Scorpion evo or Krytak CRB?

Kash
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

There are a few Marui original AEGs out there running bone stock on at least 50k+ shots, I know people who've maybe swapped out a piston and gone way past 100k on the same sorts of guns. Yeah it varies between brands, but over-maintenance is very much a thing and taking stuff apart causes wear, wear that's rarely needed to be caused. AEGs are not in general particularly dependant on cleaning and re-lubricating in terms of the inners of the gearbox, I've got multiple electric guns in my cupboard from different manufacturers that've sat there for nearly 10 years without ever being cracked open and still work exactly as expected. Maybe gain a little range with a new hop bucking? Quite possibly, but not much.

If you did somehow get sand or grit in to the grease on your piston rails or whatever then yeah that's definitely a serious problem, but congrats if you do manage that. Most AEGs are a lot like RS M4s, extremely closed up/closed system. Once you've got a mag in, the chances of crap getting physically inside the gearbox are seriously small, can't say I've ever seen it myself. I'm sure it happens occasionally and if you dive on a pile of sand with no mag in your gun and badly-mated set of receivers then maybe.. but even then it's unlikely.

I've not been into many M4s, but some of the grot that comes out of hire G36s needs to be seen to be believed! Having said that, they are usually still spitting out BBs, just not always very quickly or in one specific direction. I appreciate what you're saying about over servicing, and 'if it ain't bust, don't fix it.'

We don't expect cars to run forever as long as we wash them one a week, but get them serviced at the right interval and they should last for years. Our toys are the same.

Yup, think what you need to see there is "hire" G36s, you are talking about guns that are not treated with any mechanical respect or owned by the people using them. Which implies a far harder life.... If you were after a race spec motorcycle, would you buy one that was an ex demonstrator? I'd not.

I've had a very boring night shift to contemplate the difference between maintenance and servicing. You're right, I'm wrong, keep it clean and fix it when it needs it.

Think I'm too used to owning highly strung two stroke motorcycles, where you're engaged in the perpetual battle with £1 parts that fail and cause a grands worth of damage...

Archived