Scorpion evo or Krytak CRB?

Kash
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello

Me and a few friends are looking to buy guns as were now registered, as ive already posted a few times in the scorpion evo thread a few times, this is kinda what ive had my eyes on, we all have around 300 - 350 budget for the gun alone.

Ive also heard very good things said about the krytak trident mk2 crb.

is one better than the other or are they comparable?

are there any other comparable guns around this price mark?

Cheers in advance.

were goin patrol base to have a play around on friday, just wanting some suggestions of what else to look at aswell if anyone has any

I am biased but have owned a Scorpion Evo3 and numerous Krytacs (SDP, PDW, SPR). I prefer the Krytacs and out of the Krytacs I prefer my PDW (although I've done some ergonomic mods to it).

_20161217_113053_zpszqnezwn7.jpg

Any particular reasons?

The only thing that puts me off the Scorpion is the 75 round mag rather than 150s of other platforms

Any particular reasons?

The only thing that puts me off the Scorpion is the 75 round mag rather than 150s of other platforms

Yup, I have an 850 BB hi-cap in the PDW, I also found the mags on the Evo to be a bit unreliable (but that could have just been mine). Although the evo shot really well I get better range and accuracy out of my PDW. The battery compartment on the Evo was a fiddly bugger too

The battery compartment on the Evo was a fiddly bugger too

How is it on the krytak? also does the mosfet in there warn you when the battery is low like the evo?

now I have a buffer tube it is ace lol. TBH, the battery compartment on the PDW (and SDP) are small but are easy to use.

I don't think it does, but I never run my batteries that low anyway as always change them at lunchtime.

My preferred battery is not the recommended one so I also don't recommend it. However, I run an 11.1v 1450mAh 30C Nuprol stick with no issues. I fire semi mainly, couldn't care less about ROF, those that chase it are not generally airsofters I wish to play against or emulate. It does however have a very snappy trigger and I have no complaints about getting a BB out the barrel whenever I need one.

In my opinion a Krytac PDW pumping out 350fps is currently about as good as you can get if you can get it to run sweet on a high C 11.1v LiPo, it was an utter beast with the 30k motor fitted too, but I switched back to the 20k as occasionally suffered with overspin.

im assuming a 7.4 would be fine since theyre comparable to the 9.6 nimhs

ignore that, saw the answer about 5 threads down.

Krytac suggest 7.4, but I have spoken to a Krytac rep who has said the Mk2 Tridents at 350fps should be fine with the 11.1v LiPos, I only have owned Mk1s however

How is it on the krytak? also does the mosfet in there warn you when the battery is low like the evo?

Made the mistake of running my CRB lipo too low at the weekend, no warning. Am tempted to fit a power guard in the stock plate, but as mentioned, may be easier to buy a spare battery and change at lunch. Probably easier, cheaper and neater lol

• Supporters

Hello

Me and a few friends are looking to buy guns as were now registered, as ive already posted a few times in the scorpion evo thread a few times, this is kinda what ive had my eyes on, we all have around 300 - 350 budget for the gun alone.

Ive also heard very good things said about the krytak trident mk2 crb.

is one better than the other or are they comparable?

are there any other comparable guns around this price mark?

Cheers in advance.

Scorpion all the way. I use mine both indoor and outdoor. It's just an excellent piece of kit. The range is outstanding. Running an 11.1v battery with an M100 spring and Cursed 0.28g bbs. Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant. Love it

So, with the purchase of a Krytac, since you guys own one, would you do anything to it, lube or anything wise before a first game? Or just get out n start breaking in the hop rubber shooting everything that moves?

Also i keep hearing the only real maintenance required for AEGs is a microfiber cloth through the end of a cleaning rod with some silicone oil to clean it out now and then. Does that sound about right?

cheers again.

Anything with moving parts will need some maintenance. Lubrication will pick up contaminants and become less effective. Oil and grease will tend to be displaced from where it needs to be. Dust and dirt can become compacted in hard to reach places and prevent full and proper movement of components. Electrical connections will corrode and degrade over time, particularly if they're switching high currents and subject to arcing.

That's not to say the thing needs to be in pieces every five minutes, but there's quite a few high stressed parts in an AEG which will wear and fail in quite short order if you don't look out for them.

+1 for not letting silicone near the barrel group. If it gets on the bucking it'll bugger up your hop and it's a pain to get rid of.

That's not to say the thing needs to be in pieces every five minutes, but there's quite a few high stressed parts in an AEG which will wear and fail in quite short order if you don't look out for them.

Really? How quickly should a person expect their AEG to last if all they do from new is keep the barrel clean? Are you saying it wouldn't last a skirmish or it's warranty period, or a year, or 2 years?

Maybe I should have said 'can' rather than 'will'. Lower quality components (in anything) can last OK of you look after them, but even the best stuff is going to suffer if it's running in a mix of grease and grit.

Maybe I should have said 'can' rather than 'will'. Lower quality components (in anything) can last OK of you look after them, but even the best stuff is going to suffer if it's running in a mix of grease and grit.

Aye, not having a pop but it is kinda scaremongering to say parts WILL fail in SHORT order. The internals of a good quality AEG (like either the Evo3 or the Tridents) used weekly should not NEED any maintenance for at least a year .

Archived