M4 Stocks, Fixed vs. Sliding

Mitchell Gee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi there, i have got a G&G GR16 for crimbo and i wanna go all out on customizing it...and one of the first things i wanna do is get a new stock so im trying to decide beetween This and this and last of all this now i would prefer the folding one... but its mainly for looks... and because i dont play much (if any) CQB i also like the look of the full stock but measering in at nearly a foot long it may not be comfy considering im only 12 and am quite small... so i guess the sliding one would be best but it kinda looks plasticy.... but i dont wanna keep my current one (as comfy as it is) because i want a realy unique look...

• Supporters

full stocks are nice for an M16 which you need at full length anyway, Sliding stocks are nice for CQB or just for resting the weapon on a sling but you generally have it all the way out anyway which makes it the same length as the full stock, I hate folding stocks But that's my opinion. get what you like the look off and remember if your unsure just ask people when your in the safe zone :)

If you like your current stock, why change it? don't go for uniqueness and be at a disadvantage to yourself, anyway if you still want to look different a lick of paint will freshen it up (Stay within the Law however) but there's nothing wrong with having a TAN stock (Providing the stock isn't 2 tone)

You could try a Magpul MOE stock? I've just put one on my M4 and they are really nice - available in various colours. I think fire-support.co.uk have some. Plus then you can get a Magpul handguard and grip to match! 8)

i wanna get magpul but its ###### expensive... and i would paint it but i have no idea how (well i do, but i dont realy wanna rish destroying my £200 crimbo pressie before ive gone to my first skirmish... ima make a gun ghillie this weekend hopefully.... that will make it look unique i guess... if u could send me a link to any good videos on how to paint it it would be much obliged... ima go look for some now... thanks

You're forgetting batteries. If your gun is rear wired a full stock will allow you use a large battery and therefore shoot longer between charges. Having a rear wired gun also means you can swap out the handguards for any ris ones without worrying about where to store the battery. However, if your gun is wired to the back you'll have to get it re-wired to the front before fitting a folding stock, as you obviously cant house a battery in a folding stock.

Archived