Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I reckon this will help

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Mos

Mos

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

• Guns: ICS CXP-08
    ICS M4
    TM VSR-10 (Mancraft SDiK)

• Sites: Ravens Airsoft (Ipswich,Suffolk)

Tuddenham (Suffolk)

When someone joins, typically, they ask "what gun should I get" everyone gets annoyed, he gets told to look through the rest of the forum and yeah. And tat thread is now abandoned, and wastes space on the server or whatever.

SO, why don't when someone new joins, they have to read through a thread to be allowed access to the rest of the forum. Now this thread contains the answer to those common questions such as, where can I find an airsoft skirmish site, what gun? what gear?

I'm sure there is a stickied thread abut this, but maybe new users have to read it, to be allowed in?

yay or nay?

proffrink

proffrink

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3220 posts

People will skip it without reading or just be turned away altogether. I've seen it happen a lot with rules.

I mean did you read the rules when you joined or the privacy agreement? I sure as hell didn't.

Aengus

Aengus

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

• Guns: We xdm
    TM M&P 9

• Loadouts: All black pistol only ninja

• Sites: Double Tap airsoft

Could just have a box above the post section in New Players and arrivals (the one you type in to create a new thread) giving a basic run down of guns and kit to get.

I prefer the dressing up as opposed to naked airsoft  :) 

Esoterick

Esoterick

AF-UK Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

I'd say there's no point. It's like when you create a sales thread it automatically loads the sales template but people just delete it and type in some vague information instead.

proffrink

proffrink

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3220 posts

There's a plugin for IPB that allows it to display a banner above the main forum body until X number of posts have been made (you can also do it based on time from account creation). I think until a new user makes 3 posts the forums should have a big banner with 5 links to the most popular stickies. That might mitigate the issue.

Sico

Sico

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

• Guns: None

• Loadouts: None

• Sites: None

Some people are just lazy, its much more convenient to just type in "what to get?" and wait for suggestions. But this in my perspective is just being pure stupid (hope I don't offend anyone), beside the pew pew part in this sport there is the research part as well, where you on your own need to learn the ropes of airsofting by reading guides, reviews and so on, deciding what you like and what would suit your play style. I'm a starter myself and I have everything planed on what to get, but its on a excel doc, waiting it's turn for the shopping list. When I'm having doubts on what to get I gather few questions that need answering and start a topic, and hopefully will get the answer I need. 

• Stay low, Go fast
  • Kill first, Die last
  • One shot, One kill
  • No luck, All skill

Sacarathe

Sacarathe

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2819 posts

Here's an example of another plugin, perfect for sales.

Thread title police.

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4311 posts

How many of you read the terms and conditions before ticking the box to confirm whatever it is you just want to be getting on with?

Sitting Duck

Sitting Duck

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3557 posts

• Guns: WAY TOO MANY
    (i need serious help)

• Loadouts: Camping with lots of ammo/mags

• Sites: Tactical Warfare London/Surrey

How many of you read the terms and conditions before ticking the box to confirm whatever it is you just want to be getting on with?

Read ??? - c'mon we are blokes, instructions, manuals, terms & conditions etc... pah that's for wimps

I don't need instructions to assemble a Lego Millenium Falcon - I'll make it even more bad ass looking

nah that ain't right, let me see the instructions - just to check I'm not missing any bits.......

tumblr_n9qk0cQbbv1r60h6bo3_250.gif

Jive-ass dude don't got no brains anyhow

New players - please - pretty please read the guides first in New Players Section

An absolute must read is this one:

http://www.airsoft-f...a-tight-budget/

&

http://www.airsoft-f...se/#entry232449

plus a search is less keystrokes that creating same ol' new posts again & again - what to buy etc....

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3774 posts

• Guns: Custom M4
    CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

• Sites: The Mall, Reading
    Ironsight, Andover

Read ??? - c'mon we are blokes, instructions, manuals, terms & conditions etc... pah that's for wimps

I don't need instructions to assemble a Lego Millenium Falcon - I'll make it even more bad ass looking

nah that ain't right, let me see the instructions - just to check I'm not missing any bits.......

