Best place to buy Airsoft guns UK?

KyDH
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So me and some friends are looking to get into Airsoft, we're planning to go a few times to see if we like it before we invest into weapons/equipment. However we've still been looking at guns and stuff to get a general idea on prices. We know you can't buy realistic looking replicas and most websites we've seen do bright red/blue two tone colours. I'm confident that its legal to have arisoft guns with orange tips on the barrel, which we rather have because having a bright red gun kind of takes away from the realism. Where do you guys get your guns? (Preferably online)

• Root Admin

You are literally in a sub-forum devoted purely to reviewing various retailers. Please have a look around and do some research. We're more than happy to answer any questions you have, but if you just put 5 minutes into looking up the answer for yourself first you'll get a quicker and more complete reply from an earlier date. Most people have a basically boilerplate answer to more beginner questions so you'll probably have more success looking for yourself.

Here's my reply though: Do rentals first then get your UKARA sorted and spend as much as you feel comfortable (above £120) on a gun. Don't buy 2-tone early unless you absolutely have to because the longer you wait the better your decision will be when you ultimately purchase. If you're still stuck for ideas then the G&G CM-16s and ICS M4s are alsways good as entry-level beginner guns.

You are literally in a sub-forum devoted purely to reviewing various retailers. Please have a look around and do some research. We're more than happy to answer any questions you have, but if you just put 5 minutes into looking up the answer for yourself first you'll get a quicker and more complete reply from an earlier date. Most people have a basically boilerplate answer to more beginner questions so you'll probably have more success looking for yourself.

Here's my reply though: Do rentals first then get your UKARA sorted and spend as much as you feel comfortable (above £120) on a gun. Don't buy 2-tone early unless you absolutely have to because the longer you wait the better your decision will be when you ultimately purchase. If you're still stuck for ideas then the G&G CM-16s and ICS M4s are alsways good as entry-level beginner guns.

Sorry I'm new to this forum, thank for you reply though, and yeah we're going to do rentals first.

Sorry I'm new to this forum, thank for you reply though, and yeah we're going to do rentals first.

Well, its not different to any other forum...

Everything Proffrink said is right.

Where are you getting this orange tip rubbish from, that's not even this continent?

So me and some friends are looking to get into Airsoft, we're planning to go a few times to see if we like it before we invest into weapons/equipment. However we've still been looking at guns and stuff to get a general idea on prices. We know you can't buy realistic looking replicas and most websites we've seen do bright red/blue two tone colours. I'm confident that its legal to have arisoft guns with orange tips on the barrel, which we rather have because having a bright red gun kind of takes away from the realism. Where do you guys get your guns? (Preferably online)

If you don't have UKARA or another valid defence for owning a RIF your gun must be two tone red/blue regardless of whever the gun has an orange tip or not. In terms of where to buy check out zerooneairsoft they have a large collection of all sorts of weaponary and they spray your gun two tone green for free.

• Root Admin

In a less dickish way, Scarathe is saying that's almost exclusively a US law to have the orange tipped barrels so no bearing on how we do stuff here - be careful what you read as even the law is different in Ireland is the Isle of Man, for example. In the UK we have VCRA and 'defences' that allow you to buy an RIF. This forum is good for that sort of information: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/forum/12-uk-law/

Check the stickies at the top of that sub-forum.

Well, its not different to any other forum...

Everything Proffrink said is right.

Where are you getting this orange tip rubbish from, that's not even this continent?

I guess all the airsoft youtube videos I've watched are from the US

I guess all the airsoft youtube videos I've watched are from the US

Ah well its an understandable assumption, its easy on the internet to not realise what you're reading does not apply to you. That said, I assumed you'd got it from some UK site peddling rubbish, difficult to imagine a world without that addon I linked.

Archived