Would you eotech

TinySeal
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If its only for you then does it matter if it's real or a clone? As said previously there is no gain in airsoft just the potential of getting a expensive bit of kit broken.

To me it does but that's only because I'm really bad OCD when it comes to anything military , even down to laces in boots ( yeah I'm that bad ) and as I've said in a previous post I have a bit of money behind me so I just wanted to treat myself , I know there wouldn't be any gain in it .

• Supporters

If its only for you then does it matter if it's real or a clone?

Any purchase in airsoft is based on what the purchaser wants, so 'matter' is a 100% subjective term.

Do people actually use nightvision at airsoft?

Plenty. You'll hardly ever see it at 1-day skirmishes but loads come out a milsim games.

It all comes down to a few things.

1. Cost (If you can afford RS then why not.)

2. Usability (I've tried plenty of clones and some expensive copies at that and some just don't last/work.)

3. Personal choice. (Its down to each person what they like or don't like and if they think its worthwhile.)

I have some really expensive optics and I do use them as I know they maintain zero, I've tried cheap ones and most of the time they don't, even some reputable makes can't handle the recoil on a GBB.

What's the point in having them as really expensive wall hangers! Much better idea to use them than to be a waste of money sitting there collecting dust

What's the point in having them as really expensive wall hangers! Much better idea to use them than to be a waste of money sitting there collecting dust

I'd use the hell out of it plus whatever else I would purchase .

• Supporters

Non of that changes the fact that no one forces a person to admit something is "genuine". I personally don't have any issue with it, but this is unequivocal.

How do you mean 'admit'? Not really sure what that's driving at?

How do you mean 'admit'? Not really sure what that's driving at?

Heh, thought about that word when I wrote it, I mean it to emphasis that it is a choice to mention it. But as I said, I don't have any thoughts about it either way and I'll freely "admit" that I would buy real steel stuff if it was in my budget.

• Supporters

I mean I never tell anyone what gun/gear/red dot/whatever I'm running at a game if they don't ask, but if they ask, then I'll be honest whether it's a £20 ACM EoTech or a RS Aimpoint T-1. Pretty sure that's the norm for 99%? In all my years playing, I've never had someone stride up to me and inform me (without being asked) about how much their ballistic ops-core cost or how much their PTW has hit their wallet. Never seen it happen either; apparently it does which is sad to hear, but in over 10 years of airsoft I've never seen it and I've been to some milsims with some mega-geared-up guys cutting about.

Online if I'm posting in a loadout or gun thread or something along those lines then sometimes I say what the kit it is (sort of the point a lot of the time) with a kit/part list, sometimes I don't.

I have used both a cheapo no name clone £35 EoTech 552 and one made by G&P which is arguably the second best clone EoTech 552 at about £100, i've heard it sits just below the one made Hurricane which i have heard are the best clones out there but they cost something like £120 but i have never used them.

Problem i noted with both the cheapo clone and the G&P one

• Is that they are both NOT holosights but Red Dot Sights dressed up to look like holosights
  • Because they are RDSs they need a mirrored front which darkens the sight slightly
  • They could never hold zero even on an AEG let alone a GBBR
  • When you turned the zeroing screws for say up it would go up but at a slight angle say up and right
  • They both suffered distortion though admittedly the G&P less than the cheapo one
  • In the rain both suffered with fogging which took forever to clear

In the end i bought a Real Steel EoTech 552 and immediately noticed

• It is a holosight
  • No Mirrored front so lens are clear through and through
  • It CAN hold zero absolute, set it once and never need to set it again unless you move it to a different gun
  • When zeroing say up and down, turning the screws moves the sight UP and DOWN only
  • What i aim at (if in range) i will hit
  • Does not suffer distortion even at some extreme angles
  • Does NOT fog as the holo chamber is hermatically sealed and filled with nitrogen
  • My guns are more likely to break down before the sight does, its built like a brick outhouse

And yes whilst it can be shot out i put in place a Guns Modify lens protector made for EoTechs so that one stray shot wouldn't damage the sight, i think it would take a 700FPS and not break but why risk it when a lens protector is just a tenner:

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/pc-eotech-lens-protector-guns-modify?filter_name=lens%20protector

I only paid £250 for my EoTech as it was second hand but came with the hard-case, accessories and manual and I know a site seller who is selling Real Steel EoTechs for £250, and before you cry who do you know its real? EoTech published a document showing what signs to look out for when purchasing EoTechs to tell if they are real or fake and whilst some of these can be replicated, the majority can't.

https://thecounterfeitreport.com/product/193/EOtech-552-Holographic-Weapon-Sights.html

http://www.eotechinc.com/sites/default/files/client/recognizing-counterfeit-sights_0.pdf

In the end i'd say buy cheap, buy twice

Heres a pic of me using my G&G MP5A5 at a skirmish with a real steel EoTech 552 attached, you can see the lens protector has been attached and fits seamlessly.

gxTYXvj.jpg?1

Another pic or me using the RS EoTech 552 on my G&P MOTS M4 (Now converted to a Salient M4 without that horrible Jailbreaker front end), its permanently attached to this rifle now and i'm in the process of getting another EoTech 552 for my MP5.

kjxIGqK.jpg?2

Shizbazki

I'm interested in an Eotech - got a Vortex Spar 2 which is great but I really wanted an Eotech at the time. Can you put me in touch with site seller who has some for sale.Cheers.

I've seen this on eBay but it's £600 ahaha EOTech EXPS3-0 Holographic Weapon Sight 68 MOA Circle with 1 MOA Dot Reticle TAN CR123 Battery , looks a beauty but think it's over kill on a £450 ghk m4 .

While I will say each to there own on the EoTech I won't in a million years ever agree with any airsofter wearing hard armour. Biggest issue in airsoft is people not taking hits and thats not because of cheating it's because of people wearing too much kit. Anything more than gloves,kneepads and face and head protection should be banned.

I am so sick of shooting people and them not calling it because they have an inch of padding.

Plates in airsoft is a bloody joke.

Hard plates in airsoft probably makes it a lot easier to call than those foam mock inserts some people have. At least you'll hear a crack.

Only time I didn't call a hit is when a BB glanced the side of a pouch on my back, always heard or felt them otherwise.

Archived