Tokyo Marui AA12

Happy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I own one it doesn't feel cheap it feel a like it's not made of metal which has a cheap feel in comparison to most AEG's but they made it like that to feel like the real one.

The only thing I don't like about it is the plastic charging handle.

Other than that it has a sturdy feel to it.

I played against a guy last Sunday, Pretty much the whole team picked him out before he caused too much damage. IMHO it's a bit like a TM Breacher, nice gun but it's not essential! (BTW, do people realize that the real life AA12 has no recoil?)

• Supporters

I played against a guy last Sunday, Pretty much the whole team picked him out before he caused too much damage. IMHO it's a bit like a TM Breacher, nice gun but it's not essential! (BTW, do people realize that the real life AA12 has no recoil?)

And is mostly made of plastic... Like most modern firearms!

• Supporters

Yeah but airsoft isnt the real world. A gas one with recoil would be fun the aeg is just a 260fps aeg and you dont really notice the tri shot. Its just a big uncomfortable aeg at the end of the day.

Its definitely a marmite gun.

Yeah but airsoft isnt the real world. A gas one with recoil would be fun the aeg is just a 260fps aeg and you dont really notice the tri shot. Its just a big uncomfortable aeg at the end of the day.

Its definitely a marmite gun.

Oh I get what you're saying, the recoil part is pretty "meh" as far as I'm concerned in this case. I still ask the question, what's it good for? They say room clearance but then surely any high ROF gun will do the same thing? I realize you can set the nozzle for wide dispursal but again it's very situational.

• Supporters

Oh I get what you're saying, the recoil part is pretty "meh" as far as I'm concerned in this case. I still ask the question, what's it good for? They say room clearance but then surely any high ROF gun will do the same thing? I realize you can set the nozzle for wide dispursal but again it's very situational.

I dont even think room clearance is an option its so big.

In the real world with a big bang and shotgun rounds going off, scaring the crap out of everybody maybe but this is airsoft. You can just stand to the side of the door and pick him off when he is trying to swing the cricket bat around as he enters.

The guy using it had to revert to pistols for the second half of the day because he was aching. I dont think it was the weight because the owner is in shape, I think it was just uncomfortable.

When it's fired you honestly cant tell the difference between that and a normal aeg. Actually stings less, even up close.

Defo think I'll stick with breacher all the point made are valid

If they bring a gas one out then yeah I'm on it

Hopefully I'll get to see one up close soon

I had a game last weekend where two of them made an appearance, both on the opposing team. I was looking forward to being on the receiving end of them after all the hype, but didn't really get to witness them in action. In fact, I didn't see them at any point in the day other than the safety briefing. My guess would be that the users found them to be a little on the ineffective side, and stuck them back in their cars after a couple of respawns.

I pointed out to a teammate on the day, with 93 rounds in a mag, and three rounds per trigger pull, that's 31 shots in a mag. My guess is they only had a couple of magazines with them. Not exactly a weapon for using as a primary all day in my opinion, maybe that's why they switched back to AEGs. That said, I'm sure the drum mag will more than sort the issue when it eventually gets released.

Marmite hey trigg? So it falls into the same category as the Kriss vector then?! Blimey.

bored so I thought I'd show my fav shotgun:

a5c914503c82324c2fa5fecca8b95fe3.jpg

Gotta love the spas 12

• 3 months later...

Saw this on reddit t'other day. Looks pretty boss having this many rounds, must rattle like a bitch but would be pretty sucky to have that many rounds hitting around you while in cover xD

Do we know much more about upgrading these yet? Would be a fun bushwacking gun if we can upgrade it to 300FPS on .25s

• Supporters

It's a great gun; we have a couple here in Florida. It wouldn't be too difficult to upgrade, but you'd have to spend 3x as much for hop/barrel work :P

Archived