Maintenance for M4

Delta Recon 552
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there,

Just wondering wether Im supposed to be maintaing my kings arms M4a1 carbine in any particular way. I clean the barrel every so often but is there anything else I need to do to keep my aeg in working order. (I don't particularly want to strip it down since that invalidates the warranty)

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Not really that's about it. Do you have a little silicon oil to stick in the barrel after cleaning (get it from car parts shop like halfords or auto shop) Apart from that wipe down the outside and keep the mud off it. Only thing about barrel cleaning is to make sure the hop is off so you don't damage the rubber when you stick the cleaning rod down the end.

Not really that's about it. Do you have a little silicon oil to stick in the barrel after cleaning (get it from car parts shop like halfords or auto shop) Apart from that wipe down the outside and keep the mud off it. Only thing about barrel cleaning is to make sure the hop is off so you don't damage the rubber when you stick the cleaning rod down the end.

You can get it from most airsoft shops too

Alex, why yes you can get the oil from As shops, however car part shops are a ###### site more local to most people and it happens to be a lot cheaper than AS shops.

Archived