What do you think

AirWalk-13
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Ive got mates queuing up to give it a go, one or two of them caught the bug and are now full airsofters

It does seem to be on the uprise but there are still a few that dont understand it, how do you feel/think when your output may have had an influence on others to actually give it a go ?

It does seem to be on the uprise but there are still a few that dont understand it, how do you feel/think when your output may have had an influence on others to actually give it a go ?

Im happy that it is growing as long as the right honest players get involved.

unfortunately, yes.

Can you explain why, im curious?

It seems that as the numbers increase so does the amount of cheating and unfortunately it seems to be a higher % increase in cheating than it is in numbers playing so those joining the game are overall not beneficial to others enjoyment of the game (not in any way saying all new players are the same, just that the ratio of bad sportsmanship is rising faster than the ratio of new players).

I also find that a game area has a limit of how many players on each team should be on it and when this limit is smashed due to a sites popularity it also ruins the flow of games and turns them into utter ammo-fests with no skilled gameplay.

I am also finding that as it becomes more popular the site I play at regularly is adding new bull crap rules.... the bang rule for example and MEDs for all guns. We are getting new players whinging that they are losing or can't break through so we are being told we have to split up our "team" to give them a chance. I generally don't care if our side wins or loses, as long as I have a laugh and can play alongside my mates so to be told I can't do so will stop me spending my money at that site. Now a site that has over 150 folk playing will not miss me if I stop going and it would miss all the fresh new players as money is money at the end of the day and a site has to be run as a business, but if it runs out all the regulars who play well together it is a bit like saying "thanks for your loyalty and money, now f off!"

It seems that as the numbers increase so does the amount of cheating and unfortunately it seems to be a higher % increase in cheating than it is in numbers playing so those joining the game are overall not beneficial to others enjoyment of the game (not in any way saying all new players are the same, just that the ratio of bad sportsmanship is rising faster than the ratio of new players).

I also find that a game area has a limit of how many players on each team should be on it and when this limit is smashed due to a sites popularity it also ruins the flow of games and turns them into utter ammo-fests with no skilled gameplay.

I am also finding that as it becomes more popular the site I play at regularly is adding new bull crap rules.... the bang rule for example and MEDs for all guns. We are getting new players whinging that they are losing or can't break through so we are being told we have to split up our "team" to give them a chance. I generally don't care if our side wins or loses, as long as I have a laugh and can play alongside my mates so to be told I can't do so will stop me spending my money at that site. Now a site that has over 150 folk playing will not miss me if I stop going and it would miss all the fresh new players as money is money at the end of the day and a site has to be run as a business, but if it runs out all the regulars who play well together it is a bit like saying "thanks for your loyalty and money, now f off!"

That is a good reply its just the kind of thing i have thought but its the same everywhere with anything really, its does seem to come down to the sportsmanship of the players excatly mate..

Im happy that it is growing as long as the right honest players get involved.

Can you explain why, im curious?

Thats all it takes is honest players theres no point playing if you arent going to do so properly

In last month i have converted my daughter my sisters fella and my cousin. And have another cousin joining it next two weeks.

Reading Pts post he makes a great point. Thankfully the site i currently play there has been minimal cheating and the players really help new players to get stuck in and have fun.

• Supporters

I have come across more dickheads in the last six months than I have in the previous few years. Seen several incidents of people nearly coming to blows. I have met the first player I have really wanted to hit myself and I walked out of a game for the first time ever because the play was so bad.

Too many cheats, too many walts and way too many people who leave their manners at home and go on an ego trip when playing.

This is why I am considering dropping out of airsoft other than playing private games with a few friends. Haven't played since early October and I am not missing it at all.

Words to the wise to all the new players

Cheating is bad

Taking it too serious is bad

Power gaming on an ego trip is bad

Gobbing off at people when adrenaline fuelled and thinking you are safe because someone won't actually punch you in the face isn't just bad it's blatantly stupid.

Yeah, it simply just does make sense. More players, means more cheaters. Oddly, I've never come across any cheaters at gunman, and there were no scenes of cheaters on the whole site, no one shouting "CALL YOUR F*CK*NG HITS" or stuff like that.

But, I don't understand why people cheat. People see them not take the hit, there's no point. And with airsoft, in a game I don't care if we win or lose - like yourself. I just want to shoot, get shot, and just have fun.

Man i really hate seeing all us new players put down because some idiots dont call their hits. Ive only been play 3 months but its really fustraiting seeing you hit the guy. Then flinch and carry on shooting!

I mean ive introducted a few friends into it and i made myself clear that i dont want anything to do with them in the game if they cheat as its all about honesty and thats what makes the day fun! None of this arguing malarkee.

Just hate us all getting bad named over them cocks who arent sportsman like!

I have come across more dickheads in the last six months than I have in the previous few years. Seen several incidents of people nearly coming to blows. I have met the first player I have really wanted to hit myself and I walked out of a game for the first time ever because the play was so bad.

Too many cheats, too many walts and way too many people who leave their manners at home and go on an ego trip when playing.

This is why I am considering dropping out of airsoft other than playing private games with a few friends. Haven't played since early October and I am not missing it at all.

