot, then 0.25. Geoffs' are great.

• Supporters

Flat hop lets you use heavier BBs. You don't need heavier BBs than 0.30 in a 350fps gun. Flat or R-hop doesn't make the gun more accurate. Heavy BB does.

Cyma has quite good barrel too, no need to change it.

It's starting to look like I get percentage after every Cyma gun sold. :) I'll shut up.

Archived