HEY!!! Some of us can read instructions just fine thanks!

2013-05-23%2023.11.25.jpg

And before anyone asks, no - I don't have kids.

Sitting Duck

Sitting Duck

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3557 posts

(i need serious help)

2013-05-23%2023.11.25.jpg

yes but I bet Mrs Lozart thinks she has one big kid :)

(I have 3 but wifey says she has 4 including moi - I'm the worst one she says)

ps - lovely Falcon, did you glue the sod coz our one the ar$e kept falling out if we tried to move it

New players - please - pretty please read the guides first in New Players Section

&

plus a search is less keystrokes that creating same ol' new posts again & again - what to buy etc....

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3774 posts

CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

Ironsight, Andover

yes but I bet Mrs Lozart thinks she has one big kid :)

(I have 3 but wifey says she has 4 including moi - I'm the worst one she says)

ps - lovely Falcon, did you glue the sod coz our one the ar$e kept falling out if we tried to move it

Oh she's well aware of how big a kid I am (trust me that's the tiniest fraction of the Star Wars stuff in my house). I'm not saying it's WHY she married me but it didn't hurt!

PS - no glue, that's for cheats. Not had a problem with it falling apart either though so....I don't know, try checking the instructions? :P

Sitting Duck

Sitting Duck

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3557 posts

(i need serious help)

Oh she's well aware of how big a kid I am (trust me that's the tiniest fraction of the Star Wars stuff in my house). I'm not saying it's WHY she married me but it didn't hurt!

PS - no glue, that's for cheats. Not had a problem with it falling apart either though so....I don't know, try checking the instructions? :P

instructions ??? - I get told all the time at work new procedures, nagged at home, if I'm doing it I reserve the right to say - pah my build - my way

(until I realise slowly - ahh yeah I see their point.......)

&

ImTriggerHappy

ImTriggerHappy

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3145 posts

Yeah and your Star Wars addiction has caused me issues.
Stupidly followed your links for replicas with my 5yr old son and now I need a second job. Thank you 😭

Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1328 posts

• Guns: Tokyo Marui HK416D
    Tokyo Marui Mk23 Socom

• Loadouts: British DPM 'Cold War warrior'
    Grey urban kit

• Sites: UCAP Bunker
    The Mall
    Also played at:
    UCAP GreenOps
    UCAP Sandpit
    Longmoor
    Tuddenham

Original Millenium Falcon.  Any thoughts on updating it to the new one, without the round dish and with a new rectangular one?

Nurse (noun), the first person you will see when waking up after saying "hold my gun and watch this..."

Mos

Mos

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

• Guns: ICS CXP-08
    ICS M4
    TM VSR-10 (Mancraft SDiK)

• Sites: Ravens Airsoft (Ipswich,Suffolk)

Tuddenham (Suffolk)

but that's a load of rubbish, well to me anyways.

or atleast when they log in there should be a whole page with an option to press a box that says something like "READ IF NEW to airsoft"

As the guys who post the question of "what gun to get" generally people get quite annoyed at it.

but on a complete side note.

image.jpg1_zpssnkyed8n.jpg

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3774 posts

CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

Ironsight, Andover

Original Millenium Falcon.  Any thoughts on updating it to the new one, without the round dish and with a new rectangular one?

Original...and best.

I'll not be "updating" it but I might get a second one. I want the carbon freezing chamber first though...

ImTriggerHappy

ImTriggerHappy

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3145 posts

Original...and best.

I'll not be "updating" it but I might get a second one. I want the carbon freezing chamber first though...

I want the sand crawler.

Sacarathe

Sacarathe

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2819 posts

I want the sand crawler.

CR90 [Corellian EC] Corvette please.

Thread title police.

djben9

djben9

AF-UK Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

• Guns: ICS CXP-UK1, M4 EBB, G33 F

• Loadouts: Whatevers comfy.....with big pockets

• Sites: Gunman Tuddenham, Urban Assault (RAF Upwood), RIFT (Cottenham)

ok im banning my son from the occasional look on the forum with me incase he spots this thread!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users