Words to the wise to all the new players

Cheating is bad

Taking it too serious is bad

Power gaming on an ego trip is bad

Gobbing off at people when adrenaline fuelled and thinking you are safe because someone won't actually punch you in the face isn't just bad it's blatantly stupid.

I agree 100% mate it doesnt cost anything to be curtious, be nice & respectful to others manners are a must & naturally you respect players more for following the rules instead of basically making there own, but surely you cant drop out of it mate its something your interested in so theres no point letting others put your interest in it down, stick at it theres a few dicksheads everywhere but its just the same with anything its life lol, i also agree with the people gobbing off thinking there better than most but expecting the unexpected is the way to go, overall this is a very good reply m8 good job (y)

Yeah, it simply just does make sense. More players, means more cheaters. Oddly, I've never come across any cheaters at gunman, and there were no scenes of cheaters on the whole site, no one shouting "CALL YOUR F*CK*NG HITS" or stuff like that.

But, I don't understand why people cheat. People see them not take the hit, there's no point. And with airsoft, in a game I don't care if we win or lose - like yourself. I just want to shoot, get shot, and just have fun.

Thats it there mate its all about having fun & having good crack at the end of the day, there is no point in half assed playing.

Agree with the too many players at a site bit.

I went to the Malls Halloween game t'other week and was limited to 30 plus a few marshals played so under 40 people and it was the best session of airsoft I had ever had. Did not come across any aspect of cheating, there was one game where the rules were a bit shaky and people didn't quite know what the medic rules were and what to do if hit whilst waiting to medic etc but has so much fun.

Usually on larger group days (Sundays) or at outdoor sites there is always a bit of dubious behavior.

But much much prefer smaller groups of regular players.

Although without airsoft getting more popular it would cease to exist, if we did not have sites getting busier, we would not have new sites or old ones expanding/changing their layout, we would have no new tech, no new guns, why would TM or Krytac bother bringing over guns if the market over here started going backwards.

Like with everything its good and bad, most of us on here love the hobby as we have been playing it for some time, have our equipment and know how we like to play and can pick and choose which games to goto and know of those little gem or private games which will be regulars and no noobs or walts.

I think as long as there are more options for us its a win!

However PT247 is dead right about sites not caring about regulars and only about money, if this becomes normal it is detrimental to our games and hopefully this is not the case everywhere...!!

• Supporters

I agree 100% mate it doesnt cost anything to be curtious, be nice & respectful to others manners are a must & naturally you respect players more for following the rules instead of basically making there own, but surely you cant drop out of it mate its something your interested in so theres no point letting others put your interest in it down, stick at it theres a few dicksheads everywhere but its just the same with anything its life lol, i also agree with the people gobbing off thinking there better than most but expecting the unexpected is the way to go, overall this is a very good reply m8 good job (y)

I won't quit completely I just won't attend public games anymore. I play more private games than normal skirmishes anyway so its no biggie for me.

Airsoft for me is all about the camaraderie and fun so as that seems to slipping away its losing it's appeal for me.

I hear too many people getting arsey and shouty and its annoying. I think marshalls need to be more proactive on player behaviour and players need to learn to chill out. I am so tired of hearing people bitch when they get shot because at the end of the day thats what you go for.

I knew I was getting tired of it a while ago when I heard two players plotting to get me thrown out of a game, thats sort of thing is not what airsoft is about its honour based.

So yeah while airsoft growing is good for the business side of things I think maybe not so for the players unless sites clamp down on the idiots.

So yeah while airsoft growing is good for the business side of things I think maybe not so for the players unless sites clamp down on the idiots.

Basically it!!

Once profit over players becomes prevalent its a slow demise

I knew I was getting tired of it a while ago when I heard two players plotting to get me thrown out of a game, thats sort of thing is not what airsoft is about its honour based.

You are going to have to elaborate on the reason they were trying to do that!!

You are going to have to elaborate on the reason they were trying to do that!!

guessing it was noobs tryin to get a win by any means, but what excactly happened though mate?

I won't quit completely I just won't attend public games anymore. I play more private games than normal skirmishes anyway so its no biggie for me.

Airsoft for me is all about the camaraderie and fun so as that seems to slipping away its losing it's appeal for me.

I hear too many people getting arsey and shouty and its annoying. I think marshalls need to be more proactive on player behaviour and players need to learn to chill out. I am so tired of hearing people bitch when they get shot because at the end of the day thats what you go for.

What happened mate why did they try get you threw out ?

• Supporters

What happened mate why did they try get you threw out ?

It happened a while ago but it was the first thing that made me start realising how much of a nob some airsofters are.

I was at my local site down stairs wondering around in the dark corridors shooting an enemy or two when I overheard two players discussing me. They were getting a bit upset that I kept getting the upper hand when they were trying to get me. Unknown to them while they were discussing how they were going to report me for none hit taking and blind firing and other infractions I was stood about six foot away around the corner listening. So after I sent them back to respawn I went and found a marshall and told him what I had just overheard. I don't know if they did actually try and report me as nothing came back to me but the fact that two players who didn't actually seem to know each other were willing to join up and lie about another player left a bad taste.

Wow that's awful, see the players you need are the ones that make a joke about how you keep getting them or congratulating you! I'd love do do private games but I don't really know enough people to do it!

Archived